DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 2/9/22

AEW WORLD TITLE TEXAS DEATHMATCH: “Hangman” Adam Page(c) vs. “The MurderHawk Monster” Lance Archer

So, this is pretty close to a foregone conclusion, right? Almost no way MurderHawk wins this one. But, I'd be willing to bet that they get us to buy into at least one close near-fall anyway. I've been an Archer fan since he came to my home town during the 2019 New Japan Cup and threw Will Ospreay all over the arena. It was one of the best matches I've ever seen live and in person. I think Page will be every bit as amazing bumping and selling for the big man, and making a fired-up believable comeback. I am very stoked for this match.

MJF SPEAKS

When MJF speaks, Wardlow listens. So does Gordlow. I'm interested to see how he heels it up about having beaten Punk, and curious to find out where the awesomely hateful little a-hole is headed next. 

FACE OF THE REVOLUTION QUALIFYING MATCH: Isiah Kassidy vs. ???

Whoever ??? turns out to be, you can't say that AEW didn't get us all thinking and talking about it. I'm looking forward to the aftermath on here almost as much as I'm looking forward to the reveal.

INNER CIRCLE TEAM MEETING

Speaking of "the aftermath on here" I know it won't be but I totally want this to be another musical comedy extravaganza along the lines of "Me and My Shadow" just to read all the takes people would have on that.

Edited by Gordlow
  • Like 2

Do they have the world title match to open the show and try to keep people on the hook for the surprise at the end of the night? Or start off with the surprise and have Archer/Hangman main event? Will be interesting to see how they structure the show and if it is influenced by viewing habits/ratings.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Do they have the world title match to open the show and try to keep people on the hook for the surprise at the end of the night? Or start off with the surprise and have Archer/Hangman main event? Will be interesting to see how they structure the show and if it is influenced by viewing habits/ratings.

I think the title match opens the show unless the signing in question is someone they feel has enough star power to retain some of the Big Bang Theory lead-in audience, which is really I'd say maybe three or four people available, and of those, only one is truly realistic.

• Like 2

Re: Inner circle townhall

Im with @Technico Support.  My wish for this would be Sammy walks away right off the top or doesn’t show up.  And Santana and Ortiz murder Jericho and Hager sending both home for a long while.  Let’s keep it to about 5 minutes.  Upon return, let’s say six months, LAX definitively destroy Jerichager again.  Jericho sits out another year and quietly retires.  Dreams can come true, they can happen to you...

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 6

17 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

I have severe PTSD from that time where the Inner Circle seemingly had some branded promo every week (team meeting, parley, war council, fuckfest) and simply cannot deal with this shit anymore.  I know they won't split up tonight but a boy can dream.

Biweekly town halls were a part of Jericho's contract.

I really do hope they split tonight. Jericho is so much better as a heel, as is Sammy despite being such a flashy babyface in the ring. They all are, really. Whatever happens, I just need Santana and Ortiz to cut the cord and float on. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Biweekly town halls were a part of Jericho's contract.

I really do hope they split tonight. Jericho is so much better as a heel, as is Sammy despite being such a flashy babyface in the ring. They all are, really. Whatever happens, I just need Santana and Ortiz to cut the cord and float on. 

My totally baseless prediction is that PnP will dethrone JX, and rekindle their FTR feud later in the year. In between, we'll hopefully get some great PnP/Kingston vs Christian/JX six mans before Christian turns.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

I have severe PTSD from that time where the Inner Circle seemingly had some branded promo every week (team meeting, parley, war council, fuckfest) and simply cannot deal with this shit anymore.  I know they won't split up tonight but a boy can dream.

Maybe if we're lucky, Jericho will come up with some "funny" names for Santana and Ortiz based on the shapes of their heads.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

They’re also advertising that Tony Khan has a “huge announcement”. It’s a separate thing from the mystery opponent for Isaiah Kassidy.

EDIT: TK on Busted Open a few minutes ago said there will be “multiple announcements” tonight.

Edited by Casey
  • Like 4

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta

As much as I wish they'd just start off with a regular bout and build to a TDM somewhere down the line, I've got high hopes for the world title match. If only Terry Funk were well enough to see it in person like they had Dory Jr sitting in the crowd a while back.

11 minutes ago, Jimbo_Tsuruta said:

As much as I wish they'd just start off with a regular bout and build to a TDM somewhere down the line, I've got high hopes for the world title match. If only Terry Funk were well enough to see it in person like they had Dory Jr sitting in the crowd a while back.

If only Terry Funk were well enough to jump Hangman after he wins and have a quick feud with him.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I'm hoping they open the show with the World title match and have a competitive affair with Lance Archer going over as champion. 

Not for any great reason, though. I just want to hear a dismal Tony Schivaoni shake his head and say how the darkest day in AEW history has come upon us (every time that the topic rears its ugly head he should say those exact words). And then, Jim Ross can tell us the grim realities of what happens when a Murderhawk Monster takes the reigns. He would probably just refer to Archer as "one big boy, one mean boy" though...

This is what I said in last week's AEW Dynamite thread:

I'd much rather see Adam Page vs. MJF for the AEW World Championship at Revolution 2022 than Adam Page vs. Adam Cole there as Cole has never done anything for me. Then again, you can't have Page losing after beating Kenny Omega/Bryan Danielson and MJF beating Punk twice plus I want to see MJF/Punk II. Do we save that for when MJF is champ so we get Punk/Wardlow II at Revolution 2022 instead? It's cool how we can speculate on booking!

6 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

What I want: Cody or Jericho sent on a 3 month excursion to WWE to work a Mania program and in return AEW gets Ricochet or Cesaro through DoN

This, but change the or to and, and and "3 month" to "indefinite."  Jericho does nothing for me except the brief funny line on commentary, and everything Cody does outside of his occasionally excellent actual babyface work is insufferable.

Hope they announce something else during the day that's exciting, maybe a Jungle Boy or Christian vs Ass Kid match. Or something with Deeb or Thunder Rosa. Or Punk promptly interrupts Max -- like, backstage-promo-interruption prompt.  On paper, this is nothing for me. And a Jericho promo segment, which is worse than nothing. 

Been keeping expectations low for the surprise for obvious reasons. Hope it's someone I like.

Edited by John from Cincinnati