DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 2/7 - 2/13/2022

Dolfan in NYC

FWIW they actually stuck to the proper logistics of the wildcard rule much longer than anyone would assume they would. I think they finally just went "to hell with it" within the past year sometime but on the Raw side at least they did seem to only bust it out the the every three or so months they said they would which was legit surprising. The funny part is that no one actually cared and they could have just done it whenever they wanted.

What is this I hear about piped-in crowd noise? Shit I was impressed with how much fire and intensity Creeds showed as faces! And how over they were doing it! Fuck! I feel betrayed!

Wendy Choo's wrestling and the whole presentation is hilarious. Stupid, but really hilarious.

Dolph is NXT, my prayers have been answered! ...No, wait. The exact opposite of my prayers have, for some reason, been answered. The maledictions of people who have something against me must have been answered!

Look, if he for some reason started looking and wrestling like 2009 peak Ziggler, I'd have zero problems with it, but the odds of that are pretty much negative. I mean when Tyler Breeze first came back, he started doing reverse ranas after doing 3 minute comedy matches for a couple of years before that. So there IS a chance, but c'mon!

Women's Dusty Cup starts in a couple of weeks and the finals look to be Raquel Gonzalez& Cora Jade vs Io & KLR.

Creeds vs MSK should be hell of a match!

Dunne wanted weapons in a cage so that Tony would stand a chance in their match. Very considerate of him.

Don't you dare tell me that L.A. Knight's pops are piped-in as well?

Ok, what the hell is Hudson doing? Pissing off Lumis by going after Indi romantically? I mean it's all head games, but last time you lost your hair, and if you are not careful you're about to lose something much worse!

Bron had a lapdance before the show, but couldn't say that out loud when Ziggler was roasting him about the glitter on his face. Santos vs Bron should be a good match, but we are waiting for The Man They Call Gunther Now.

27 minutes ago, Shartnado said:

What is this I hear about piped-in crowd noise? Shit I was impressed with how much fire and intensity Creeds showed as faces! And how over they were doing it! Fuck! I feel betrayed!

You can tell when they pipe in crowd noise for NXT because they use the noise from regular sized arenas. You can hear the Creeds actually being over with the NXT audience to a degree. The piped in shit just got in the way.

Lineup tonight:

Both Goldberg and Ronda will appear.

Nattie vs Aliyah in a Dungeon-Style match.

Charlotte (c) vs Naomi for the Smackdown's Womens title.

Next week's SD will be taped tonight, because of the upcoming Saudi Show.

13 hours ago, username said:

FWIW they actually stuck to the proper logistics of the wildcard rule much longer than anyone would assume they would. I think they finally just went "to hell with it" within the past year sometime but on the Raw side at least they did seem to only bust it out the the every three or so months they said they would which was legit surprising. The funny part is that no one actually cared and they could have just done it whenever they wanted.

No they didn't. The rule was 3 people a night. The first week had 4 on Raw from Smackdown. They gave a BS reason why that 4th guy shouldn't count. But they did whatever they wanted. The rule wasn't a rule. Maybe after that first week they stuck to the rule better. But they broke their own rule within hours of instating it.

And the reason why is Vince. He wants what he wants. And he doesn't want to have to take that extra 20mins or hour of thinking / hashing out an idea to work within the framework of rules. He wants what he wants and they clean it up later.

1 minute ago, For Great Justice said:

Charlotte / Naomi was an absolute banger, damn. Best WWE womens match in a long-ass time.

Yeah, that was fucking awesome.  Naomi is all about that babyface fire.  Charlotte was definitely channelling Ric Flair in that match.  Natalya match was good.  Los Lotharios are the Latin Gunn Clubb,  So good.

• Like 6

Los Lotharios vs. New Day was slightly less good than last week's match but still worthwhile.

Nattie/Aliyah was short but solid. Hopefully Nattie/Xia is something worth catching when it finally goes down.

Naomi/Charlotte was great and easily the best match Naomi has had in her career. 

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

No they didn't. The rule was 3 people a night. The first week had 4 on Raw from Smackdown. They gave a BS reason why that 4th guy shouldn't count. But they did whatever they wanted. The rule wasn't a rule. Maybe after that first week they stuck to the rule better. But they broke their own rule within hours of instating it.

And the reason why is Vince. He wants what he wants. And he doesn't want to have to take that extra 20mins or hour of thinking / hashing out an idea to work within the framework of rules. He wants what he wants and they clean it up later.

Yeah the first week had that odd "well I guess there can be 4 this time because" which was silly, but after that they generally stuck to it remarkably well. Shocked the hell out of me but they actually did so, so... kudos I guess?

Naomi/Charlotte was really good. Despite the outcome being a foregone conclusion (I mean, they are committed to Charlotte/Ronda at Mania after all), I was still drawn in. Definitely one of the best solo matches that Naomi has had. As hard as she is on herself and how hard she works, I know she had to be super proud.

Nattie/Aliyah was short but good stuff as well. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, username said:

Yeah the first week had that odd "well I guess there can be 4 this time because" which was silly, but after that they generally stuck to it remarkably well. Shocked the hell out of me but they actually did so, so... kudos I guess?

I have Alvarez in my head saying you're completely wrong about that, but it's not like I'm going to actually try to verify that lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

We suffered through years and years of awful AWFUL Alexa Bliss matches while people claimed Naomi wasn't good enough and again she proved everyone wrong. I can't stand Vince or Bruce. 

As much as this Sonya storyline has seemed to go on forever, it has really revitalized Naomi and cemented her as a top baby face on Smackdown. If I had faith in this company, I would think this would lead to another run for her. 

• Like 3

Man alive Cole's motormouth style of commentary these days is painful. Guy just runs through words at a 100mph constantly, almost like they are afraid of a second of silence. It's particularly grating during these big matches where he just smothers all the nearfalls with his forced shock and loud yelling. You got to let some of the big moments breathe my man.

3 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

We suffered through years and years of awful AWFUL Alexa Bliss matches while people claimed Naomi wasn't good enough and again she proved everyone wrong. I can't stand Vince or Bruce. 

Charlotte and Naomi were ready to do this 5 years ago when they were both on Smackdown and little came out of it because, reasons(?). I always suspected Vince just had a general distrust of damn near anyone who came up during the Diva era at that point sans Nattie and maybe Nikki Bella. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

Charlotte and Naomi were ready to do this 5 years ago when they were both on Smackdown and little came out of it because, reasons(?). I always suspected Vince just had a general distrust of damn near anyone who came up during the Diva era at that point sans Nattie and maybe Nikki Bella. 

This reminds me that I believe Naomi is the last of the "non-wrestler background" women that came up under the old Diva system. Wonder what her trajectory would have been if she had come up in NXT like Alexa or Dana Brooke. 

1 hour ago, Jamal said:

This reminds me that I believe Naomi is the last of the "non-wrestler background" women that came up under the old Diva system. Wonder what her trajectory would have been if she had come up in NXT like Alexa or Dana Brooke. 

Feels safe to say it would have been wildly different. Its mostly a question of would she have gotten time to grow and impress in NXT like the Horsewomen, Rhea, & Bianca or would she have been rushed to the main roster like Alexa, Carmella, Dana, Nia, etc? I think she would have seen probably more in ring success in either case. Not sure about title success on the other hand.