DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 2/9/22

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

Well I did say a GOOD Brody ? 

It would be nice if Archer won a big one at some point though. Maybe a short reign of terror as TNT champ.

Miro turned out to be an awesome TNT champ, but actually thought that Archer was going to win it from Darby (and they even teased a build toward that IIRC). He did win the IWGP U.S. title on AEW TV in a really good match against Moxley, but agree that a TNT run in 2022 works (and you have a readymade angle, where Archer wins it as the last of the Lambert charges after Page and Sky have failed).

• Like 2

That Main Event was awesome. Holy shit Archer used a fork. What’s old is new again. 

The Punk/Mox-FTR Tag Match was really good. Hella fun I also liked Punk but in his promo acknowledging that Wardlow is the threat in The Pinnacle and not the rest of those goofs.

And I really liked the Jade-AQA match. AQA got a lot of offense in and Jade looked good there was a spot that was a little clunky but I’ll forgive it as Jades less than a year in.

• Like 2

On 2/10/2022 at 4:43 PM, Technico Support said:

JR compared Lee to Mark Henry for the same criteria he used to compare Sammy Guevara to Gino Hernandez.  Really, comparing Lee and Henry is actually far more egregious.  Except for the obvious, there is nothing to compare them.  

I don't have a problem with it, seeing as Mark Henry was debuted by showing footage of him doing athletic feats like dunking a basketball. And I think Lee looking bigger is likely due to him being in AEW where the roster is much smaller

On 2/10/2022 at 7:57 AM, Matt D said:

Re: Jade. Don't compare her to Chyna. Chyna was basically the final boss of Moolah Wrestling. If you want to compare someone to Chyna, there's a female bodyguard in the promotion already. Compare her to Luger or whatever instead. Total Package (Though that's Megan Bayne but that's beside the point).

That was maybe the most effortless Gotch Lift I've ever seen I think and I wonder if it's because she's so strong or because AQA helped her or because guys like Backlund were faces doing it so they knew to milk it and sell the effort and get three minutes out of a twenty minute match from it.

I was thinking about this... she's not luger is Rick Rude with the cockiness

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta
2 hours ago, zendragon said:

I was thinking about this... she's not luger is Rick Rude with the cockiness

Prime Rude was on another level but Luger had plenty cockiness with The Narcissist run (the mirror, pinning opponents with a finger after battering them with his bionic forearm) and later in WCW. Jade is closer to Luger than Rude at the moment but it's a marathon not a sprint. 

Edited by Jimbo_Tsuruta

Jade’s got way more cool points than Lex. He looked great and he could hold up his end with great opponents, but he always came off like kind of a goober. Rude was always too much of an asshole and a stooge to be cool. So who’s a cool person with great muscle definition to compare Jade to? I don’t know, me? I’m not that vascular this time of year, but I’m cutting, I swear. 

1 hour ago, (BP) said:

Jade’s got way more cool points than Lex. He looked great and he could hold up his end with great opponents, but he always came off like kind of a goober. Rude was always too much of an asshole and a stooge to be cool. So who’s a cool person with great muscle definition to compare Jade to? I don’t know, me? I’m not that vascular this time of year, but I’m cutting, I swear. 

Scott Steiner? “Big Poppa Pump” era?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Purely my opinion, but the only real comparisons we have for Jade's trajectory are Bill Goldberg (who she's already better than at the same stage) 

Please show your work.