DVDVR Message Board

The Ringer Matches of the Week

Unrelated as we hadn't discussed it, but I couldn't figure out how to watch the Mox/Lawlor match today or yesterday either past the JIP version with blood already all over the place on youtube. I get the sense that most people who saw it saw it streaming while it was happening maybe? Or maybe we're all just over 40 and it's amazing we do as well as we do.

• Like 1

Yup same issue, they aired it live, but I haven't found a watchable version. I can't imagine I wouldn't have gone with LA Park vs. V4 anyway, but I couldn't find Lawlor vs. Mox to give it a shot. I think it is supposed to show up on Pluto.TV on demand at some point

• Like 1

I found Triplemania and watched Park/IV. It was kind of a surprising match in its own way as IV took so much of it whereas Park is usually a steamroller in these things. They flubbed and had to redo the finish but that's my only complaint. IV probably lost memories from his childhood on those two chairshots and the headbutts. 

This also made me look at Cubs' blog to see the results and only the other apuestas had any real interest to me but he said it was mostly Dinamitas BS? (Sorry but Vikingo or no Vikingo there is already enough Bucks on my TV)

The romance between Schneider and Darby Allin REBLOOMS!

https://www.theringer.com/2022/5/16/23074834/darby-allin-jeff-hardy-ilja-dragunov-jordan-devlin-timothy-thatcher-kevin-blackwood-best-matches

EDIT:  Quote of the year so far " It started with the knob turned up to 10 and pretty much stayed there, with Darby sending Jeff to the floor and drilling him with a tope between the first and second rope. Too many American wrestling topes look like trust falls, or running hugs, but Darby’s tope is in the true spirit of lucha legends like El Hijo del Santo and Ciclón Ramirez, and hits like a shopping cart careening down a hill."

• Like 5

Considering NXT UK already had a match make the list, A Kid v Charlie Dempsey has to be in with a shout this week. 
Regal junior should be in the Blackpool Combat Club though. There’s a ceiling to tekkers in WWE, and he’s almost reached it already.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AxB said:

Considering NXT UK already had a match make the list, A Kid v Charlie Dempsey has to be in with a shout this week. 
Regal junior should be in the Blackpool Combat Club though. There’s a ceiling to tekkers in WWE, and he’s almost reached it already.

I just watched this match as well and it was a great technical match. Also I agree Dempsey needs to leave WWE as soon as he can. He would have great matches against Danielson, Moxley, Yuta, Daniel Garcia etc.

I would also recommend you watch Dempsey Vs Tyler Bate which was another good match.

5 minutes ago, DEAN said:

NO WAY!  Schneider liked the Lucha Bros vs Young Bucks match!  It's a MIRACLE!

https://www.theringer.com/2022/6/6/23156275/cody-rhodes-seth-rollins-hell-in-a-cell-young-bucks-lucha-bros-best-matches

"This match was the equivalent of drinking a Slurpee too fast or doing a whippet—it was all a wild headrush that makes you feel bad and good at the same time."

I thought I was going to get to be lazy and not write up Moxley vs Garcia, but Eric and I probably have to do that now.

• Like 2