DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 2/2/22

2 minutes ago, zendragon said:

you have to admit his plan of hitting someone in the head with his sledge hammer usually works though 

His plans remind me of that episode of The Office where Kevin eliminates unnecessary words while talking in order to be more efficient.

adgZcHd0-uYUuBnTfntVsGspKx-duqLt9UOqeoUC

Edited by cwoy2j
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, zendragon said:

you have to admit his plan of hitting someone in the head with his sledge hammer putting his fist over the head of the hammer and punching someone in the stomach with it usually works though 

Cerebral Assassin!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

19 hours ago, Jiji said:

If nothing else, tonight solidified that MJF really ought to be the next champ. A year ago, I thought it was Omega to Page to MJF, but Punk and Danielson muddied that. After tonight? Only guy beating Page for that belt should be MJF. I initially wanted to see it asap but I think it can wait until DoN or, likelier, All Out. 

I've had the idea that NJF could AEW's Flair in the sense you could go Page - MJF - Sammy - MJF - Jungle Boy -MJF - ????

MJF vs. Punk was a pretty good match even with the false finish. It was so old school with MJF being dumb enough to hide the strap under his arm and drop it when he got it raised. MJF is on a whole other lever with his heel work. I was surprised Wardlow helped him, but I guess they're really gonna stretch him being MJF's muscle for a long while. 

• Like 1

The worst quarter hours were the first 15 minutes of Punk/MJF and Ruby/Nyla. It spiked after the women's match but then went back down for the beginning of the main event, then climbed until the end of the show. All this proves is that they need to have Jade Cargill defending on Dynamite instead of Rampage. She's a draw, goddamnit.

1 minute ago, Matt D said:

How much of the drop is from Big Bang Theory viewers leaving? 

You'd think those viewers would leave after a few minutes, not 15 minutes, right? Serious question, I have a vague understanding of how all of this works to begin with.

1 minute ago, Casey said:

The worst quarter hours were the first 15 minutes of Punk/MJF and Ruby/Nyla. It spiked after the women's match but then went back down for the beginning of the main event, then climbed until the end of the show. All this proves is that they need to have Jade Cargill defending on Dynamite instead of Rampage. She's a draw, goddamnit.

You'd think those viewers would leave after a few minutes, not 15 minutes, right? Serious question, I have a vague understanding of how all of this works to begin with.

I’m not sure how it’s counted either. Could it be just at 8:01 vs at 8:16?

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

When they came up to Brandi milling around in the ring, I was confused as to who she even was.

Then the camera cut to her with a blank expression on her face, and after a moment or two she snapped into whatever she was supposed to be doing, and I thought "this might not go well".

Then that slow-motion car crash of a segment happened, and I thought about sorting my laundry instead of watching the rest of the show.

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
4 minutes ago, John E. Dynamite said:

Nothing that a Kris Statlander match at 8:15 can't fix.

We should just have more Kris Statlander matches in general, lead-in connections be damned.

Honestly, I don't think this is anything to get too alarmed about because this is just kind of the general way the numbers go. They surge a little bit they drop a little bit, wash, rinse, repeat. 

I do think that Brandi segment just went wildly out of control. I think what they should've been following up on is Men of the Year targeting Sammy since he has the TNT title and beat Cody. Secondly, you have Cody doing the whole "I refuse to turn!" nonsense on camera, and the Men of the Year hate him too, but the fans hate both Cody and Brandi. These dynamics aren't working.

So I guess they're setting up some sort of AEW match for Paige VanZant, which is fine I guess. I just think there's a simpler way to get there.

Danielson and Moxley; I think the gist of Danielson's promo was great, but I'm not sure about pairing them up right now. We've got like a lot of factions and stables already that are struggling to get on TV. 

