DVDVR Message Board

The Ringer Matches of the Week

7 minutes ago, JLowe said:

I saw the Riddle-Reigns match and thought it was good for the WWE main event style, albeit incredibly hard to watch because of the WWE production style.

Be careful. Phil can write off new glasses as a work expense if he strains his eyes with all the quick cuts. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Wow, I did not realize how many belts AEW had running around until I read that first paragraph of Dax/Ospreay. Feels weird that they have around as many as WWE when WWE has that many between 3-4 brands.

20 minutes ago, Phil Schneider said:

I usually wait until @DEANposts so it doesn't seem so shilly, but here is this weeks article

https://www.theringer.com/2022/6/27/23184960/will-ospreay-orange-cassidy-aew-njpw-forbidden-door-best-matches

Well, you finally posted it!  YES! THE Orange Cassidy/Will Ospreay match WINS!

Unbelievably, Schneider writes a lot about Blood and Guts!

https://www.theringer.com/2022/7/5/23195519/street-profits-usos-wwe-money-in-the-bank-aew-blood-and-guts-best-matches

I love Schneider: "At one point, Menard got hung by his feet out of the cage and it looked like a butchered corpse hanging in the barn of a family of cannibals."

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Phil Schneider said:

I usually enjoy Kingston Road stuff, he can sell so well that he can normally make the overkill work, this was a bridge to far for me though. *whispers* I think Takeshita might suck?* whisper off*

OH NO! Segunda Caida turns on Cinnabon!

• Like 1

Can I just say how relieved I am to here y'all say that re: Kingston/Soup? Don't get me wrong, I love me some Eddie and I think Takeshita is a legit prospect who could be something if he puts it all together (but who mostly ain't there yet) but while I thought their match was okayish I sorta walked away going "Kingston's matches usually are put together better than that" and all the loud praise from various corners had me asking if I was just nuts.

That match is great.  I wish they would have just kept it as an ode to Ikeda/Ishkawa instead of the foray into weapons.

• Like 1

Schneider: "Funk is a master at punch-drunk selling, and nothing can trigger punch drunkenness like being blown up."

EDIT:  I was thinking that he forgot the Sheepherders vs the Fantastics, but their great match was just a bloodbath not the barbed wire match.

• Like 1

Yeah I had the barbedwire cage match on my initial list, but on a rewatch it was pretty mediocre, their really great match was part of the Houston footage and just a regular brawl.  I swapped it out for Raven vs. Sandman and I am happy with my decision. 

• Like 2

Oh man, I forgot how great Dick Murdoch's punches were.  My favorite thing is the chalk board saying, "You're winning!"

• Like 2