DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 2/9/22

21 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Best Friends have been in two of the better Dynamite matches to date between the parking lot brawl and the arcade anarchy gimmick matches. The latter I feel like goes under the radar. To me, it was Miro's true coming out party in AEW. It took three men to even knock him down basically. 

I was not watching AEW yet but the end to the Arcade match might be the best faces triumph ending to a wrestling show since Foley won the title. It included:

* Miro going beast mode

* Strat seemingly hiding for months in an arcade game and making her dramatic return

* SUE!

* Best Friends celebrating as “Where Is My Mind” plays 

* Most importantly, Tony Schiavonne screaming for is to stay tuned for “The Accountant!”

• Like 2

Re: Jade. Don't compare her to Chyna. Chyna was basically the final boss of Moolah Wrestling. If you want to compare someone to Chyna, there's a female bodyguard in the promotion already. Compare her to Luger or whatever instead. Total Package (Though that's Megan Bayne but that's beside the point).

That was maybe the most effortless Gotch Lift I've ever seen I think and I wonder if it's because she's so strong or because AQA helped her or because guys like Backlund were faces doing it so they knew to milk it and sell the effort and get three minutes out of a twenty minute match from it.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Matt D said:

What did you guys get at the close of the night to send everyone home happy? Khan and...? Did he send Hook?

Tony brought out Adam Cole to send everyone home happy with some more Bay Bays.

In a way it was Cole’s night more than MJF’s since Archer/Page was clearly just setting up Cole to be able to climb over the top rope for once.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

I was not watching AEW yet but the end to the Arcade match might be the best faces triumph ending to a wrestling show since Foley won the title. It included:

* Miro going beast mode

* Strat seemingly hiding for months in an arcade game and making her dramatic return

* SUE!

* Best Friends celebrating as “Where Is My Mind” plays 

* Most importantly, Tony Schiavonne screaming for is to stay tuned for “The Accountant!”

If you can find it, I really recommend checking out the parking lot brawl between Santana and Ortiz and the Best Friends. It was during the pandemic tapings and they did it all in one take with no reshoots. Amazing match, one of the best true street fights ever, and one of the best finishes ever.

I said it before, but the Best Friends faction are the total heart and soul of AEW. I hope that Chuck and Trent get a run with the tag titles at some point, or, at the very least, they finally introduce trios titles and give Chuck, Trent, and OC a run with those.

• Like 9

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta

Tag match was a cracker, when are the chicken farmers turning up? Main was madness, I'd like to think Dory Sr was looking down nodding in approval. Hope someone will summon a tonne of Amarillo footage out of the ether. A boy can dream eh?

1 hour ago, chriskbrown50 said:

Adam Cole is so pale he almost translucent at this point. 

I remember a time where - no bullshit - Sheamus was so pale it would hurt my eyes to watch him on TV. The lighting made him look like an anime character with how brightly he glowed.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Peck said:

Well, Bob Cook was a respected enhancement talent in NWA/WCW late 80s-early 90s. Not sure if that's the same Bob Cook.

Same guy, yeah. He's basically leeching off Cornette's disgruntled IN MY DAY! heat.

Wow, this was something else!

MJF is such a wet bag of dicks! Thanking Spears instead of Wardlow! The fuck outta here!

Santana looking at the camera all like "Can you believe this fucking guy?" at Jericho's threat to fire them. What the fuck you think they came there for, Chris?

The tag match! Holy shit!

The main event! Fuck yeah! Taking out the top rope to take away The Buckshot! Brilliant! Didn't work in the end though! Fuck, Archer, I think you should have let Jake DDT Hangman after all, huh?

Keith Lee AND Jay White? Not bad for one night.

Adam Cole as the new top contender? Well, I'm sure the match will be really good, but no way can you be thinking of putting the belt on him right now? You saw that it would literally crush him if you did!

Martinez vs Rosa no DQ coming up? Ok, I might be persuaded.

Deeb's 5 minute challenge took a minute and she was stalling to make it even that long. You'd think she'd be in line for a title shot at some point, no?

Revolution should shape up quite nicely, once they get around to actually announcing some stuff officially.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

FLNmyhwWYAIRLwa?format=jpg&name=small

Isn’t that Bill Alfonso’s pose, from when he was doing the “half RVD thumb/ half Sabu roof point” gimmick?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Pete said:

This is certainly a take, yes it is.

Screenshot_20220210-074103_Facebook~(1).jpg

My dude literally worked shows with Dusty Rhodes and I'm positive many other dudes of size on the card who, aside from a fondness of bad food, also had many other unhealthy proclivities.

I know every old carny capes for Vince because "hey, you never know when New York might call" but holy shit, I'll put on my Kreskin hat right now and predict Nick Khan doesn't know who Bob Cook is and wouldn't piss on him if he were on fire much less hire him for something.

• Like 3

People keep mentioning the sign guy last night, but did anyone else notice the black guy (you can see him in the above picture by Lee's knee) who just looked utterly despondent and lost throughout the show like his buddies dragged him to a wrestling show but he had no idea what wrestling even is.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Swift said:

People keep mentioning the sign guy last night, but did anyone else notice the black guy (you can see him in the above picture by Lee's knee) who just looked utterly despondent and lost throughout the show like his buddies dragged him to a wrestling show but he had no idea what wrestling even is.

I didn’t notice but sounds just like the two times I dragged my wife to a wrestling show. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, matt925 said:

I didn’t notice but sounds just like the two times I dragged my wife to a wrestling show. 

Oh man.  We took a friend and his wife to a ROH TV taping years ago.  Neither were fans of wrestling but he was the kind of guy that was really open to new stuff and could have fun no matter what.  His wife, not so much.  Eddie Edwards and board favorite Davey Richards tore the house down but that didn't stop her from being just glum as fuck.  She wanted to leave and we all wanted to stay, so we stayed.  We drove home in silence and I'm positive pro wrestling caused marriage issues that night.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Swift said:

Isn't that the spot where they've been having Kip Sabian and his boxhead sit for the Dark and Elevation tapings? Maybe he's just an arena employee who would rather be home?

• Haha 1