DVDVR Message Board

AEW - FEB 2022

The Natural

Whoever it is, please spare us the cliche “I was overlooked up north Brother” promo. “‘I’m free now.” “The boys in the back up there would be here with me if they could.” “It feels great to join the best WRESTLING COMPANY in the world.”

I’m good without all that.

Edited by For Great Justice
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kafkonia said:

Yes! Have him cut a promo on himself as EVP holding himself as a performer down.

So Codys endgame is that he's having multiple personalities? Some face, some heel, some inbetween. Evil authority figure, smarky meta-wrestler, plucky underdog, cocky rich tv star, pretentious self-obsessed artist, down to earth grandson of a plummer. That would kinda explain his last few months.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, MrKothoga said:

So Codys endgame is that he's having multiple personalities? Some face, some heel, some inbetween. Evil authority figure, smarky meta-wrestler, plucky underdog, cocky rich tv star, pretentious self-obsessed artist, down to earth grandson of a plummer. That would kinda explain his last few months.

The endgame is John Cusak discovering the portal into the Codyverse that dumps you out on the Jersey Turnpike

• Haha 11

4 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I somehow forgot Samoa Joe exists, if he wants to get back into wrestling (don't know his non-compete status since NXT can be different from main roster) he'd be a good pick.

I think Joe's no compete actually ended today.

10 hours ago, Phil Schneider said:

I kind of think it is Ali, and I am pretty sure Tony Khan wouldn't do it unless very good lawyers told him he could.

The bitter former WWE fan in me would absolutely love this, and I absolutely love Ali as a person from what I know about him on the surface level. He can really go in the ring also, and would thrive with all of the great AEW workers. Man though, even if TK has the legal back-up to pull this is off, not sure if it's worth it to open Pandora's Box like this (though I'd argue Ali is actuallty talented enough to do it with). I've disagreed with posters about how attractive WWE will be for AEW's key guys at contract time (assuming that AEW pays remotely close to market rate). but also do not want to outright invite the fox into the henhouse. Cause if TK tries pulling this off, WWE will be do their damndest to pull a big name AEW guy the opposite way no matter their current contract status.

12 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

The endgame is John Cusak discovering the portal into the Codyverse that dumps you out on the Jersey Turnpike

Spoiler

Slow Clap Applause GIF - Citizen Kane Orson Welles Slow Clap - Discover &  Share GIFs

I mean that would be perfect. The Codyverse restaurant can have Stardust, masked handsome Cody, dyejob American Nightmare, all of them. Surely someone out there (possibly on this board) wants to see Cody with tits. 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Haha 1

As promised, I just purhased AEW Full Gear 2021 replay from FITE. I still need 4 more credits so I can get All Out 2021 as well.

...also, a question for anyone else using the FITE app. My replay is showing close caption/subtitles and it is really bugging me. Do you know if there's a way to turn these off? I couldn't find settings or whatever to get rid of them. Any idea? They are getting in the way of the action and giving me a literal headache.

Edited by Shartnado
F'n close caption!

I'm busy for one weekend and when I come back I see some of the most absurd theories about the new signing. John Cena? SHANE MCMAHON? Currently under contract Ali? Any woman being in a ladder match against Isiah Kassidy? You guys. LOL. Settle down. I get why TK hypes things the way he does (trying to get people who only watch sporadically to tune in) but it makes the fandom go crazy.

Like when he hyped a hall of fame worthy guy (Christian) and people were mad it wasn't Cena or Batista or CM Punk. This debut is either going to be Kieth Lee, Jay White or someone there abouts. It's not Hogan to WCW. It's not a fight against the entire independent contractor classification (although I wish). It's not Vince McMahon's son. It's not almost certainly currently under a contract Lita shooting on the Saudis.

Bring those expectations back to earth please.

1 minute ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

I'm busy for one weekend and when I come back I see some of the most absurd theories about the new signing. John Cena? SHANE MCMAHON? Currently under contract Ali? Any woman being in a ladder match against Isiah Kassidy? You guys. LOL. Settle down. I get why TK hypes things the way he does (trying to get people who only watch sporadically to tune in) but it makes the fandom go crazy.

Like when he hyped a hall of fame worthy guy (Christian) and people were mad it wasn't Cena or Batista or CM Punk. This debut is either going to be Kieth Lee, Jay White or someone there abouts. It's not Hogan to WCW. It's not a fight against the entire independent contractor classification (although I wish). It's not Vince McMahon's son. It's not almost certainly currently under a contract Lita shooting on the Saudis.

Bring those expectations back to earth please.

Hologram Lou Thesz it is.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
20 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Hologram Lou Thesz it is.

Hold on, let's be realistic.

Hologram Lou Thesz introducing Mark Fleming. Who then wrestles Kassidy to a draw.

Shane, let's go! 

You know what would be neat? If all the Brandon Cutler bullying went somewhere with him leaving the camera on and Cole chirps the Bucks or Omega "off camera" like Shane did with Big Show in 2000 bit without a camera operator standing clearly right there. Dude could say it was an accident but it not be. 

• Like 1