DVDVR Message Board

Brian Flores v. NFL

Cobra Commander

Holy fuck.  

I was not expecting Flores to go scorched earth, but here we are.

Two things:  1) If Ross was actually paying him $100k per loss in 2019, then that's the sort of thing that could force him to sell.  They absolutely cannot fuck with the integrity of the game.   2) Brian Flores is 100% done as a head coach in the NFL.  And probably any Division I college too. He's made himself completely radioactive.

• Like 7

how much money would Flores need to get in the settlement to help him found Brian Flores University where he hires himself as the head coach?

It's only a matter of time before one of these leagues that got in bed with sportsbetting has some sort of massive game integrity scandal

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Craig H said:

And yet somehow, someway, Caldwell's name comes up what feels like every year. 

Jim Caldwell would be a perfect MLB manager for some middling team. Make a line up, sit back, do nothing most of the time, stare from the dugout, occasionally make a change out on the field or in the batting order. 

"Stare from the dugout" needs to appear about 7 more times on that list to be entirely accurate.  Both for baseball managers in general and Caldwell specifically.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Holy fuck.  

Two things:  1) If Ross was actually paying him $100k per loss in 2019, then that's the sort of thing that could force him to sell.  They absolutely cannot fuck with the integrity of the game.   2) Brian Flores is 100% done as a head coach in the NFL.  And probably any Division I college too. He's made himself completely radioactive.

He certainly didn't seem to hold back, that's for sure.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Holy fuck.  

COULD be forced to sell??? More like forced at gunpoint to sell if that's true.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sabremike said:

COULD be forced to sell??? More like forced at gunpoint to sell if that's true.

I absolutely guarantee you, paying a rookie coach to tank games is 100% S.O.P.  in the NFL.  However, it seems Flo kept receipts which a) you should do and b) you should never tell anyone in public you did.  

The absolute last thing the NFL wants is to go through Discovery, so I'm gonna guess this will go away after a hefty payment and NDA, but god only knows if Flores is mad/insane enough to file this, he may be willing to see it through. 

• Like 2

Do you think that Roger Goddell is uber pissed off thinking all of the stuff they have done to protect "the Shield" because of shit that Belichick does and then he gets in deep shit because Bill can't figure out how to handle private texts 

Meanwhile if I was the Washington Commanders or whatever they are called tomorrow I would hired Flores tomorrow because of this distraction.

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

on one hand, Belichick could have intentionally did this to help cause a lawsuit

on the other hand, Belichick might not enter last names for his phone address book

Belichick doing it on purpose seems totally like the kind of thing he would do.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cubbymark said:

Maybe Brian Flores turns into Curt Flood. Some interesting notes as to how certain first year coaches were handled vs white counterparts.

Yeah but Culley was embarrassingly bad at coaching football. He was so far out of his depth our GM was making game time decisions and telling him what to do. And he would frequently embarrass himself at press conferences. He was an absolute atrocity of a hire. That Caserio hit on Davis Mills is no credit to Culley — Mills succeeded in spite of his head coach and OC. 

And after everything that happened today, we get HAWT TAKES like this one:

Yes, Minnesota's new GM. . .a 40-year old black man who 7 or 8 years ago wasn't involved with the NFL at all and has been entrusted with every aspect of the Vikings' football operations by the Wilf family. . .is racist because he wants his first move to be hiring Jim Harbaugh to coach his football team.

Jesus tap-dancing Christ.

Edited by Gonzo
  • Like 5

• RIPPA pinned this topic

Reminder that Flores will be on CBS this morning at 8 AM being interviewed

8 AM by the way is reportedly the exact time that Washington Commanders is supposed to be revealed on NBC

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Reminder that Flores will be on CBS this morning at 8 AM being interviewed

8 AM by the way is reportedly the exact time that Washington Commanders is supposed to be revealed on NBC

Correction.  He's on now.