DVDVR Message Board

February 2022 - Professional Wrestling Omnibus Discussion

Pepperoni, jalapeno, and fresh basil is my jam when we make homemade pizza. I top it with fresh jalapeno slices that get nice and broiled. Pizza places that have a jalapenos as a topping use the cheap ass jarred/pickled jalapenos and charge $2 for them, which is about $.50 more than the jar itself.

And while I may not like green or black olives at all, there's a pizza at this place on Lake Michigan that tops their pizza with pepperoni, italian sausage, salami, green olives, basil, and sharp cheddar cheese around the crust. They broil the top of it at the end so the green olives get this nice crispiness and the brineyness of the olives goes perfectly with the sweetness of the basil and the saltiness of the meat on it. 

One time at an old job someone asked me and a few others if we wanted to pitch money in for a pizza for lunch. Sure.

An hour later a small, practically personal, seafood pizza was delivered that only he ate. It may have cost less than the amount I put in for it. And he was one of the least aggravating people there. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stefanie the Human said:

My favorite pizza is mushroom, pineapple, and jalapeno.

If people don't like it, they don't have to share a pizza with me.

I mean, your pizza topping choices are a) what you enjoy and b) almost sure to mean that you get the whole pizza to yourself, so I feel like you and your taste buds have hit upon the ultimate win-win!

And I don't like pineapple on pizza, but I don't hate it. It's plain ham that I detest more than anything unless it's deli sliced on a sub. Pineapple also interacts with an antidepressant or Xanax and makes me feel really, really weird for the next few hours. I can't even describe the feeling.

Salvatore Sincere gets over as a lower mid-card gimmick as a stereotypical Italian pizzamaker who pretends to be okay with people's choices of topping, but makes fun of them behind their back for liking Canadian bacon and olives or what-the-fuck-ever. 

Also, it's mid-'90s WWF, so instead of attacking guys with pizza cutters, he attacks them with a giant side of salami. 

A Sincere/TL Hopper feud because Hopper clogged up Sincere's dressing room toilet after eating a full Meat Lover's XL pizza and refused to plunge it would be, well, not money, but better than whatever else those dudes were doing in 1996. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Between the end of last month and the two threads this month you guys sure went all over the place and then some.  It's almost like "The Breakfast Club" where they're arguing and crying one scene then randomly dance the next.

So...um...wrestling.  I guess to tie into it I'm almost surprised there wasn't a skit where somebody had pizza then had hardcore bowel issues in the ring.  Figured that would have happened on Raw at one point but they had enough fucked up stuff going on.

And yeah, if I get pizza with my wife we go basic with pepperoni and sausage.  If it's for me then I'll do any topping imaginable including pineapple.  Really depends on the mood and the offerings around.  Though if there's a good stuffed pizza on the menu that'll be my go-to slice.  Italian Sensation does a pretty damn good one with cheesesteak inside.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Someone on Reddit did a great Photoshop after the Gunther debacle where they had turned Tommasso Ciampa into a pizza chef as a play on his Italian heritage

2022.01.19-05.46-kayfabenews-61e84e7b852

Dressed in a sauce-spattered white apron and tall chef’s hat, Ciampa then grabbed the microphone and declared: “My name is Luigi Pepperoni and I’m one spicy meat-a-ball!” 

Fans at ringside said that, as Ciampa uttered the words, there was a haunting vacancy in his eyes and a single tear rolled down his cheek.

https://www.kayfabenews.com/tommaso-ciampa-makes-main-roster-debut-as-crazy-luigi-pepperoni/

Edited by Dog
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, SirSmellingtonofCascadia said:

Salvatore Sincere gets over as a lower mid-card gimmick as a stereotypical Italian pizzamaker who pretends to be okay with people's choices of topping, but makes fun of them behind their back for liking Canadian bacon and olives or what-the-fuck-ever. 

Also, it's mid-'90s WWF, so instead of attacking guys with pizza cutters, he attacks them with a giant side of salami. 

