DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 2/9/22

2 hours ago, The Natural said:

This is what I said in last week's AEW Dynamite thread:

I'd much rather see Adam Page vs. MJF for the AEW World Championship at Revolution 2022 than Adam Page vs. Adam Cole there as Cole has never done anything for me. Then again, you can't have Page losing after beating Kenny Omega/Bryan Danielson and MJF beating Punk twice plus I want to see MJF/Punk II. Do we save that for when MJF is champ so we get Punk/Wardlow II at Revolution 2022 instead? It's cool how we can speculate on booking!

I'll take a town hall meeting over your opinion, PAL! 

Really interesting that only one full match is announced, with another announced with a mystery person.

Moreover, I don't think a Death Match necessarily lends itself to being overly long, at least not one with no real program like with Archer. If it was a feud blowoff, maybe?

And a ladder match with Kassidy shouldn't exactly be going 25 minutes either, especially if it's about shining up a new star.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

What we’ll get: Keith Lee in the qualifying match and a TK announcement about NJPW interrupted by Jay White or Ospreay

What I want: Cody or Jericho sent on a 3 month excursion to WWE to work a Mania program and in return AEW gets Ricochet or Cesaro through DoN

Oh shit. Ricochet is still in WWE? For some reason I thought he was released. I haven't seen his name come up in any results or anything similar in forever. I take it he's currently in Main Event purgatory?

19 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Oh shit. Ricochet is still in WWE? For some reason I thought he was released. I haven't seen his name come up in any results or anything similar in forever. I take it he's currently in Main Event purgatory?

He's on Smackdown teaming with Cesaro vs Sheamus and Ridge Holland.

33 minutes ago, Matt D said:

And a ladder match with Kassidy shouldn't exactly be going 25 minutes either, especially if it's about shining up a new star.

You're making the same mistake I did. They've been promoting the heck out of this all week, and I only just realized yesterday that it's not a ladder match, but a qualifying match for the eventual ladder match at Revolution

• Like 2

In TNA it would have been a series of qualifying ladder matches for the eventual ROH-style Pure Wrestling rules match. Ends with a guitar shot anyway.

Edited by Ryan
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

You know who would really "knock down" a Forbidden Door if they showed up? Jordynne Grace. I just watched her match with Matt Cardona from Impact this past week and it was a really good match. I know TK has said in the past he's not a fan of the intergender matches, but you want to talk about breaking down a door? Let Jordynne Grace get a run facing some really good male talent on National TV. 

• Like 1

It’s surreal here. We had to walk ten blocks down the boardwalk to reach the back of the line and we can’t even see Boardwalk Hall any longer.  And I brought cans for their food drive so now I’m lugging them around. 

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, (BP) said:

It’s surreal here. We had to walk ten blocks down the boardwalk to reach the back of the line and we can’t even see Boardwalk Hall any longer.  And I brought cans for their food drive so now I’m lugging them around. 

Hope you're not waiting too long. Have a fun at the show! ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Krone Meltzer said:

You know who would really "knock down" a Forbidden Door if they showed up? Jordynne Grace. I just watched her match with Matt Cardona from Impact this past week and it was a really good match. I know TK has said in the past he's not a fan of the intergender matches, but you want to talk about breaking down a door? Let Jordynne Grace get a run facing some really good male talent on National TV. 

I feel like we've been deprived of a Jordynne Grace vs. Chihiro Hashimoto match that would automatically cause JR's heart to explode into a thousands pieces. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I feel like we've been deprived of a Jordynne Grace vs. Chihiro Hashimoto match that would automatically cause JR's heart to explode into a thousands pieces. 

You know they did have a match, in Japan. Check the Youtubes.

That 5 Minute Challenge is the best idea. Let her murder a couple gals and have someone come in for the fluke win. Say... Rok-C, maybe?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

You know they did have a match, in Japan. Check the Youtubes.

That 5 Minute Challenge is the best idea. Let her murder a couple gals and have someone come in for the fluke win. Say... Rok-C, maybe?

Rok-C is most likely WWE bound.

Edited by Casey
  • Sad 2