DVDVR Message Board

AEW - FEB 2022

The Natural

Uncle Jack Tony no matter how much money talent you have, how do you say no to more? Paraphrasing Todd from Breaking Bad here. But you get the picture. One Cesaro match a month on national TV is way better than zero Cesaro matches a month on national TV. A whole lot of posters here have grown up on post 2000 WWE and it really shows lol.

• Like 4

Muahahaha....

MUAHAHAHAHAHA....

https://www.f4wonline.com/news/aew/brian-cages-aew-contract-option-reportedly-picked-up-to-his-surprise

According to a report from Fightful, Brian Cage has told those close to him that AEW picked up the option year on his contract. 

Cage was reportedly surprised by this as he had been expecting his contract to expire. The report also said he believed he's among the top paid in the company.

1 hour ago, Dog said:

For what it's worth, he also retweeted this.

Rollins and Cesaro go way back. I can only imagine this is a tough loss for him as well. 

Went to ROH in LA just over 11 years ago. Kings of Wrestling vs. World's Greatest Tag Team was one of the featured matchups and it was awesome. Hero and Claudio were really at the top of their games at this point. 

And you know Claudio did achieve some relative success in WWE. Just depends on how you measure success. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Rollins and Cesaro go way back. I can only imagine this is a tough loss for him as well. 

Went to ROH in LA just over 11 years ago. Kings of Wrestling vs. World's Greatest Tag Team was one of the featured matchups and it was awesome. Hero and Claudio were really at the top of their games at this point. 

And you know Claudio did achieve some relative success in WWE. Just depends on how you measure success. 

Kings of Wrestling around 2009-2011 ROH were incredible with Hero also being in the best shape of his life.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, eikerir said:

Kings of Wrestling around 2009-2011 ROH were incredible with Hero also being in the best shape of his life.

Most definitely. And when I see people on Twitter say garbage like "Cesaro's not good on the stick," like they really know nothing about wrestling or this man's career. On this show, Claudio was going on about how Euro Disneyland was way better than Disneyland. It was hilarious. Hero's response, "I've never been to Euro Disneyland, but I'm sure it's quaint!"

Hero really could do it all and this period was definitely pinnacle of his career IMO. 

• Like 2