DVDVR Message Board

Rampage - 2/4/22

1 hour ago, For Great Justice said:

My man TK's track record on these ain't great. Y'all can go light Twitter on fire with Keith Lee or whatever, but I'll be over here hoping for the Monty Brown comeback

Guessing it's Keith Lee or Johnny Gargano. There's always Shane o'Mac!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DEAN said:

Who is Okada going to wrestle?

Right answer. Kazuchika Okada is the wrestler I want to see the most in NJPW closely followed by Hiroshi Tanahashi then Tetsuya Naito, Shingo Takagi, Zack Sabre Jr, Kota Ibushi and Toru Yano.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

I want Okada hotshotted the AEW Championship by the end of the year, Okada/Omega V booked at the absolute biggest venue available drawing a bojillion dollar live gate (I would fly out for it), Tony trading the favor via offering Kenny vs. Champ Kota as the main for next year's Dome. I'd love to call it fantasy booking but as far as my dumb fanboy heart can tell, it's painfully feasible. Anything to make this happen should happen.

Edited by John E. Dynamite

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Right answer. Kazuchika Okada is the wrestler I want to see the most in NJPW closely followed by Hiroshi Tanahashi then Tetsuya Naito, Shingo Takagi, Zack Sabre Jr, Kota Ibushi and Toru Yano.

Let's say that in 2019 I maybe had a wild dream that Bryan Danielson, CM Punk, Eddie Kingston, FTR, and Miro would all become regulars in AEW, and we'd get one-offs from some of my absolute favourites like Minoru Suzuki, Jeff Cobb and Tomohiro Ishii, and even left-field extremely unlikely choices like Nick Gage and Lulu Pencil would show up...

Pretty wild dream, eh?

So hell yeah. Dream big. It really seems likely we'll get it, and more, at some point, from this company.

• Like 5

Good show,

Cole with a quick killing of Uno to set up his next phase which looks like it’s inevitably heading into a clash with a certain cowboy. I liked that he pointed out how one way or another he always ends on top of any promotion he’s in which is 100% true.

“Evil Uno, Excalibur, stands for Evil One… I don’t know if you knew that”

TNT title match was ok, I’m all for a soft Sammy/Darby alliance and then facing each other. They always go pretty crazy against each other.

Did Leyla hit Stat with a chair or a freaking shotgun? Holy shit at the sound of that.

Rosa looked great and kicked Mercedes’ ass for about 90% of that match. The rare DQ finish works and we know we’ll see them face again soon.

Main event was great, Starks is by far the most underused guy in the company IMO and he should be right there at the Darby/Sammy level. From the moment his awesome theme plays he just screams Superstar, please do more with him.  Jericho in particular seemed to praise him a lot during the match.

One thing that really stood out for me is how both guys were extremely slick and smooth with transitions and counters, everything looked perfect video game animation-like, culminating in that beautiful finish which they understandably replayed about 5 times right away. Great showing for both and I hope we get more Starks more often.

Edited by eikerir
  • Like 7

17 minutes ago, christopher.annino said:

Pretty sure he's trying to get us thinking that Ali is showing up but that's wild - although it would be jaw-dropping. 

Ooh, that would be an FU by Mustafa Ali. Sucks he isn't granted a release.

• Like 1

Oh yeah, kinda forgot how good Ricky Starks is.  And Lethal continues to prove himself to be an excellent signing.  It's fun seeing Isiah Kassidy continue to improve.  The early standout Quen needs to step it up now.  Sammy's on a run here.  Small thing, but I don't like the logic of Andrade getting a full entrance mid-match.  No music please.  I'd love it if the company stopped allowing just anybody to have multiple ppl at ringside for no reason.  Show me the manager's license passport!  Rosa-Mercedes looked nice and hard hitting before the unspectacular DQ.  DQ is fine here, but was hoping it might be a little more creative.  The story works tho.  A lot of the backstage stuff, including Britt/Co interrupting Mercedes, routinely feels rushed on this show.  Some of this gaga might work better clipped and as 'reports' from Schiavone, etc. of what happened earlier in the day or week.       

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, christopher.annino said:

Pretty sure he's trying to get us thinking that Ali is showing up but that's wild - although it would be jaw-dropping. 

Tony: Don't worry, when there’s a protracted legal battle I’ll foot all of your defense bills…

Spoiler

11234276-49-EC-4-DFD-858-F-33577-B20-C86

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Honestly I'd be most stoked for Shane. It should be Keith Lee. Don't really get putting a guy like Lee immediately into a ladder match though. If it is him and that is a thing, at least we'll see Keith Lee square up with Wardlow. 

Khan just kept tweeting last night. He tweets like Meltzer talks on his podcast. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Small thing, but I don't like the logic of Andrade getting a full entrance mid-match.  No music please.  I'd love it if the company stopped allowing just anybody to have multiple ppl at ringside for no reason.  Show me the manager's license passport!     

i agree that an entrance with music mid-match is stupid and should go away. HOWEVER, i feel like it works for Andrade to A) demand that his music play, and B) for him to not be concerned that a match is going on and that he will do what he wants, when he wants. 

awesome show tonight. three great matches (Cole vs Uno was fine too), with 6 competitors all looking great (Cole, Sammy, Rosa, Mercedes, Starks, and Lethal. no hate to Kassidy, he looked good too. Uno was just cannon fodder). That counter finish to Starks-Lethal was fucking superb. Didn't mind the DQ finish for Rosa-Mercedes, as it surprisingly came out of nowhere but still made total sense).

• Like 8

1 hour ago, christopher.annino said:

That second part definitely made me think that. And there were three guys in the front row in Chicago with Free Mustafa Ali shirts/signs.

• Like 2