DVDVR Message Board

February 2022 - Professional Wrestling Omnibus Discussion

1 hour ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Is there a Death Valley Pizza Review message board? I bet there's someone over there annoyed how all they're doing is talking about wrestling in this month's thread. 'Who gives a shit about missile dropkicks, has anyone tried that Little Ceaser's batman pizza??'

Well there is a food topic in LoC but that sadly hardly gets looked at.  I don't mind whatever happens here as long as it's not a repeat of the last thread that got locked.

Oh, and that Batman pizza looks gross.  Little Ceasars is our go-to for AEW PPV parties as it's cheap and good to soak up the booze with.  But I'll pass on this one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Rapid Delivery Rory Fox is such an all time good bad name, and it's such a gift we all got to see Les come up with it on MTV. Great shout by Swann

Of all of the late 90’s shows on pro wrestling that episode of True Life was by far the best. Sadly there’s only really low quality versions on YouTube. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Well there is a food topic in LoC but that sadly hardly gets looked at.  I don't mind whatever happens here as long as it's not a repeat of the last thread that got locked.

Oh, and that Batman pizza looks gross.  Little Ceasars is our go-to for AEW PPV parties as it's cheap and good to soak up the booze with.  But I'll pass on this one.

I've already taken one for all the teams and yeah, the Batman pizza is not good. The pizza part is standard fair Little Caesars, but cut into squares, and those middle squares are real sad. The calzone parts are borderline inedible.

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I LOVE Batman and I wouldn't get that Little Ceasars pizza even if we had one over here. We have Pizza Hut, Papa Johns and Dominoes Pizzas.

• Like 1

ITT i learned that Pizza Hut introduced a Spicy Pizza (tried to order last night but they were already closed) and Little Caesar's now has a Batman "calzony". I'm also a huge Batman fan but also think i will pass on that one. 

this thread is not helping my pizza addiction, and for that i thank all of you.

• Like 2

There's a Mexican place near me that does various "Mexican-style" pizzas.  I keep looking them over but I haven't been brave enough to try them yet.  Their regular-ass Mexican food is quite good but I'm just really hesitant to take a shot at that street taco pizza.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

Ronda was retrained by Ember Moon.

That's ... weird. They have all those veteran former superworkers and they put their potential golden goose in the hands of someone who still looked green in the ring after more than a decade or wrestling? Of course, sometimes mediocre wrestlers turn out to be great trainers and vice versa.

17 minutes ago, Robert s said:

That's ... weird. They have all those veteran former superworkers and they put their potential golden goose in the hands of someone who still looked green in the ring after more than a decade or wrestling? Of course, sometimes mediocre wrestlers turn out to be great trainers and vice versa.

They had Miccgullity or whatever his name was do the retraining for men, before they released him. It's the norm for WWE.

1 hour ago, Robert s said:

I think when it comes to the talent they want to keep happy it’s about the personalities involved instead of who the best trainer for them would be. Ronda probably just likes Ember. 

Gimme red onions, green olives and mushrooms and I'm set. I'm the least picky eater you'll meet, though, so I'm down to try anything. Ever since Deadpool came out, I've been wanting to do pineapple and green olives, but I haven't pulled the trigger yet. 

There's a stoner-themed pizza place down the road from me that makes a pizza that's basically an italian sub in pizza form and goddamn, it's the coolest thing. NUM NUMS. 

This may be apocryphal but I'm reminded of a guy I knew who was rumored to have made his own special "Voodoo Pizza" at the pizzeria he worked at... by adding crack. But I mean his nickname was Crackhead Dan so what do you expect. (If true it was surely powder cocaine. The last time I saw him was in the local paper with his mugshot in the Crime Stoppers ad for skipping bail or something.)

• Haha 2

Look, I love Vader/Hughes vs. The Steiners at whatever Clash it was, but Hughes is kinda dull. He was a really good athlete, but his AWA stuff does nothing for me and his Mr. Hughes stuff, barring that tag match where he bumped like a complete lunatic, did nothing for me either.