DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 2/9/22

JR compared Lee to Mark Henry for the same criteria he used to compare Sammy Guevara to Gino Hernandez.  Really, comparing Lee and Henry is actually far more egregious.  Except for the obvious, there is nothing to compare them.  

I’d fall out of my chair if he ever compared a minority wrestler to a white wrestler based on wrestling style.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, JLowe said:

Isn't that the spot where they've been having Kip Sabian and his boxhead sit for the Dark and Elevation tapings? Maybe he's just an arena employee who would rather be home?

Wait a second, that was KIP SABIAN sitting in front of me at the Dark tapings last month?

I did notice the guy go right past security and walk backstage for a little bit during the middle of the tapings.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

JR compared Lee to Mark Henry for the same criteria he used to compare Sammy Guevara to Gino Hernandez.  Really, comparing Lee and Henry is actually far more egregious.  Except for the obvious, there is nothing to compare them.  

Eh, I think this was just a strength thing. Lee was doing a lot of power spots, JR works with the "World's Strongest Man" and connects the dots. Lee was wrestling primarily a power match, so it's not THAT egregious (unlike the Sammy-Gino one).

• Like 2

If you want another view of Jay White, he's gonna be on AXSTV in an hour or so against Tanahashi from 3/1/19 in New Japan. 

I watched the Lee return and Jesus yes he has blown up. Not that I have a problem with that. He'll be back to proper shape soon I'm sure. In the meantime, he can beal/beel/beele whatever dudes all day long. 

• Like 2

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta

Lee is closer to Vader/Bam Bam/Blackwell than Henry for me, without the snarl of Vader. I hope Lee and Hobbs pair up. Looking at cagematch, Hobbs hasn't won on the main shows since last September (feel free to correct me on that) so it'd be good to see him throwing guys around while Lee does his thing and notching wins in a team. 

Matches against Punk/Moxley and Darby/Sting came to mind as being potential crackers. 

Edited by Jimbo_Tsuruta

Here we were bickering about Osprey and Gargano and we got Switchblade and Keith Lee, which is a million times better.

I quit social media this year and it makes the shows so much more enjoyable with the constant spoilers (I usually watch the shows a day later on Fite).

Also love the fact we were dreading the Inner Circle and MJF segments and they both delivered and didn’t disappoint in my book. Jericho gets his fair share of shit the last couple of months for whatever reason, but the man is a professional and knows what connects with the crowd.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Jimbo_Tsuruta said:

Lee is closer to Vader/Bam Bam/Blackwell than Henry for me, without the snarl of Vader. I hope Lee and Hobbs pair up. Looking at cagematch, Hobbs hasn't won on the main shows since last September (feel free to correct me on that) so it'd be good to see him throwing guys around while Lee does his thing and notching wins in a team. 

Exactly!  Bam Bam and Vader were the far more apt comparisons I was thinking of, too! 

19 hours ago, J.T. said:

This is why I love being here. My knowledge is always expanding thanks to you lot. Kudos

Edit - Deeper dive has shown me that Fred Beell was 5'6". And people say the wrestlers are too short/small now a days ?

Edited by Krone Meltzer
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, Krone Meltzer said:

This is why I love being here. My knowledge is always expanding thanks to you lot. Kudos

Edit - Deeper dive has shown me that Fred Beell was 5'6". And people say the wrestlers are too short/small now a days ?

I'm 5'7" ... that's why I wanna see Quiet Storm destroy everyone and everything. It just makes sense to me.

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, L_W_P said:

I haven't read the whole thread yet but I loved the line from commentary about Matt Hardy's exit being "eccentric behaviour". Hardy Boyz v Private Party at Revolution?

Seems highly unlikely because of Jeff Hardy's WWE exit date.

20 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

They named the titles after the actual networks and to promote the Dynamite move to TBS. Not my fault.

And WWE named a title after the United States but routinely defends it outside of the United States. Exact same thing. It's a name. Not a limiting weight class or specified designation for title defenses. It's just a name.

If it was a Cruiserweight Title and 500 pound guys got titles shots, you'd have a point. This is just an arbitrary name that has no limiting factors or weight class tied to it. Same as TV Champ, US Champ, European Champ, ect. Just a name.