DVDVR Message Board

The Ringer Matches of the Week

WHOA! Schneider on dog collar matches!

The Best Dog Collar Matches in Pro Wrestling History - The Ringer

EDIT: What runs through the minds of all of us vampire wrestling fans: "It was gruesome stuff and the kind of match that makes you question what it says about you as a person that you like this kind of entertainment."

• Like 1

Surprised he went with Bron/Crews over either Iron Survivor matches or Pretty Deadly v. New Day. Thought Bron/Crews was the least of the Deadline matches with me liking more the idea behind the match than the execution. Bron's stuff with the UK guys the past few months was so much better. 

• Like 1

Nice variety of stuff. I rate Becky/Bianca and Briscoes/FTR I around the same level and neither would probably make my top 20. Just couldn't get into Villano/Pentagon the ways others did. Glad to see the Imperium/Brutes Brawl make it in. That was fantastic. A part of me liked it even more than Sheamus/GUNTHER though the latter is still the better match.

On 12/28/2022 at 3:36 PM, Phil Schneider said:

I posted my big MOTY List on the Ringer!

https://www.theringer.com/2022/12/28/23529263/best-pro-wrestling-matches-2022

What do I have too low, too high?

Great list.. some i haven't seen so thank you for that.  i would have had imperium vs. brutes higher.   i think anarchy in the arena at #1 might be too high for my personal tastes but i do remember it being one of the more unique matches i've seen in a while for how it was shot.  Tremendous fun and a real sense of all out war..  it was shot more like the malice at the palace than a regular street fight where on second and third watch you're still catching things. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...