DVDVR Message Board

February 2022 - Professional Wrestling Omnibus Discussion

14 hours ago, The Natural said:

Blow to WWE as Bobby Lashley's a bright spot. Think this might be his first major wrestling injury, perhaps two at the most?

He had a torn rotator cuff in 2007 and left WWE while out with the injury.  I don't remember the specifics, hopefully someone here does, but I believe the injury/rehab was a point of contention at the time among other things

• Thanks 1

Kurt Angle confirmed the mini-run that he was supposed to do for the WWE was he was supposed to be the special ref for Alpha Academy vs RK-Bro at Elimination Chamber but since that tag match never happened - they scrapped bringing him in

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Kurt Angle confirmed the mini-run that he was supposed to do for the WWE was he was supposed to be the special ref for Alpha Academy vs RK-Bro at Elimination Chamber but since that tag match never happened - they scrapped bringing him in

You can always tell when Angle is going to be doing a run because he will go from trying to sell his Health food/drinks at the local gym to actively working out like a madman. Dude is awesome though. One of the nicest guys around.  If you ever saw his brother Eric wrestle I have sad news. Eric is in need of a kidney. Kurt has been trying to find donors for him. Had the website posted at some point.  I remember my first exposure to Kurt and Eric was when IWC brought them in to do the twin gimmick.  I believe @Gormanhad the call on those shows.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

You can always tell when Angle is going to be doing a run because he will go from trying to sell his Health food/drinks at the local gym to actively working out like a madman. Dude is awesome though. One of the nicest guys around.  If you ever saw his brother Eric wrestle I have sad news. Eric is in need of a kidney. Kurt has been trying to find donors for him. Had the website posted at some point.  I remember my first exposure to Kurt and Eric was when IWC brought them in to do the twin gimmick.  I believe @Gormanhad the call on those shows.

I wish! That was after my time in IWC. I was fortunate enough to meet Kurt Angle after the first TNA house show in Cleveland.

On 2/19/2022 at 12:10 PM, HumanChessgame said:

You're assuming he's working a gimmick and not actually a very polite demon.

Too bad she didn't get to keep her signature suspenders and bowtie look. I wonder if Dak Draper is coming with her, considering he's exactly what they're looking for these days.

If I missed the Dak Draper joke then feel free to dunk on me, but apparently he was in NXT in 2014 and got cut. He's also 33 so that might be too "old" for them now.

2 minutes ago, Ramo2653 said:

If I missed the Dak Draper joke then feel free to dunk on me, but apparently he was in NXT in 2014 and got cut. He's also 33 so that might be too "old" for them now.

No joke at all, I was completely unaware he had ever been in NXT until you just now mentioned it.

1 hour ago, Blue Dragon said:

Former WWE talent Drake Maverick is now working for Raw creative, which I think was D-Brys old job before he left.

There's not many of those crappy TV writers working in WWE creative anymore.

That's a very good way of avoiding becoming a part of the Control Your Narrative roster.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Shawn Michaels stays a real piece of shit

Shawn Michaels is a total twat. That's why some people, myself included are reluctant to confide in people about depression for fear of getting mocked and once something's said, you can't turn back time.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1