DVDVR Message Board

AEW - FEB 2022

The Natural

Just now, Casey said:

He’s not believable enough - he’s only 5’11’’ for fucks sake guys

Idk if this is pointed at me, but I have no issue with workers being small so long as they don’t actively undermine their opponents with their shitty, business exposing offense and flat out refusal to sell. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Anyone know if anything's going on with Christian Cage? Hasn't wrestled since December 29.

I mean, given his age and issues with concussions, I'm not sticking him in a match for no reason. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, just drew said:

I mean, given his age and issues with concussions, I'm not sticking him in a match for no reason. 

I agree with the general sentiment. I wouldn't be booking him in matches for no reason. I'd have him involved in something. Just boggles my mind that he's been in three bouts since BFG and zero this year. Was just wondering if there were rumours circulating that I wasn't privy to.

Speaking of booking him in a match for no reason, it's fun to remember his last match was himself, JE, and the Lucha Bros vs FTR and the HFO. 

Hope this is one of those things where Tony's alleged to be cycling guys in and out of the programming and we have a season abundant in Christian matches on the horizon. 

• Like 7

12 hours ago, (BP) said:

People have been saying Brian Cage is going to blow for years and people are still building new homes on him and tourists from all over still hike him. 

Yeah, not too long ago, I took a rather long hike on Brian Cage and there was no indication of any trouble. (I mean, some backne and gyno obviously, but those were only in places you'd expect them to be, so I wasn't alarmed)

And if losing Cody comes with the possibility of getting Buddy Matthews in his place, that is a trade I'm willing to make.

Edited by Shartnado
Cody for Buddy, I'm in!
  • Like 3
  • Sad 2

Kevin Ku and Dom Garrini both worked pre-Dynamite Dark Elevation matches. And then Dom was also one of the security guards Preston Vance beat up for no reason.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AxB said:

Kevin Ku and Dom Garrini both worked pre-Dynamite Dark Elevation matches. And then Dom was also one of the security guards Preston Vance beat up for no reason.

That was a really bad last minute way of building a throwaway rampage match. He didn't even do a good job of hucking the jabronis. 

1 hour ago, christopher.annino said:

With all the Cody hoopla, and him being removed from the roster with a quickness, I couldn't help but notice they never added Atlas. Hopefully that's just a mistake. 

He got the "All Elite" banner. I'm sure it's just oversite.

I know this is a couple months away but I'm calling on the Marylanders in here to take a look at who's appearing in May at Glen Burnie.  And yeah there's more to be added.

https://baltimorecelebfest.godaddysites.com

This is the same convention that had me gushing about meeting all those cool-ass people and I can't recommend it enough.  Another recent addition that's not on the site is Lucha Bros and Fuego so I'll be wearing the Penta mask for sure.  On top of the AEW wrestlers they announced so far they also announced motherfucking MENG will be there.  I'm definitely meeting him otherwise I'll still worry he'll kick my ass.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I know this is a couple months away but I'm calling on the Marylanders in here to take a look at who's appearing in May at Glen Burnie.  And yeah there's more to be added.

This is the same convention that had me gushing about meeting all those cool-ass people and I can't recommend it enough.  Another recent addition that's not on the site is Lucha Bros and Fuego so I'll be wearing the Penta mask for sure.  On top of the AEW wrestlers they announced so far they also announced motherfucking MENG will be there.  I'm definitely meeting him otherwise I'll still worry he'll kick my ass.

I'm in Glen Burnie for work off and on, maybe I'll make a thinly veiled suggestion that this is where I work in May....that looks fun as hell.

Edited by StuntmanCrowley
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, TheVileOne said:

You know, I checked the AEW roster page, and Chavo Guerrero is still on there. Dead weight they can probably lose/not renew whenever:

* Luther

* Peter Avalon

* Serpentico

HOW DARE YOU

https://c.tenor.com/sCdo8DW21XQAAAAC/boo-outrage.gif

Edited by The Green Meanie
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Good names there. Tay Conti, Anna Jay and Meng stand out. Yeah, Meng's a must meet, biggest bad ass.

• Like 1