I'm not sure where the Andrade/Hardy Family Office thing is going. Hardy having his own group of lackeys I think makes sense, but I don't get why Andrade wants to associate them. What does Andrade get out of HFO even if he's manipulating them? They're a stable of jobbers on Dynamite and Rampage who win on Dark and Elevation. Does Andrade want to steal them from Hardy and make them his lackeys? Will they learn how to win more and be better lackeys under Andrade? What's the game here? 

Seems like the next step for MOTY should be Scorpio Sky challenging Sammy for the TNT title. Maybe that can be the Revolution match.

• Like 1

I think the AHFO thing is leading to everyone turning on Matt, he disappears for a little bit, and returns with Jeff Hardy and we get Private Party versus the Hardy Boyz (and other matches too, of course). He's already said he wants to leave the Big Money Matt character behind and move on, so this might be the way they're doing it. As to why Andrade would want Butcher, Blade, H2 and Private Party? I mean, it never hurts to have lackeys that'll take beatings for you, or give them. 

• Like 8

29 minutes ago, Casey said:

I think the AHFO thing is leading to everyone turning on Matt, he disappears for a little bit, and returns with Jeff Hardy and we get Private Party versus the Hardy Boyz (and other matches too, of course). He's already said he wants to leave the Big Money Matt character behind and move on, so this might be the way they're doing it. As to why Andrade would want Butcher, Blade, H2 and Private Party? I mean, it never hurts to have lackeys that'll take beatings for you, or give them. 

Butcher/Blade/Bunny didn't seem super enthused by the merger, especially since Private Party are on the board and they're not. Maybe they see Bunny as a breakout and want to turn the act face.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Butcher/Blade/Bunny didn't seem super enthused by the merger, especially since Private Party are on the board and they're not. Maybe they see Bunny as a breakout and want to turn the act face.

Plus the Butcher has more free time now presumably, since Every Time I Die broke up recently.

Nothing to do with anything, but Blade was looking DAPPER AS FUCK last night and I'm here for it. Even further away from the topic at hand: Allie (and Penelope) went toy hunting with Ethan Page recently and even she collects (horror themed) toys. Lots of toy collectors in this company, I love it.

• Like 2

No, I like Lambert being all "shooty" and stuff and playing a caricature of Jim Cornette. Hell, I even enjoyed Brandi saying they only hired Ethan Page to get to Josh Alexander. I thought it was funny.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Casey said:

No, I like Lambert being all "shooty" and stuff and playing a caricature of Jim Cornette. Hell, I even enjoyed Brandi saying they only hired Ethan Page to get to Josh Alexander. I thought it was funny.

It's undermined by fans hating Cody and Brandi so much that they root for Lambert as a result.

9 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

It's undermined by fans hating Cody and Brandi so much that they root for Lambert as a result.

Which is hilarious, for the exact reasons he stated last night. That shit had me popping off. The sex worker slander is lame.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

That main event was fantastic. Was there an obvious match they were clearly cribbing from? Maybe a Memphis match? The 20 punches in the corner was very familiar.

The false finish came from a ROH CM Punk-Jimmy Rave match.

• Like 7

I'm very ready for Mox to turn down Bryan leading to their postponed ppv match, then having Garcia take Bryan up on his offer.

Not sure what the point of the Brandi/Lambert worked shoot stuff was. They're very good at being catty to each other, but it doesn't seem to actually accomplishing anything. Yes, I know PVZ came out, but to a muted reaction since she was in the middle of two mega-heels, and let's be real, a match with Brandi is gonna do her no favors.

Tag match was good as expected.

The main was good, but could've stood to be a little shorter with MJF going over clean. If MJF won with that Serenity Lock or just the SOTE after Punk's leg gave out on the G2S, I would've been on the 5* train. From the overkill stretch, though, I did like Punk using the poison rana, showing that he's still learning how to adapt wrestling in 2022, and the Wardlow swerve was pretty sleek. I like how they aren't rushing the turn, even though it's obviously coming. Reminds me of MJF and Cody.

• Like 1