DVDVR Message Board

February 2022 - Professional Wrestling Omnibus Discussion

On the ticket pricing, to make it as affordable as possible, can't they link the ticket to the person who bought it? So Mr. Smith+3 friends, and only they can sit there? Happens with gig tickets often, would seem to be fairer than pricing out the little guy. I know MONEY though right.

• Like 1

Secret 2000s WCW wrestlers are a real thing. I always space on Styles, Danielson, etc. There’s another tier of guys like 3 Count or Yung Dragons where I remember them on tv but it’s hard to believe those guys have been around that long. 

Edited by (BP)
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, (BP) said:

Secret 2000s WCW wrestlers are a real thing. I always space on Styles, Danielson, etc. There’s another tier of guys like 3 Count or Yung Dragons where I remember them on tv but it’s hard to believe those guys have been around that long. 

I remember Styles but not Danielson.

2 minutes ago, (BP) said:

Danielson was used as enhancement and he got hurt around the same time he signed a short term deal that ran out before he’d recovered.  

Bryan Danielson gets a short-term deal. Lanny Poffo gets a lifetime deal. What a world.

1 minute ago, Peck said:

Bryan Danielson gets a short-term deal. Lanny Poffo gets a lifetime deal. What a world.

Daniels! I meant Christopher Daniels and wrote Danielson like three times. Just correcting myself before someone who knows I don’t know what I’m talking about sees it. I think Danielson had a developmental deal in WWF alongside Cade through HBK at around that time though.

19 minutes ago, (BP) said:

Daniels! I meant Christopher Daniels and wrote Danielson like three times. Just correcting myself before someone who knows I don’t know what I’m talking about sees it. I think Danielson had a developmental deal in WWF alongside Cade through HBK at around that time though.

Ok, I remember Daniels in late WCW. I watched through the bitter end,

38 minutes ago, (BP) said:

My statement could still apply to Daniels. lol

1 hour ago, Peck said:

Right but the Lanny Poffo deal is always misrepresented. It was part of Savage's pay. Like they offered him $500k a year and he said no, pay me $300k a year and pay Lanny the other $200k a year. Those numbers are just a guess. But it wasn't separate money Lanny was getting. He was getting a partial piece of Savage's income. Savage was set because he had the WCW money & the Slim Jim money so he threw his brother some bones. They gave Lanny his own contract and kept BS'ing him on a starting date because they never intended to actually use him. Bischoff has said all of this on his podcast. It was Savage taking care of his brother without trying to make it look like that, and let Lanny keep his pride.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, (BP) said:

After the tryout match of the TWA guys (Danielson, Kendrick, Cade and Shooter Schultz), WWF at first was hesitant to sign them. Then HBK threatened to take them to WCW and they got their development deals in an instant.

Edited by Robert s
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Robert s said:

After the tryout match of the TWA guys (Danielson, Kendrick, Cade and Shooter Schultz), WWF at first was hesitant to sign them. Then HBK threatened to take them to WCW and they got their development deals in an instant.

I’m not a back injury truther, but good gravy did they let Shawn get away with murder during his first retirement just so he wouldn’t show up on Nitro. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Robert s said:

Aww, seeing HBK and WCW in the same sentence got me thinking how cool it would have been if HBK jumped ship and they're just like, "welcome to WCW, where the big boys play~" and they proceed to stuff him in a dumpster, ram it multiple times with a hummer, and when it comes to whodunnit, everyone goes silent and we never find out who was responsible, they just catch him returning in a limo and DO IT AGAIN like fuckin Steely Dan or something. 

I'm sure everyone already thought of that though...

Tammy "Sunny" Sytch was arrested earlier this week and charged with 11 offenses. 

As first reported by WrestlingNews.Co, Sytch's arrest took place Thursday in Keansburg, New Jersey. According to New Jersey state records, she has been charged with the following:

• Operating under influence of liquor or drugs
  • Driving after driver's license/registration suspended/revoked
  • Careless driving: Likely to endanger person or property
  • Reckless driving
  • Failure to wear seat equipment -- responsibility of driver
  • Driving without a license
  • Failure to possess driver's license
  • Failure to possess driver's registration
  • Failure to possess driver's insurance card
  • Failure to install interlock/drive car without interlock
  • Operate motor vehicle during license suspension -- second violation

A court date is listed for March 10.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

DId I miss it  or has nobody mentioned Joey Janella kicking the shit out of the fan that threw stuff at him in the ring?

Looked it up, there's a video on Reddit that shows him jump into the crowd after LOTS of people throw shit at him, and by what's shown he absolutely doesn't wreck anybody. Meanwhile, Brett Lauterdale is in the ring with a mic but the video cuts before he says anything. Dude needs to lay the fucking law down and not allow this, after they basically created the problem when letting it go on during Cardona's appearances.