DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 2/7 - 2/13/2022

Dolfan in NYC

Reportedly Roman vs Brock for both of the top titles is the plan for one night of WM. I do get the feeling they could unify the Uni and WWE title someday in the future but the Universal title overrides the WWE title. It's Vince's title > over his dads title. Anyway at least the lineage of the WWE title would be absorbed and carried on in the Universal title.

I don't believe they've fully made up their mind on whether or not they want to do unification for Roman vs Brock but why even do champion vs Champion if you aren't doing unification. They had Brock win the Rumble so why in kayfabe would a Rumble winner want to be in an Elimination Chamber Match instead of just cashing in against either top Champ at Mania?

You have to Nights but you insist on having the two top Male titles up in the same match? It's not like Brock vs Roman is a first time WrestleMania encounter 

3 hours ago, Ziggy said:

I don't believe they've fully made up their mind on whether or not they want to do unification for Roman vs Brock but why even do champion vs Champion if you aren't doing unification. They had Brock win the Rumble so why in kayfabe would a Rumble winner want to be in an Elimination Chamber Match instead of just cashing in against either top Champ at Mania?

You have to Nights but you insist on having the two top Male titles up in the same match? It's not like Brock vs Roman is a first time WrestleMania encounter 

It'll just be winner takes all like the Becky Charlotte Ronda three way was. I talk about unifying the titles a lot. But it doesn't seem like they are interested in that at all.

I think your last sentence answers the 'why'. Mania 31 & 34 were main evented by Roman vs Brock. It's not anything new or special. But if both titles are on the line that's at least new twist.

If they look to unify on night one would that mean a title defence on night two?

Or would night two be the Rousey/Flair match?

Doesn't make sense to have a single top level male title and then two female titles. Unless they go for a "Women's World" and "Women's IC/US" set up?

RAW - US, WUS, Raw Tag 

SDL - IC, WIC, SDL Tag 

Both - Universal, W.Universal, Universal Tag, W.Universal Tag.

Gives them a couple more crutches to lean on for stories given they can't write motivation for shit if there's no title involved.

Street Profits/AA solid. The quiz bowl before it felt too long though not terrible. I do enjoy Gable taking crowds tot ask for booing education

The MVP/Lashley segment had some nice moments but ran kind of long.

Bianca/Nikki was solid.

Lita/Becky was a decent segment.

Liv/Doudrop was good stuff, probably my favorite match from the night.

Maybe somebody here knows for sure: Is the WWE not running as many house shows as pre-pandemic? I'm guessing the answer is they are not. Seems to me like the notion of two very separate rosters is no longer necessary when you aren't necessarily running multiple towns across the country from each other on the same night.

I know USA and FOX both want to have the "dominant" roster, but really, having one major champion who appears both shows isn't that crazy. The travel would be tough, obviously, but when has that ever stopped Vince from making similar decisions? 

Theoretically, you've got multiple other championships, main event male stars beyond Roman and Brock (Rollins, Owens, McIntyre, Orton, Lashley), main event female stars beyond Charlotte, Becky, and Rousey (Sasha, Bayley, Alexa Bliss, Belair, but don't forget what Rhea Ripley and Shayna Baszler were supposed to be), and plenty of other uppercard folk that can be used to establish the next batch of main eventers, from AJ and Sheamus and Cesaro to Riddle and Omos and Priest. I mean, if you can't book 2 shows using those building blocks with a common cornerstone in Reigns/Rousey/Brock that would presumably appear on both shows regularly, well, you're just doing a bad job maximizing the potential of your roster.

Which is I guess what I'm saying here. The WWE has done a terrible job of maximizing the potential of its roster.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, L_W_P said:

If they look to unify on night one would that mean a title defence on night two?

Or would night two be the Rousey/Flair match?

Doesn't make sense to have a single top level male title and then two female titles. Unless they go for a "Women's World" and "Women's IC/US" set up?

RAW - US, WUS, Raw Tag 

SDL - IC, WIC, SDL Tag 

Both - Universal, W.Universal, Universal Tag, W.Universal Tag.

Gives them a couple more crutches to lean on for stories given they can't write motivation for shit if there's no title involved.

They literally did this same scenario at Mania three years ago. Roman will have two belts for a PPV or two, show up on both shows, then get have one title MITB'd away from him. Probably while in a defense someone joins and makes it a 3way and pins the other guy so as to not hurt the rub the first person will get from beating Reigns for a title.

I want things restructured to make more sense about as much as anyone. But it just isn't what Vince likes. He doesn't like structure or rules or logic. He just like being able to throw shit at a wall knowing someone else will clean up the mess once he gets his jollies.

3 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

I want things restructured to make more sense about as much as anyone. But it just isn't what Vince likes. He doesn't like structure or rules or logic. He just like being able to throw shit at a wall knowing someone else will clean up the mess once he gets his jollies.

I said it before,  the Networks, Fox and USA NETWORK care more about differentiating the Brands than Vince does and having separate Women's Champions and Having the Universal and World title exclusive to a given show is easier to make each show different. Fox wants Rousey on Smackdown exclusively right?

For years, the women's division has been a highlight for me in NXT. And while the women there now are perfectly fine (even the newer ones are decent enough although you can definitely see them feeling things out) and the matches are good, nothing is really exciting me. I can't explain it. 

Creed Brothers vs. GYV was good though the piped in crowd noise pissed me off. It was unnecessary and got in the way of the actual crowd who seemed to be in the match. Not sure why they felt the need for that unless they were that afraid people wouldn't react in a heels vs. heels match. Creed Bothers surprisingly worked well taking on the face role.

MSK vs. Blade/Enofi was solid. 

Wendy/Stratton was enjoyable while it lasted. Stratton is gradually getting better.

Dakota/Sarray was kind of rough though generally decent.

Skipped around the Bron/Legado segment. I have zero interest in Dolph in NXT.

Mandy/KLR was solid. Presumably that ending leads to a Io/KLR team.

1 hour ago, Jamal said:

For years, the women's division has been a highlight for me in NXT. And while the women there now are perfectly fine (even the newer ones are decent enough although you can definitely see them feeling things out) and the matches are good, nothing is really exciting me. I can't explain it. 

I'm enjoying it and find it to still be one of the best booked divisions in WWE in general. That said, I kind of get it. There is something I can't quite put my finger on that is missing.

• Like 1

I dug the Pete Dunne match.  Tiffany Stratton is progressing faster than Julia Hart.  I watched everything but the LA Knight match and it was all pretty good.

• Like 3

The Sarray transformation was new this week right? That was weird. Sanga losing isn't the end of the world (I mean Wardlow lost his big match to Cody in the cage) but you gotta have something planned for him next and knowing how the company is, they probably don't.

2 hours ago, Ramo2653 said:

The Sarray transformation was new this week right? That was weird. Sanga losing isn't the end of the world (I mean Wardlow lost his big match to Cody in the cage) but you gotta have something planned for him next and knowing how the company is, they probably don't.

The transformation was there her first match back. Presumably they won't go full magical school girl because they know its a terrible idea.

Is Sanga supposed to be a big deal? He came pretty randomly and felt like more a small distraction to draw out Knight/Waller than a big guy they are planning big things for.

• Like 1