DVDVR Message Board

AEW - FEB 2022

The Natural

1 hour ago, Death From Above said:

It's obviously bullshit but "Shane McMahon Is All Elite" is trending on twitter and that's fucking funny.

TK is literally that Evil Kermit meme right now.

Me - I’m not going to hire Shane McMahon

Also Me - Maybe I should reach out to him. What the hell.

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I kept getting Kendrick and Matt Sydal mixed up. 

After this week I don't think that will be a problem. 

I hear a lot of people complaining that why are they exposing this now.  At least for me it is because frankly I had no interest in listening to anything Kendrick after that one Highspots shoot with London where it was clear that they was fucked up on something.  That might have been one of his other excuses to others.  but some of these videos coming out especially the Holocaust ones you can't use that excuse

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

looking forward to Brian Kendrick facing Luchasaurus in a "if Luchasaurus loses, he cannot shapeshift anymore" match

How is that an alternate theory for why no one brought it up before?

Meltzer implied today that WWE did it right before he was about to debut in AEW.

Meltzer also said Brock Lesnar has said a lot of comparatively bad stuff before but gets away with it because he's Brock Lesnar. Not sure what Meltzer is referring to exactly. The most controversial things I recall Lesnar openly talking about before were some of his conservative political views. I think once about healthcare that I recall Jim Rome took exception to or commented on once when Lesnar was still fighting in UFC. 

Edited by TheVileOne

I’m going to Dynamite next week and I’m conflicted. I get to see a world title gimmick match, but I have to endure what’s shaping up to be a lengthy and bloated Inner Circle segment. Maybe I’ll get to see Mox and Dragon form the New Main Event Mafia, so at least there’s that. 

• Like 4

Brock lives in our world now.  He had best straighten up and fly right with his healthcare policies in Brockland.  Universal healthcare is nothing to fear or fear monger over.

As far as Brock’s problem with LGBTQ+ goes - I am sure he has some wiggle room in his hardline beliefs.

He probably has no problem with that PG Playboy Sable and Torrie did together.  Unless they intended a creepier implied Mother/Daughter photoshoot the implied Sable/Torrie issue is a fave fantasy on Brock’s loneliest hunting trips in Saskatchewan.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Meltzer implied today that WWE did it right before he was about to debut in AEW.

Could've sworn Meltzer brought it up as something they would've done in the past, but that there wasn't much logic to blaming them in this scenario.  

I don't really use Twitter much anymore but always check Hangman's tweets from time to time because he's hilarious. He ends most of his threads by promoting Dynamite which kills me.

Btw I don't know why but Twitter posts never seem to embed properly for me, is it just pasting the link onto the post?

hangman-2

hangman-1

Edited by eikerir
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

During the Punk/MJF match, JR  brought up both men's records and I can't remember the numbers, but they weren't like 1-1 or something.  They included last year's numbers, which is incorrect, right?

Which made me think of another issue with AEW "resetting" rankings at year end.  Shouldn't every wrestler be fighting hard for a December title shot so all their hard work throughout the year isn't negated?  Like I'd be pissed if I fought all year and was like 25-2 but couldn't get a title shot in time.  They should lean into this and do some sort of 10 man, woman and team fuckfests in November with each division's top 10 for the year, winners get the last shot at the belts before the reset.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 5