DVDVR Message Board

Rampage - 2/11/2022

57 minutes ago, DEAN said:

They were FTR Lite tonight.

Oh indeed. That match was Southern Tag as hell. The Ass Boys play to the crowd probably more than any other act in AEW. 

'80s Sean Penn is still murking folks and it should not stop. That T-Bone was dangerous, sure, but this is wrestling and thus cooperative. I hope. What really popped me was him doing what looked like an arm-trap cravate? Didn't even know what to call that along with another hold he had Mulkey #3 on the mat for.  

I missed most of this (once again), but that means I get to plow through both of this and Dynamite in full on my day off tomorrow.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jamal said:

Cool stuff with Renegade and Baker and then the Martinez/Hayter drama.

"No wonder your parents gave you up." Yikes! Statlander is a savage lol 

Yeah, Statlander didn't F around there! But she probably knows that life in general is awful in Russia, if you add to your parents misery by attacking them with chairs and trying to break their arms at every turn, it's off to the orphanage or to the salt mines with you, what did she expect?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Octopus said:

I can’t wait for more of the developing Statlander-Hirsch blood feud. “Boop. Your birth parents didn’t love you. I’m an alien.” 

Hey, aliens routinely abduct and probe folks just for lulz and mutilate cattle in order to see what they look like turned inside-out. I think it's a pretty safe bet that Statlander's childhood wasn't exactly picnic, either. She could have witnessed some messed up stuff, as well!

It also seems that inadvertently, Sting (the singer one) finally got his answer to wheter "Russians love their children, too?" Shit, probably not the answer he was hoping for, all this time!

Edited by Shartnado
80's cold war hit gets an answer
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Martinez vs Hayter is going to kick SO MUCH ASS. 

I dig those Renegade Twins. They totally got a flea market nunchuks vibe to 'em. 

The Ass Boys rule. Austin, especially. I love the fact that with them and 2.0, AEW has a couple teams that could easily fit right in on Memphis TV. 

• Like 5

Opener was fun and continues the trend of Trent being a bit of a beast in every match for no reason. I saw this pairing a million times in New Japan but the hot American crowd makes for a more enjoyable experience.

I like Bryan’s intentions and his logical but aggressive argument. He seems stern, stern but fair.

Hook looked awesome as per usual and the crowd was molten for him. I don’t care, put the TNT title on him ASAP and let’s see how it goes. He gave me skinny Samoa Joe vibes today.

LMAO at Statlander just being a savage in that promo video, can’t wait for their blowoff as both ladies are pretty hard hitting.

I used to hate the Gunn kids for the first couple of years of AEW, they were green and annoying as fuck. Even when Austin was just in the crowd during the pandemic shows I couldn’t stand his face. But turning heel was the best move they’ve ever made and have actually developed into a pretty decent little team.

I enjoyed Austin’s 1993 HBK cosplay tonight and they really got me on that nearfall after the belt shot, I was 99% we were getting a shock title switch right there because the whole sequence leading up to it was played perfectly. Not at all time classic or anything but a great defense and Jurassic Express’ title run continues to deliver IMO.

Edited by eikerir
  • Like 2

Ass Boys are a catchy theme (check), catchphrase (TBD) and swanky new double team finish away from that next level of stardom. And I think a couple month feud with Best Friends will get them there. I mean they have to do the layup where they lose and have to use the new song, right? 

There’s a trajectory where they are tag champs by the end of this year IMO. The presentation, charisma and ring work are there. AEW has so many improved acts from the early days but Gunn Club might be #1.

• Like 2

I think the Ass Boys have improved dramatically since their debut...but in my opinion the are still a while away from being championship caliber. There are also far too many teams above them. But that's not a bad thing...hopefully by 23/24 they are having great matches on PPV. Time is on their side.

• Like 2

Other than the Jacksons picking up a win they absolutely did not need, this show was pretty good. I’ve gone out of my way to check out some Roppongi Vice the last couple weeks and they are quite dope.

If I could I’d take out a second mortgage to buy stock in Danhausen, Hook and the Ass Boys. What a bright future this company has.

• Like 2

As far as catchphrases, I think it’d be fun if one of the Gunns likes being the Gunn Club and the other one warms up to Ass Boys.

Austin: You can try to beat us, but everyone ends up under the Gunn.

Colten: Ass is in session!

Austin: Goddam it. 

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, RunningFromAmerica said:

Colten and Austin have 50ish and 70ish matches respectively, many of them squashes; they're really not bad at all for that timeframe but I wouldn't rush them into anything.

Sure but either one of them is already better than Limitedsaurus.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, JLowe said:

Sure but either one of them is already better than Limitedsaurus.

Your disrespect towards Luchasaurus saddens me, JLowe. Saddens me to the core. Look upon my "sad" reaction icon and know it speaks the truth.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

Your disrespect towards Luchasaurus saddens me, JLowe. Saddens me to the core. Look upon my "sad" reaction icon and know it speaks the truth.

I’m still working on my morning coffee, sorry. I forgot that he can do that standing moonsault. But I was watching a PPV from a couple of years ago when Stunt was still with them and they were still A Boy and his Dinosaur (and a small boy) and Luchasaurus seemed to move better and do more then than he does now. 

I'm with @tbarrie Luchasaurus is relying less on those slow mo kicks and I think it's done him a world of good. Obviously I have no idea what the locker room is like, but one would hope he's taking the opportunity to learn from guys like Mark Henry and The Giant. Same for Keith Lee, though IMO he's way more of a complete package, health issues notwithstanding.

• Thanks 1

I am not one who gets offended easily. And, in my wrestling tastes, I usually enjoy offensiveness. 

But I have an adopted son. In fact, today is the two-year anniversary of when our family was officially made complete. 

The Leyla/Stat stuff is beyond fucked up. The "no wonder your parents gave you up" stuff is the type of bullying adopted kids have to deal with growing up. Hopefully my son will never have to deal with that. But there's a good chance he will. 

Like... it really makes me want to punch Tony Kahn in his awful face.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2