DVDVR Message Board

AEW - FEB 2022

The Natural

7 hours ago, Casey said:

Apparently Riho has a broken collarbone, and it happened pretty early in the title match versus Britt Baker.

Saw the photo she posted and someone mentioned the broken collarbone, but not that part of it. Damn!

Pretty good episode of Dark tonight. Marina Shafir vs Reka Tehaka was an impressive little match. Shafir comes across as the women's division's answer to Drew Gulak and Tehaka had some nice looking strikes of her own. Give them a rematch. Bear Country vs Sydal/Martin was a fun spotfest. Moriarty got some time in the spotlight.

Edit: Whoops, wrong thread.

Edited by Hector
Wrong thread
  • Like 1

Thread isn’t made yet, but Brian Kendrick is facing Jon Moxley tomorrow night on Dynamite. Makes sense due to the Danielson feud incoming with Mox, and Kendrick finally being let go from WWE like he wanted.

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

So why exactly is Anthony Ogogo billed as from "The East of England" and not a specific town? Did he move around a lot growing up?

It might be a bit of an in-joke. He's literally from the easternmost point of the entire island.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Casey said:

Thread isn’t made yet, but Brian Kendrick is facing Jon Moxley tomorrow night on Dynamite. Makes sense due to the Danielson feud incoming with Mox, and Kendrick finally being let go from WWE like he wanted.

That is awesome, but it is going to exacerbate one of my biggest AEW commentary pet peeves: Excalibur calling it the Sliced Bread instead of the Sliced Bread #2.

The #2 is the whole joke!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, tbarrie said:

So why exactly is Anthony Ogogo billed as from "The East of England" and not a specific town? Did he move around a lot growing up?

He's from Lowestoft. Like Lil' Chris (RIP) and The Darkness. It's not really a cool person place to be from.

2 hours ago, Casey said:

Here's the announcement/graphic:

Nice!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Zimbra said:

That is awesome, but it is going to exacerbate one of my biggest AEW commentary pet peeves: Excalibur calling it the Sliced Bread instead of the Sliced Bread #2.

I mean, "shiranui" is right there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AxB said:

He's from Lowestoft. Like Lil' Chris (RIP) and The Darkness. It's not really a cool person place to be from.

So you could say it’s so uncool it’s the Lowest oft the low?

Ill see myself out.

Maybe Justin Roberts took one look at the town name and went “nope, not pronouncing that every other week, east of England it is”

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta
3 hours ago, RunningFromAmerica said:

Can't be worse than Kings Lynn surely?

At least Roberts could pronounce that as King's Line to jazz it up a bit. 

8 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Every Cutter is a Stunner, a Code Red is always a Destroyer, etc. The move calling is so awful all around. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ultimo Necro said:

So you could say it’s so uncool it’s the Lowest oft the low?

Ill see myself out.

Maybe Justin Roberts took one look at the town name and went “nope, not pronouncing that every other week, east of England it is”

Consider how much trouble he had just with "Norwich, Norfolk". And that's easy. It's just Norritch, Nor-fuk.

If AEW actually gets Kris Cyborg in for a match, that would be an interesting way to shit on WWE having Ronda. Although Kris is the fighter Ronda ducked, whereas Amanda Nunes is the fighter who beat her (and also beat Kris, for that amtter).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AxB said:

Consider how much trouble he had just with "Norwich, Norfolk". And that's easy. It's just Norritch, Nor-fuk.

Which is interesting because Roberts seemed to manage Gorleston alright for Kip and that's only 20 mins down the road from Lowie and arguably harder to pronounce. The whole Nor-foke / Nor-fuk debacle though can be blamed on Virginia and Michael Cole respectively.

Edited by Leonidas

6 hours ago, MoeCristyV.1.6 said:

Every Cutter is a Stunner, a Code Red is always a Destroyer, etc. The move calling is so awful all around. 

I've noticed the destroyer thing, but I feel like he does call plenty of cutters.

The only other thing that really bothers me is his overuse of 'tijeras'

• Like 2