DVDVR Message Board

February 2022 - Professional Wrestling Omnibus Discussion

No one in the world except for Brian D. Kendrick, the man, not the character, knows if he's being sincere.  

Please don't debate onto whether or not he's going to be able to 'cash in' on psychotic beliefs of lizard people and despicable anti-Semitic speeches. It's fucking gross and there's enough of that crap on Twitter and reddit.  

Be chill, be respectful, or be shown the door.  

• Like 7

There's been a garbage man, a tax man, a police man, but never a pizza man or a delivery man.  Imagine a tag team of UPS type drivers.  Special Delivery could be their names.  

Growing up we had a judge and his last name was Subject.  We made up a tag team of Subject and Predicate and called them "the Grammar Slammers" their finisher was called  "the fillabuster"    Good times.  

Put whatever the fuck you want on pizza and don't give people shit for putting whatever the fuck they want on pizza. Food snobbery sucks, especially during a time of intense stress because of... *hands gesturing to basically everything going on*

• Like 13

3 minutes ago, christopher.annino said:

Put whatever the fuck you want on pizza and don't give people shit for putting whatever the fuck they want on pizza. Food snobbery sucks, especially during a time of intense stress because of... *hands gesturing to basically everything going on*

Ah, we've found the heathen who likes Hawaiian pizza everybody! We've found him!

TO THE STOCKS WITH YOU

*food snobs descend on your location with handcuffs, chanting weird food snob incantations*

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Just now, SirSmellingtonofCascadia said:

Ah, we've found the heathen who likes Hawaiian pizza everybody! We've found him!

TO THE STOCKS WITH YOU

*food snobs descend on your location with handcuffs, chanting weird food snob incantations*

Oh, it's much worse than that: I don't like cheese of any kind so when I eat something resembling pizza, it's more like glorified focaccia bread ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, christopher.annino said:

Oh, it's much worse than that: I don't like cheese of any kind so when I eat something resembling pizza, it's more like glorified focaccia bread ?

my-man-my-man-denzel.gif

• Haha 2

All the pineapple I've had on pizza was the cubes from Pizza Hut. Not the old school “circle slice of pineapple” stuff.

SD Jones wasn’t really in the WWF much by the time they really went in on occupation gimmicks. Imagine what he could have been delivering if he was around for that.

also guessing the ring name Rapid Delivery Rory Fox would have inspired jokes from the late 90s WWF writers

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, christopher.annino said:

OK, so the thread is getting locked again soon, right? 

I would say the best food-related Wrestler was and will be Curry Man, right down to the amazing outfit. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Casey said:

But can we still talk about what pizza we like while we discuss and/or watch wrestling?

Pizza Pieces is my go to place, it's an Italian family restaurant. Spicy Chicken with peppers. So fresh and tasty. If I fancy a frozen pizza, I pick a hot one. I've liked food with a kick for years.

7 minutes ago, ReiseReise said:

OK, so the thread is getting locked again soon, right? 

I would say the best food-related Wrestler was and will be Curry Man, right down to the amazing outfit. 

Hot! Spicy! Tastes great! Curry Man! Best outfit and that little dance to go with.

Curry is my favourite takeaway by far. Desi Keema Saagh. Get in.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

Just now, The Natural said:

Pizza Pieces is my go to place, it's an Italian family restaurant. Spicy Chicken with peppers. So fresh and tasty. If I fancy a frozen pizza, I pick a hot one.

Hot! Spicy! Tastes great! Curry Man! Best outfit and that little dance to go with.

Curry is my favourite takeaway by far. Desi Keema Saagh. Get in.

The one area where I truly believe the UK has the US beat culturally speaking is the wide availability of takeaway curry and kebab shops.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

The one area where I truly believe the UK has the US beat culturally speaking is the wide availability of takeaway curry and kebab shops.  

Curry is my favourite takeaway by far. Lucky to have great curry restaurants where I live. Three are only 20 minutes away and Shimla Spice is the best. Need to have a kebab again, haven't had one for three years as curry is my #1.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Someone on Reddit did a great Photoshop after the Gunther debacle where they had turned Tommasso Ciampa into a pizza chef as a play on his Italian heritage

Tomato Scampi is right around the corner, it's our own damned fault if we give them those ideas... 

• Haha 3

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
1 hour ago, SirSmellingtonofCascadia said:

TO THE STOCKS WITH YOU

My favorite pizza is mushroom, pineapple, and jalapeno.

If people don't like it, they don't have to share a pizza with me.

I love pineapple on pizza, but won't have a Hawaiian on account of the ham. Which oddly enough sort of brings this back to wrestling discussion, as I was raised to keep kosher, rebelled against doing so as a teenager and let loose on the pig meat, then came back around to not eating it a few years ago thanks in part to seeing videos of Alexa Bliss's pet pig (RIP Larry Steve) and deciding I could no longer eat such smart and adorable beasts. Also I read an article on the shit they put into bacon around the same time, which was another nail in the pork coffin.

• Like 1