DVDVR Message Board

AEW - FEB 2022

The Natural

9 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Ooof...Well, here's one of the possibilities...

Reveal hidden contents

I'm not putting the video up on here, but there's one up on r/sc where Scarlett and Kross are at a signing and Scarlett lets it slip about Kross being in Atlantic City on Wednesday and Kross stops in his tracks, looks at Scarlett, and is like, dude, what the fuck?

I think that person sucks and there isn't really anything special to them. If I were to guess though, we'll get three debuts on Wednesday. The person in the spoiler, Lee, and let's just throw in Jay White for shits and giggles.

Well that guy has a match in GCW coming up in AC as well, so hopefully it's that.

54 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Yes 57 year old Steve Austin with a neck so bad he retired in 2003 will be showing up to wrestling one of Private Party in a Ladder Match. You cracked the code.

This is what I am talking about. There's a framework here that needs to be worked in. The person is in a ladder match Wednesday. It's not a 60 year old megastar that retired 20 years ago. Let's make some guesses back here on earth please lol.

It's Yokozuna and he'll join the Hart Foundation.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 9

I have no idea why you are spoilering Killer Kross' name since I literally already put it in the Meltzer post

Side note - Kross has been announced (along with Braun Strowman) for two of EC3's "Free the Narrative" events in March. So most of his nonsense probably revolves around them.

9 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I have no idea why you are spoilering Killer Kross' name since I literally already put it in the Meltzer post

Side note - Kross has been announced (along with Braun Strowman) for two of EC3's "Free the Narrative" events in March. So most of his nonsense probably revolves around them.

To be fair, I don't think I saw the Meltzer post you're referring to and I didn't want to spoil anything for anyone.

But as long as it isn't Kross, I'm cool with that. That guy doesn't add anything to the roster and the ideas of inserting him into the House of Black just dilutes how cool Black and King are on their own.

• Like 1

On interviews, he seems like a really nice and intelligent guy, but every time I've seen him on TV I can't stop thinking that this guy is such an edgelord dork. He is some 14 year old's CAW brought to life. 

The only time I thought he could really work out was on the WWE main roster since Kross is so presentation heavy. And even then Vince of all people was like, naw, fuck this guy, let's fuck with his gimmick until we cut him. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

Ooof...Well, here's one of the possibilities...

Reveal hidden contents

I'm not putting the video up on here, but there's one up on r/sc where Scarlett and Kross are at a signing and Scarlett lets it slip about Kross being in Atlantic City on Wednesday and Kross stops in his tracks, looks at Scarlett, and is like, dude, what the fuck?

I think that person sucks and there isn't really anything special to them. If I were to guess though, we'll get three debuts on Wednesday. The person in the spoiler, Lee, and let's just throw in Jay White for shits and giggles.

Odds are that happened at that Celebfest thing I went to.  I saw him there with his hair grown out which is just too weird for my liking.  But yeah I think he's a fine enough guy though not at all for AEW.

Now I was initially thinking Jay White because he was there as well.  So putting two and together I figured he would make the trek up from Glen Burnie and be the surprise entrant.  That is of course before I knew about his commitments so I'm just going to put all this in the "Won't fully believe it until I see them on TV" pile.

1 hour ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Yes 57 year old Steve Austin with a neck so bad he retired in 2003 will be showing up to wrestling one of Private Party in a Ladder Match. You cracked the code.

This is what I am talking about. There's a framework here that needs to be worked in. The person is in a ladder match Wednesday. It's not a 60 year old megastar that retired 20 years ago. Let's make some guesses back here on earth please lol.

I didn't see the part about the ladder match. All I saw was there was a big signing and nothing about the performer being an active talent.  My bad. 

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Kross has been announced (along with Braun Strowman) for two of EC3's "Free the Narrative" events in March.

I really appreciate them saving me time and effort by booking all the big choads I could not care less about all on one show to make it easier for me to avoid them.  If EC3, Strowman, and Kross  were each separately working for companies I actually watched, that's at least three separate instances of fast forwarding and that's just a pain. 

• Like 1

Keith Lee should be the favorite because he has AEW World Champ written all over him. Everything about him screams top guy.

I like Kross more than most, but I don't see him as top singles guy in AEW. Kross and Scarlett could round out the House of Black nicely, but I'd rather see Julia Hart get that opportunity to see what she can really do in a non-jobber setting.

Gargano is a guy who would get lost in the fold very quickly, but I wouldn't mind Andrade bringing him in as a "business partner" where he could use his comedic talents to take over Matt Hardy's role, while Matt goes on his nostalgia trip with Jeff.

• Like 1

Keith and Mia are supposedly working fans on Twitter by posting old pics as their honeymoon. Reddit sleuths already deducted that Keith’s beard and Mia’s nails are vastly different from their wedding and Mia’s Twitch stream last night ?

Also was that Killer Kross thing not at some Highspots virtual signing? And did I miss a GCW announcement where he’s wrestling for them?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

Kross and Scarlett could round out the House of Black nicely, but I'd rather see Julia Hart get that opportunity to see what she can really do in a non-jobber setting.

HoB don’t need “known” guys right now. They need guys still trying to make a name for themselves. Either somebody from the indies that hasn’t appeared yet, or people like Alan Angels, and 10.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

Calling it now. Will Ospreay comes in on Wednesday, beats Kassidy, signs an AEW contract, trashes NJPW for stripping him of the title a while back and starts a kayfabe AEW vs NJPW storyline that culminates in an AEW/NJPW joint show later in the year.

Or White and they finally do the Bullet Club vs Elite fued they've been teasing for over a year. I mean there has to be a reason he keeps mentioning AEW and wrestling AEW contracted wrestler in the US of Jay storyline. 

25 minutes ago, wpdougie2180 said:

Calling it now. Will Ospreay comes in on Wednesday, beats Kassidy, signs an AEW contract, trashes NJPW for stripping him of the title a while back and starts a kayfabe AEW vs NJPW storyline that culminates in an AEW/NJPW joint show later in the year.

Or White and they finally do the Bullet Club vs Elite fued they've been teasing for over a year. I mean there has to be a reason he keeps mentioning AEW and wrestling AEW contracted wrestler in the US of Jay storyline. 

Bold predictions. I hope it’s something huge but I’m coming in with very low expectations and the assumption it’s Keith Lee, which is awesome enough.

I like how TK said “I have created some debate about what it means to open the forbidden door…”

Matt925: The sky is red

Everyone: No it isn’t 

Matt925: I have created some debate about

• Haha 4

31 minutes ago, Jiji said:

If it's Keith Lee, this means we get to hear his old theme of him rapping, right? That shit ruled. 

What are the chances that someone like Evolve had rights to it or got rights to it and now those belong to WWE?