A Sincere/TL Hopper feud because Hopper clogged up Sincere's dressing room toilet after eating a full Meat Lover's XL pizza and refused to plunge it would be, well, not money, but better than whatever else those dudes were doing in 1996. 

I could hear Vince now  during a 95 Superstars squash.  "Look at him!! He's beating him with... He's beating him with his meat!!!!!"

• Haha 3

whoever (both@Wyld Samurai & @matt925 ) mentioned the pepperoni+pineapple+jalapeno combination is right. the perfect balance of all flavors. the sweet tanginess of the pineapple complements the spiciness of the jalapeno perfectly. and pepperoni is of course the GOAT pizza topping.

my next go-to is an alfredo based sauce with pepperoni and grilled chicken. 

Edited by twiztor
added props
  • Like 2

When Impact did the 1983 throwback episode, Rich Swann had a Pizza gimmick. His name was ‘Rapid Delivery’ Pete Zar. 
In Bizarro Lucha there is a stable called the Saturday Morning Action Adventure Crew, one of whom was a cat who liked Pizza, called Pizza Cat. She had to retire and was replaced by Pizza Cat junior. (The original was Shotzi Blackheart, and when she got signed she gave the gimmick to Billie Starkz).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, AxB said:

When Impact did the 1983 throwback episode, Rich Swann had a Pizza gimmick. His name was ‘Rapid Delivery’ Pete Zar. 
In Bizarro Lucha there is a stable called the Saturday Morning Action Adventure Crew, one of whom was a cat who liked Pizza, called Pizza Cat. She had to retire and was replaced by Pizza Cat junior. (The original was Shotzi Blackheart, and when she got signed she gave the gimmick to Billie Starkz).

Rapid Delivery Rory Fox is such an all time good bad name, and it's such a gift we all got to see Les come up with it on MTV. Great shout by Swann

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

Well today is the day. WWE financial reports, the fourth quarter and full year 2021 financial report. 

https://corporate.wwe.com/news/company-news/2022/02-03-2022

"In 2021, we reached a significant milestone of over $1 billion in revenue, for the first time in the Company’s history"

The call below

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2022/02/live-coverage-of-the-wwe-2021-q4-earnings-call-with-top-company-executives/

Edited by Blue Dragon

7 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

There's been a garbage man, a tax man, a police man, but never a pizza man or a delivery man.  Imagine a tag team of UPS type drivers.  Special Delivery could be their names.  

Growing up we had a judge and his last name was Subject.  We made up a tag team of Subject and Predicate and called them "the Grammar Slammers" their finisher was called  "the fillabuster"    Good times.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

So...um...wrestling.  I guess to tie into it I'm almost surprised there wasn't a skit where somebody had pizza then had hardcore bowel issues in the ring.  Figured that would have happened on Raw at one point but they had enough fucked up stuff going on.

Close 

Edited by zendragon
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'm a pepperoni/Banana Peppers or Bacon/Pineapple guy.  Though to be fair there's only 2 local places I'd get pineapple from because they actucally grill the pineapple before putting it on the pizza, which makes it less watery.

Oh right wrestling....uhhhh Watching AEW Dark and Elevation has become sort of a watch party for my old college wrestling buddies.  It's been cool to reconnect with old friends over wrasslin.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, AxB said:

And he was from "Less than 30 minutes away"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
28 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Is there a Death Valley Pizza Review message board? I bet there's someone over there annoyed how all they're doing is talking about wrestling in this month's thread. 'Who gives a shit about missile dropkicks, has anyone tried that Little Ceaser's batman pizza??'

Variety, much like in pizza toppings, is the spice of life.

1 hour ago, Blue Dragon said:

WWE has signed Santinos daughter.

Ronda was retrained by Ember Moon.

I have a little niece that I help babysit and am now subject to all these bizarre new kid shows. There's one called 'Miss Persona' (It's Canadian) and she has various guests who turn up like Fred Penner (Another Canadian icon) and Alfredo, who is played by Santino who is STILL doing the Italian accent!

• Like 2