DVDVR Message Board

Rampage - 2/18/2022

1 minute ago, christopher.annino said:

As long as Page wins, I'm fine with him going against Cole. 

Hobbs mocking Lee has me STOKED. 

Deeb forever.

Switchblade is fucking awesome. 

That's the only thing about the match I care about because Adam Cole does fuck all for me.

Agree with you on the rest.

• Like 2

So we were talking about how the Beel throw was invented by Fred Beel in here, after Keith Lee's match. And then tonight, Ricky Starks just happens to ask his fellow commentators if they know who invented it (because he does). And he has rt'ed some of Matt D's French Catch links before now as well. I think Starks might be lurking here.

Dante Martin's facial expressions have improved leaps and bounds very quickly. Although if you think about it, he spent the early bit of his career under a mask as Angel Dorado, so making faces would have been pointless. But whoever smartened him up to that, they did a good job. Just don't let him do shocked kickout face and we'll be fine.

• Like 8

Oh man, what a show!  Jay White is fucking awesome.  Trent Berreta is a younger Christian.  Trent is the best wrestler in AEW?  Unless they sign Jay White.  That was some wrestling.  So Nashville is the greatest audience in wrestling?  I love Adam Cole and he did a man's job of carrying Preston Vance to a longish match.  He shouldn't channel 1997 Kenta Kobashi by landing directly on his neck twice in a match.  Hobbs/Dante Martin was fucking awesome.  Martin is the most improved guy in AEW.  He is so much more than his spots now.  I assume AQA is the first to last five minutes with Serena Deeb since AQA is tiny. young and feisty.  AEW RULES!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, AxB said:

So we were talking about how the Beel throw was invented by Fred Beel in here, after Keith Lee's match. And then tonight, Ricky Starks just happens to ask his fellow commentators if they know who invented it (because he does). And he has rt'ed some of Matt D's French Catch links before now as well. I think Starks might be lurking here.

Nick Cammorato needs to beel Fuego Del Sol on Dark so we can truly find out who takes it the best.  If only Brian Cage hadn't piss off someone in upper management, he could have beeled Serpentico.

EDIT:  OH RIGHT!  LANCE ARCHER!  Lance Archer beeling Sammy Guevara has to happen next week.  And Miro can beel Matt Sydel.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, DEAN said:

Nick Cammorato needs to beel Fuego Del Sol on Dark so we can truly find out who takes it the best.  If only Brian Cage hadn't piss off someone in upper management, he could have beeled Serpentico.

EDIT:  OH RIGHT!  LANCE ARCHER!  Lance Archer beeling Sammy Guevara has to happen next week.  And Miro can beel Matt Sydel.

Lance Archer and Miro are my picks. Hoss Ladder Match.

• Like 5

Fridays continue to be the tidiest hour in sports. Excellent show. Vance looked like a star, and the main event absolutely killed it. No idea if Jay White is ever planning on coming in full time, but he's very charismatic and would catch on big over hwre. Trent continues to be pleasantly crisp post-injury. And I'm getting Sammy/Andrade next week!!!

• Like 6

Hiroshi Tanahashi notices what a dickhead Jay White is. Tanahashi, Kazuchika Okada, Tetsuya Naito, Kota Ibushi and Zack Sabre Jr are the five NJPW I want to see debut the most in AEW, especially Okada/Tanahashi.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Sammy/Andrade is a ppv match. Weird that they’re doing it next week. 

Really fun little show.

I can’t imagine why anyone would think it’s a good idea to put the top title on Adam Cole. He’s just so small. Which again, would be fine if he had the first idea how to work to his size. I will say that it seems as though getting away from hbk has tamped down some of his worst impulses.

I dig Serena Deeb.

I’d never seen Jay White before tonight. Further research is needed.

Will Hobbs & Dante Martin could be huge stars for them.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, just drew said:

Really fun little show.

I can’t imagine why anyone would think it’s a good idea to put the top title on Adam Cole. He’s just so small. Which again, would be fine if he had the first idea how to work to his size. I will say that it seems as though getting away from hbk has tamped down some of his worst impulses.

I dig Serena Deeb.

I'm fine with it. It's the TNT title and they need some big matchups for their TNT show now and again. 

I don't think Cole is too small, but I do think it's too soon for him to win the title. The next guy I would have win it is MJF.

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, just drew said:

Really fun little show.

I dig Serena Deeb.

Guessing Sammy/Andrade/Darby will be the match at AEW Revolution for the TNT Championship. That's why it's happening next week. Sammy/Darby was also a PPV worthy match but happened on Dynamite this week.

Check out Jay White's matches with Kazuchika Okada and Kota Ibushi.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 4

One thing about Cole's size is that he has 4 different close buddies on the show (although the Bucks and reDragon might be going at each other soon) so in theory, Page vs Cole should involve the various Cole buddies cheating like bastards to help their friend. Not sure if that would distract people from the NXT Takeover style of match that's more likely.

1 minute ago, For Great Justice said:

I feel like Trent is sneakily one of the best dudes in the company. Like a lot of the better matches and stories in the history of the promotion have Trent somewhere in the mix and we never talk about him as a key player. 

I think it's because the AEW roster is so loaded that sometimes Trent is under appreciated. Trent/Chuck Taylor vs. Santana/Ortiz on AEW Dynamite, 16th September 2020 is still one of my favourite AEW matches.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

I feel like Trent is sneakily one of the best dudes in the company. Like a lot of the better matches and stories in the history of the promotion have Trent somewhere in the mix and we never talk about him as a key player. 

If he could cut a great promo consistently, he'd probably be in the TNT title conversation at least. Oh and if he stopped having ridiculously major injuries once every other year. Dude bumps like a maniac, sells his ass off in the best way a babyface can (similar to The Rock, probably the greatest top dog babyface seller I can think of ever) with steely determination, has a good repertoire of moves but nothing overkill, fundamentals are all there. Just missing something and it's mostly promos and character work. The stuff with Sue is adorable and really great for a tag team guy but probably not something you'd be able to stretch much past that. 

• Like 2

I forgot to mention Serena in my post. She killed it as usual, but I'm wondering at this point where we're heading with her:

1) Shida comes out of the crowd and beats her down after one of these

2) Jade answers the challenge as she's technically in her rookie year still, and gives her the comeuppance

3) A new signee or one of the regulars from Dark pulls off the upset

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I forgot to mention Serena in my post. She killed it as usual, but I'm wondering at this point where we're heading with her:

2) Jade answers the challenge as she's technically in her rookie year still, and gives her the comeuppance

I'd choose 3. 1 can be done after the match, 2. Jade doesn't need it as she's already TBS Champion and 3 gives the rub to someone new/that needs it. Has to be the right pick though.

• Like 2

They gotta stop doing Shida and Riho dirty. I understand Riho is injured but those past champs need some fuckin' shine when they're around. Shida's talked about retiring at the end of her deal and she's posting messages on social media about how being Japanese went from a bonus early on as the division relied on joshi puroresu but now it's a detriment. 

That Shida/Deeb feud was really, really good. Why was it suddenly dropped unless this leads back to Shida beating Deeb?

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

#3, since as mentioned on commentary tonight, they don't have to actually beat her - just last the 5 minutes. So someone new ends up taking her to the limit. 

• Like 2

I really want the Hikaru Shida vs. Serena Deeb blowoff match to be Submission Only or better still fight in the cage used for the faux MMA between Wardlow/Jake Hager. Shida, Deeb and Conti could pull off that style and fight in MMA attire as well to differentiate it further. Is Shida legit hurt?

Edited by The Natural