DVDVR Message Board

February 2022 - Professional Wrestling Omnibus Discussion

William Regal applied to trademark 'William Regal' and 'Lord Steven Regal' for 2 separate different uses, since WWE already has trademarks on William Regal, expect the Steven Regal name to be used instead if he goes to AEW or whatever other promotion.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, thee Reverend Axl Future said:

Yes, but I recall them being announced as from "the Future" - both maybe? I was inconsolable for a while after 01/01/2002 that I was stuck in the "current" shitty 2002 instead of thee New Breed's Dusty-as-POTUS reality, so I guess they succeeded in their mission, or should I blame LazerTron?

2002 is my favorite year ever. Getting married, getting into ROH, and learning I was going to be a dad ... pretty tough to beat.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, twiztor said:

he was indeed billed from Huntington Beach.

I miss going to Sherdog.com and listening to Jeff Sherwood (the namesake for the site) on Sherdog radio talking about the old NHB days and hanging with Tank in Huntington Beach.

Speaking of questionable cities, Huntington Beach being a hub for crazy right wingers and white nationalists is wild. That said, Tito Ortiz is one of them.

28 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I miss going to Sherdog.com and listening to Jeff Sherwood (the namesake for the site) on Sherdog radio talking about the old NHB days and hanging with Tank in Huntington Beach.

Speaking of questionable cities, Huntington Beach being a hub for crazy right wingers and white nationalists is wild. That said, Tito Ortiz is one of them.

To be fair, when my wife, daughter, and myself went on vacation to LA last summer, we were near Huntington Beach. I have nothing bad to say about it to be honest, but I was only staying there for a week and not living there.

32 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

The fact that they elected Tito Ortiz for mayor tells me everything I need to know about Huntington Beach.  Tito Ortiz may very well be the most moronic athlete of my entire life.  I know what you're thinking, "hey Supremebve, what about Dexter Manley who was illiterate?"  I'd say  "Dexter Manley can't read, but that one thing he doesn't know isn't nearly as dumb as all the stupid things that Tito Ortiz thinks he does know."

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, sabremike said:

I am now a former DDT Ironman Champion, ACKNOWLEDGE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I first wanted to ask you if you are a foot massage mat, but I guess you mean that you are a subscriber to DDT's Youtube channel.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Craig H said:

To be fair, when my wife, daughter, and myself went on vacation to LA last summer, we were near Huntington Beach. I have nothing bad to say about it to be honest, but I was only staying there for a week and not living there.

And that's the thing though. Unless you're just a stupid tourist (and they're are many out there tbh), I don't expect you to be seeking out terrible places especially certain enclaves. 

Tourist centric destinations aren't trying to steer people to those places. 

4 hours ago, Robert s said:

I first wanted to ask you if you are a foot massage mat, but I guess you mean that you are a subscriber to DDT's Youtube channel.

I am not at liberty to disclose this information.

• Haha 1

WWE trying to sell tickets:

Madison Square Garden had two for one tickets today. If you want them you can go to Ticketmaster and use the code HART by 10 p.m. Eastern tomorrow night. After the third lowest paid attendance in MSG in more than 80 years last time at the Garden Vince has loaded up with Brock Lesnar and Ronda Rousey and it's the biggest house show lineup for the company in years.

WrestleMania and AT&T Stadium also had two for one tickets using the code WMLOVE until tomorrow at 10 p.m. They have a lot of tickets left to sell for that show.

On WrestleMania having a lot of tickets to sell still, that explains:

Spoiler

A match between Steve Austin and Kevin Owens at WrestleMania reported by Dave Meltzer. WWE's desperate and Austin's 57.

Edited by The Natural

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta

*LINK/FILE REQUEST*

Anyone have Saint/Best v Kaye/Gilmour – 12/2/72 from WoS? I checked ITV wrestling and the video of that match has been taken off Youtube.

2 hours ago, The Natural said:
Spoiler

A match between Steve Austin and Kevin Owens at WrestleMania reported by Dave Meltzer. WWE's desperate and Austin's 57.

Spoiler

Has anyone else ever gone 19 years between matches? Austin's been retired for 5 years longer than his career lasted (14 years, 89-03).

2 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

watching the "All About the Benjamins" music video and randomly thought "you know, if Shelton Benjamin had a fake relative, they could have entered to this song"

Back in OVW his catchphrase used to be "It's all about the Shelton Benjamin", but no idea whether he ever used the song on any non taped outings or anything at the time?

10 hours ago, supremebve said:

The fact that they elected Tito Ortiz for mayor tells me everything I need to know about Huntington Beach.  Tito Ortiz may very well be the most moronic athlete of my entire life.  I know what you're thinking, "hey Supremebve, what about Dexter Manley who was illiterate?"  I'd say  "Dexter Manley can't read, but that one thing he doesn't know isn't nearly as dumb as all the stupid things that Tito Ortiz thinks he does know."

Tito was elected to the City Council. HB doesn't vote on the mayorship. It just revolves amongst the councilpeople. He was the second person amongst people in high school with me to be elected to it.

• RIPPA locked this topic
  • RIPPA unlocked this topic

I guess that the biggest wrestling news of this morning isn’t that I slept with one arm over the inside of my other elbow causing that arm to be limp until I changed up position. See, armbars can be legit even if they’re seen as boring restholds.

similar to the “bending an arm to use a cellphone in bed for too long leads to stuff” thing. I’ve only really had carpal tunnel stuff once with using a computer but stuff with bending elbows or positioning arms in bed is apparently tough.

• Like 1