DVDVR Message Board

WWE Hall of Fame 2022

The Natural

• The Natural changed the title to WWE Hall of Fame 2022. 1st April 2022.
8 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Wonder if The Undertaker will be the only one like it was speculated in the past

Honestly it is possible since they are doing it live post Smackdown. That is gonna be a long night for those folks so doing a normal ceremony might be torture.

Another option is just to induct Michelle McCool too

• Like 2

Just now, RIPPA said:

Honestly it is possible since they are doing it live post Smackdown. That is gonna be a long night for those folks so doing a normal ceremony might be torture.

Another option is just to induct Michelle McCool too

Oof, that will be a long night. The HOF used to be the night before WrestleMania but now WrestleMania goes two nights.

11 minutes ago, Blue Dragon said:

Few names left then the WWE HOF goes dormant someday. 

If you mean because they don't have headlines... doubtful

• John Cena
  • Rock
  • Triple H (as an individual)
  • Brock
  • Vince himself (though he claims he will never put himself in)
  • Chris Jericho (will go in as soon as AEW contract or he retires)

So that is a half dozen more years and then they start filling in folks who really should retire by then

• Rey Mysterio Jr
  • Randy Orton Jr

And that isn't even factoring in folks like Bryan Danielson and CM Punk or the aforementioned Batista who still technically wasn't inducted. (Plus last year - Kane technically was the "headliner" so that definition is already thin)

If you mean in like 15-20 years - well who knows. I mean hopefully it will have been the heat death of the universe by then

• Like 2

On 2/18/2022 at 10:00 PM, Cleavy said:

this year you only need Taker.  Don't bother inducting anyone else.

Agreed. Be interesting to see who inducts The Undertaker. I think it'll be Vince McMahon. Vince did that for Steve Austin. Fitting for both. If it isn't Vince, Mick Foley or Kane.

Edited by The Natural

19 hours ago, twiztor said:

i don't think Randy Orton's son is deserving of a HOF spot. not yet, at least. give it a couple dozen years, maybe he can topple 38-time champion Brock Lesnar. 

Too bad his kid is not Bob Orton the Fourth..

• Thanks 1

• Dolfan in NYC changed the title to WWE Hall of Fame 2022
  • 2 weeks later...

Vince just confirmed on Macafee’s show that he’s inducting Taker. He basically said they were family, and he was more generous with his praise for Taker than I’ve heard him for just about anybody, including his actual family. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Blue Dragon said:

Vader Time

I am amused that one of the collectable folks knew last week but it is only getting announced now.

I am assuming they might also do a celebrity and Warrior Award (though they can kill two birds with one stone there)

I'm most interested in who they put in the Legacy class. They keep sneaking in guys who matter to me like Buddy Rose and Paul Boesch and Gary Hart and Lord Alfred. It's always tricky given that they don't like putting people who are alive in there, but I'd like to see the Glamour Girls.

1 minute ago, Matt D said:

I'm most interested in who they put in the Legacy class. They keep sneaking in guys who matter to me like Buddy Rose and Paul Boesch and Gary Hart and Lord Alfred. It's always tricky given that they don't like putting people who are alive in there, but I'd like to see the Glamour Girls.

Since Mania is in Dallas - they could be heavily influenced by Houston/Texas folks which also would really please you