DVDVR Message Board

AEW - FEB 2022

The Natural

7 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

Kross is awful. If you want a less charismatic Mike Knox in your promotion just hire Mike Knox

And tell him to be less charismatic?

"You told me to hire a less charismatic Mike Knox, so I hired Mike Knox."

"You did what? Damn it, what part of less charismatic didn't you understand? What are we going to do now?"

"Um, tell him to be less charismatic?"

"Oh, shut the fuck up!"

Edited by Shartnado
dialogue added
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

Finally got off my lazy ass and watched Giulia vs. Tam Nakano Hair vs. Hair from last year. AEW needs to rip this one off wholesale w/ Britt & Rosa. I know Rosa isn't the super babyface Nakano is but there's this... context, y'know? A lucha context, but some other stuff too. I want Britt to lose. I want Hayter to take the clippers from Rebel. I want Britt to hate her for it. I want Adam Cole to feel pretty because he has longer hair.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Man, what a lot of Killer Kross hate.  Honestly prefer him over Gargano, Osprey or Swerve. He could be a decent signing. Decent in the ring, looks menacing. Not a ppv headliner, but a nice challenger for an aew champ on TV. Dont have him aligned with House of Black.

• Like 3

I'm gonna go Swerve > Gargano > Kross > Ospreay, massive gaps between them all (ok, maybe not Garagano and Kross). White and Lee slightly above. Cena, if I'm being naive and honest. We'll see what plays out.

Edited by John E. Dynamite

3 hours ago, Dirty J. said:

Man, what a lot of Killer Kross hate.  Honestly prefer him over Gargano, Osprey or Swerve.

I don't want any of these guys. I'm kinda hoping it's Keith Lee, but honestly at this point I'm kinda happy with the roster as-is. I AM however worried about who they're going to lose to contracts not being renewed.

Look at this list. Granted one of them isn't available yet, but...

• Mia Yim
  • Taya Valkyrie
  • Nixon Newell
  • Athena
  • Toni Storm

Also, Kairi Hojo is about to be a free agent (or already is). Give her a blank fucking contract, let her do whatever.

They've already brought in a few women released during that time, notably Ruby Soho (Santana Garrett has appeared a few times, and Marina Shafir is seemingly on some kind of deal). Another name is about to make her Dark debut*, too. I get that these are bigger names and deserve hype/fanfare, but still. Should you hire Swerve and Keith Lee? Yes, one because they're very talented, but you also need more black stars. But spare me the shit like Johnny Gargano, or Killer Kross, or Windham Rotunda, etc. 

Sign that entire list, regulate Rebel & Leva to backstage contracts, don't renew contracts for Bunny, Penelope, Red Velvet, etc.

This is the end of my TEW fantasy booking session of the women's division.

*The upcoming Dark debut is..

Spoiler

Danielle Kamela fka Vanessa Borne

Edited by Casey

Man, what a lot of Will Ospreay hate. I understand he may be a tad Peter-Pan out there, but come on, it's Peter-Pan! Best thing since Spriggan! Dangerous!

That said, Zack Sabre, jr. 

also, Spriggan.

Edited by Horatio

I've seen a lot of hand-wringing(not here) about the size of the roster, budgets, etc for AEW and using it a reason to insult the company.  I love what @zendragon said above that it feels like anyone can show up at anytime.  I'm hoping it's Lee tonight.  He was a force in NXT, had his legs cut off on the main roster and I think he's someone AEW sorely needs in the main event spot (clicking the obvious boxes), but he's also someone that doesn't have any ties to "The Elite".  I feel like the top tier of the card is centered around The Elite/SuperKliq, so having a fresh faced credible main eventer with none of those strings would be awesome.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Horatio said:

Man, what a lot of Will Ospreay hate. I understand he may be a tad Peter-Pan out there, but come on, it's Peter-Pan! Best thing since Spriggan! Dangerous!

also, Spriggan.

Darby Allin is their goth Peter Pan. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Horatio said:

also, Spriggan.

The Ospreay hate always feels a little more like irrational backlash against the Meltzer standard, and his place on the card, than actual hate. Similar to how some ppl can’t help but make less than compelling arguments against Omega and the Bucks.  That said, I can’t for the life of me stay focused on any Will Ospreay match I’ve seen over the passed year.  Tho, I do attribute some to repetitive NJPW fatigue.  I like Will, but would like to see him the other side of working a hard nosed Fit Finlay (extra snug version) for a long while.  But who wouldn’t benefit from that.  

5 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

There's a special place in hell for the game designers who thought the best way to do a wrestling move in a wrestling game was to pull off MK-style combos.  "Oh, I need to hit toward, toward, square, triangle to do a scoop slam?  Awesome!"

WWF War Zone was my first wrestling game. I was 13. Yep. Those fuckin' combos.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Will Ospreay is the cringiest person in pro wrestling by a long shot. I cannot ever get emotionally invested in his matches because he's such a dink.

Yeah, again, this is Keith Lee for me. Except I like some of his stuff, I guess. Different kind of cringe?

If Killer Kross is some teenage edgelord’s efed character, then Keith Lee is some teenage dweeb’s efed character.

Dude was quoting Star Wars, while wearing a Pikachu hat, and a Dragonball shirt. I mean… goddamn. That’s the trifecta.

Edited by Casey
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Casey said:

Yeah, again, this is Keith Lee for me. Except I like some of his stuff, I guess. Different kind of cringe?

Keith Lee has a lot of upside, I think I just missed where being completely and utterly smug became something that people cheer for? If he turned heel, he would not have to change a thing about his personality, just get someone else to come out and tell him to shut up.

I do realize though, there may be a beastly side of Keith Lee that we have not really seen and the potential within a Keith Lee heel turn is great.

Just finished Full Gear 2021 and even watching it over 3 days, I'm still spent. Wow, that was so good. Everything was so good, but there's no way you can watch this from start to finish and not have your brain melt in the process. But this way, you can't beat this level of product!

• Like 6