DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 2/14 - 2/20/2022

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Cobra Commander said:

one could only imagine what Johnny Ace could do with a WWE checkbook and the ability to subscribe to various OnlyFans accounts for "talent scouting"

I'm guessing Bron switched off of the Steiner Recliner awhile ago (or they realized he needed a non-submission finisher)

I'd just like to use this moment to tell my favourite story from this year. My dad had his credit card compromised and got a bill with the fraudulent charges on it which was someone in the UK using it to rack up $100+ of charges on OnlyFans and I overheard my dad saying to my mom (While I was on a 90+ minute call with the credit card people): "So someone used it to buy a bunch of ceiling fans?"

Poor, sweet, innocent Dad!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Sorry, Cheese, but the Peter Dunne/Tony D'Angelo match was a cage match with WEAPONS and NO BLOOD?  Not in this day and age, pal.

Man, I love Gigi Dolan,  Her best stuff was during the picture-in-picture.  Dolin and Jacy Jayne are good 70's styled heels.  That match was good.  Indi Hartwell and Persia Pirotta have adequate babyface fire to react to the superior heelishness of Dolin and Jayne.   

Cameron Grimes/Carmelo Hayes was good.  Very indie, in a good way.  Hayes' finisher is simple and spectacular, which is hard to pull off.

The Creed Brothers are awesome.  They are innovative yet also very goofy.  MSK are the modern day Headbangers.  That finish was beautiful.

Bron Breakker continues to channel his Uncle Scott- young Scott, who was fucking awesome.  Why I remember the first time we saw him hit a Frankensteiner.... Dolph Ziggler?  Okay.  Breakker is intense, which is good.

Santos is going to be NXT's Patrick Ewing, in that he's never, ever winning the title so long as Bron is there.  

The Creeds continue to rule.  MSK Member 1 (I don't know their names) looked like he died on that finisher.   When Malcolm eventually betrays them, they're going to be mega-faces.  

Dunne/Tony D felt off without the blood with all the brutalizing they were doing. Still enjoyable, but could have been more with that extra step.

Toxic Attraction vs. Indi/Persia was solid. 

Carmela/Grimes was good. Curious where they go with Grimes from here.

Creeds/MSK was MOTN for me. The teams were good foils for each other with their differing styles. So damn happy the Creeds won. They might be my favorites of the 2.0 crew.

Bron/Escobar was solid. That spear towards the end was awesome.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, caley said:

I'd just like to use this moment to tell my favourite story from this year. My dad had his credit card compromised and got a bill with the fraudulent charges on it which was someone in the UK using it to rack up $100+ of charges on OnlyFans and I overheard my dad saying to my mom (While I was on a 90+ minute call with the credit card people): "So someone used it to buy a bunch of ceiling fans?"

Poor, sweet, innocent Dad!

OK, just call it a day and shut down the internet now.  No one's topping this one.  We can come back tomorrow and try again.

"Hey, if I win enough matches on LVL Up, do I get to appear on another show?"

"No"

Although if there's any setting where a "defend the title 4 times and retire as champion and go to greener pastures" thing could work, it would be among people on the C show hoping to get to the B show.

3 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

Is NXT running house shows again yet? If not them having what is their own version of AEW Dark isn't a bad idea.

A week or so ago - Meltzer mentioned either in the WON or the radio show, that they are talking about starting up at least the Florida loop again because they know that a lot of the folks they are using need more than one match a week to improve.

Anything would be post-Mania though

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Am I the only one seeing the connection between "Level Up" and "EVOLVE"?

Many of the same letters, for sure!

Anyway, overall this was a very good show, but watching straight after this week's Dynamite, it was a bit much. That being said. I liked everything I saw. Gunther vs Solo Usoa before moving on to Bron should be a worthwhile distraction.

Edited by Shartnado
Overall thoughts added

When you do that sort of thing, the person who's head is being slammed down is the one doing all the motion.  Ronda should just almost lay her hands on top and let Charlotte do all the work.  

Quick look says Ronda applied force, Charlotte panicked and sort of stopped her, but then finished the spot.  

Kevin Dunn's cocaine fueled edits will "fix" it, but I think that's on Ronda. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

When you do that sort of thing, the person who's head is being slammed down is the one doing all the motion.  Ronda should just almost lay her hands on top and let Charlotte do all the work.  

Quick look says Ronda applied force, Charlotte panicked and sort of stopped her, but then finished the spot.  

Kevin Dunn's cocaine fueled edits will "fix" it, but I think that's on Ronda. 

A certain podcast ironically discussed last week the “bonking head spot” and how it it was best done. So they got great humor in discussing the Ronda/Charlotte spot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

I liked the Nakamura match.

Imagine if Goldberg won the Universal title? GOLDBERG, GOLDBERG,GOLDBERG!

That match was good.  The Ricochet/Seamus match was good too.  The Jay Uso/Guy From Viking Raiders was fun while it lasted.

• Like 1