DVDVR Message Board

February 2022 - Professional Wrestling Omnibus Discussion

9 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

DId I miss it  or has nobody mentioned Joey Janella kicking the shit out of the fan that threw stuff at him in the ring?

Looked it up, there's a video on Reddit that shows him jump into the crowd after LOTS of people throw shit at him, and by what's shown he absolutely doesn't wreck anybody. Meanwhile, Brett Lauterdale is in the ring with a mic but the video cuts before he says anything. Dude needs to lay the fucking law down and not allow this, after they basically created the problem when letting it go on during Cardona's appearances. 

Old School Question:

i'm watching the 2002-2004 run of MLW, and just got to the point where they apparently cancelled their October 24, 2003 card "Hybrid Horror". Was this purely a financial thing, or were there other factors involved? i see they ran a couple shows at the start of 2004 but then just disappeared for 13 years. has Court Bauer ever talked about this?

5 minutes ago, twiztor said:

Old School Question:

i'm watching the 2002-2004 run of MLW, and just got to the point where they apparently cancelled their October 24, 2003 card "Hybrid Horror". Was this purely a financial thing, or were there other factors involved? i see they ran a couple shows at the start of 2004 but then just disappeared for 13 years. has Court Bauer ever talked about this?

I dont. Sorry bud.

I thought MLW just went so deep into the red paying for travel for the talent before a ticket was sold that they didn’t think going ahead with the show would be enough to get them out. Then they gave it another shot the following year and did the same thing again. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

"Old school" question about 2003 event. 

Obligatory old man quote. ?

i meant it more as a reference to our "Old School Questions" thread that covered everything, but i felt dirty while typing that as well. the term changes, but people use "retro video games" as anything more than 15 years old, while i'm still over here playing my NES and my newest non-Nintendo system is the XBox360 (released in 2005). yikes.

4 minutes ago, The Natural said:

I dont. Sorry bud.

no worries. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Sad indictment on WWE that.

They also have no creative for Elias.  Well no shit. They gave his spot to Rick Boogs.  How anyone can sign with WWE in the state they are in right now is beyond me. Money doesn't always buy happiness.  Look at all of the talent gone from WWE in just 2020 and 2021 alone.  I bet you could take that talent and build a company that would get higher ratings than raw and smackdown.  

Asuka deserves so much  better as does the majority of the roster. 

• Like 3

Everything's a grift. This is actually some of the most pro wrestling shit ever on the part of CYN, and what surprises me is actually that no one got to this grift until 2022.

It speaks to how well WWE was paying guys just to be on their roster that no one felt the need to try. Nick Khan came through the doors and all of a sudden, dudes are out here selling seasoning that pisses off the lefties. Can MREs and supplements be far behind? 

• Like 2

Me Today: Lol the dumbasses who get scammed by this nonsense deserve it. Glad I’ll never have to take any of this seriously.

Me in 2025: Honey, I got sentenced to a week of Narrative Camp again! Be back after I’ve experienced the Awakening! 

• Haha 4

Asuka

1. Put her on Main Event, let her wrestle awesome 10-and-unders

2. Put her in NXT and have her squash trainees

3. Have her do stupid interviews until you figure something out

4. Drop her and let her go anywhere else

5. SLOT HER INTO A TOP MATCH WITHOUT ANY REASON

It's not that hard. This "creative has nothing for you" has to be some pathetic guilty excuse on their part for not even thinking about her, and then deciding to do nothing anyway. You make up your own rules! How is THAT one of them?

EDIT: Oh, and considering the idiot wrestling group they have a guy billed as The Invisible Hand. My guess is his finisher is hitting you over the head with a copy of Atlas Shrugged and his submission is reading it to you. 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Asuka

1. Put her on Main Event, let her wrestle awesome 10-and-unders

2. Put her in NXT and have her squash trainees

3. Have her do stupid interviews until you figure something out

4. Drop her and let her go anywhere else

5. SLOT HER INTO A TOP MATCH WITHOUT ANY REASON

It's not that hard. This "creative has nothing for you" has to be some pathetic guilty excuse on their part for not even thinking about her, and then deciding to do nothing anyway. You make up your own rules! How is THAT one of them?

Brock Lesnar’s manager.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, (BP) said:

I thought MLW just went so deep into the red paying for travel for the talent before a ticket was sold that they didn’t think going ahead with the show would be enough to get them out. Then they gave it another shot the following year and did the same thing again. 

And then Court signed on as a writer for WWE.

• Thanks 1