DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 2/14 - 2/20/2022

Dolfan in NYC

For those wondering about Owens' vagueness in his promos: 

Spoiler

So I'm guessing its Owens-Austin in Dallas with SCSA defending Texas' honor or something.  The much more disappointing option would be something like JBL.  And of course, you could never discount Taker.  Though if they allowed juice, an Owens-Funk bloodbath would be insane. 

7 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

For those wondering about Owens' vagueness in his promos: 

Reveal hidden contents

So I'm guessing its Owens-Austin in Dallas with SCSA defending Texas' honor or something.  The much more disappointing option would be something like JBL.  And of course, you could never discount Taker.  Though if they allowed juice, an Owens-Funk bloodbath would be insane. 

I put it in the Omnibus thread:

Spoiler

Dave Meltzer said there's still a lot of WrestleMania XXXVIII tickets to sell. That's why WWE's turned to Steve Austin. Austin's never come back, we thought at WrestleMania XXV in Texas and rumours of Austin/Punk at some point as well. I think Steve will turn this down.

Edited by The Natural

I tuned in in time to see most of the Gauntlet match, which went 40+ (!!!) minutes. Rhea absolutely destroyed Doudrop with her finisher (the non-submission one). I thought her brain might push right out the top of her head. Speaking of gif-worthy moments, the next match had Rey Rey doing a tope into a Sunset Flip powerbomb that blasted the back of Gable's head into the barricade... nasty. And also something I don't think I've EVER seen.

And then we got the doll and the psychiatrist and a toga party and yeah fuck this shit. 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I tuned in in time to see most of the Gauntlet match, which went 40+ (!!!) minutes. Rhea absolutely destroyed Doudrop with her finisher (the non-submission one). I thought her brain might push right out the top of her head. Speaking of gif-worthy moments, the next match had Rey Rey doing a tope into a Sunset Flip powerbomb that blasted the back of Gable's head into the barricade... nasty. And also something I don't think I've EVER seen.

And then we got the doll and the psychiatrist and a toga party and yeah fuck this shit. 

That gauntlet match was good.  Made me want to see singles matches between Ripley and all of them, especially Belair.  I dug that Orton/Rollins match too.  Rey Rey is so good.

• Like 1

Spoiler

The only type of "match" I can envision is Austin coming out to cut a promo about how much he loves Texas, spouting off his catchphrases, etc leading to Owens coming out to talk shit and eat a stunner for his troubles, followed by Austin cracking open beers and mugging for the crowd.

Basically the same thing The Rock did to Rowan a few years ago. It's WM so it would be totally on-brand for a retired attitude era wrestler to make one of their current stars look like a chump.

• Like 1

Spoiler

I could see KO not getting a match and coming out to cut a promo.

Then Booker T hits the ring to give him an Axe Kick.

Then JBL appears to hit a Clothesline from Hell.

Then HBK comes out for some Sweet Chin Music.

Finally Austin walks the aisle, hits a Stunner, and hands out some beers for a celebration.

Edited by L_W_P
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lawful Metal said:

Is there another “Texas” wrestler Austin can “pass the torch” to while he’s beating up Owens?

The correct answer is no.  In Vince's mind?  

john-bradshaw-layfield-jbl.gif

Maybe. 

Smackdown was taped last night.  Here are the spoilers for 2/18:

Spoiler
  • In-Ring: Roman Reigns & Goldberg – The show started with an in-ring back-and-forth promo segment between Reigns and Goldberg.
  • Ricochet defeated Sheamus
  • Intercontinental Championship: Sami Zayn defeated Shinsuke Nakamura (c) to become the new Intercontinental Champion.
  • Ivar defeated Jimmy Uso
  • In-Ring: Drew McIntyre, Happy Corbin & Madcap Moss ahead of the McIntyre vs. Moss match at Elimination Chamber.
  • In-Ring Contract Signing: Ronda Rousey, Naomi, Charlotte Flair, Sonya Deville – There was a contract signing segment ahead of the Rousey & Naomi vs. Flair & Deville tag match at Elimination Chamber next Saturday. Adam Pearce hosted. After exchanging words, Rousey threw the SmackDown Women’s title belt at Flair and Flair ran at her, but Rousey slammed her face into the table. Meanwhile, Naomi took out Sonya Deville with a kick and the segment ended with Rousey and Naomi flipping the table over onto Flair and Deville and standing tall.

5 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Smackdown was taped last night.  Here are the spoilers for 2/18:

Reveal hidden contents

Nit picking but they were taped Friday after the other SDL - not last night

And supposedly - the WWE already put the bolded part out on social media (though I didn't see it myself)