DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 2/9/22

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

At this point, I'm not expecting the Briscoes to show up in AEW. I would probably expect them to do a match against FTR in GCW or something.

Maybe Briscoes can just buy tickets and sit there like Raven, Al Snow...it would please so many people.

what kinda snacks do they sell at AEW shows?

Where does the name Biel throw come from? I've only ever heard it referenced as a Bradley Beal by Excalibur and I wondered how the hell he would even know who that is - as he doesn't strike me as a basketball fan... and it's not like Brad Beal is a huge household name. When can we expect the Tayshaun Prince?

2 hours ago, Krone Meltzer said:

I remember a time where - no bullshit - Sheamus was so pale it would hurt my eyes to watch him on TV. The lighting made him look like an anime character with how brightly he glowed.

As an Irishman, I gave Sheamus a pass but it's now almost part of the gimmick. Like he would get a sun burn in 2 minutes in the Florida summer sun. 

Matt Jackson looking he just walked out a tanning salon made it worse for Cole last night. 

2 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

At least they got the networks right this time. 

Can the US Title only be defended in the US?

Was the European Title only defended in Europe?

Can the IC Title only be defended outside of North America?
(Intercontinental means between continents, while Intraconteninental would be only inside of one continent).

The answer to all three is no. And the same logical answer applies to if the TBS Title has to be defended on TBS / TNT Title on TNT.

Weird hangup lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

wrestling needs more moves named after basketball players. Like nobody wants to get hit with the Vlade Divac

The original WOW had a character named Slam Dunk but I don't remember if she had any basketball themed moves.

20 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

(Intercontinental means between continents, while Intraconteninental would be only inside of one continent).

The answer to all three is no. And the same logical answer applies to if the TBS Title has to be defended on TBS / TNT Title on TNT.

Weird hangup lol.

Wait till I point you to examples of a TV title being defended... at house shows!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

54 minutes ago, Krone Meltzer said:

Where does the name Biel throw come from? I've only ever heard it referenced as a Bradley Beal by Excalibur and I wondered how the hell he would even know who that is - as he doesn't strike me as a basketball fan...

Excalibur is a gigantically huge Lakers fan IIRC. A dedicated basketball nerd, pretty sure it came up a lot on PWG commentary w/ Chris Hero and Chuck Taylor.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

In a perfect world, yes.

33 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Exactly. The IC champion is only the champion of the spaces between continents. Like small islands and the high seas.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, ExcellenceofAirPollution said:

a submission called the Mookie Blaylock sounds like something Chris Hero would have in his bag of tricks

Well, Pearl Jam's name was originally Mookie Blaylock and they did release an album called Ten so there's a Shawn Spears connection there and I've already put way too damn much thought into this. I'm sorry.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3