DVDVR Message Board

February 2022 Wrestling GIFS and Pics.

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
25 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Has anyone ever seen this before? It's such an awesome choke.

vQJjRm.gif

Hawk used it to make Jimmy Garvin submit in the War Games match at Great American Bash 1989.

1 minute ago, Stefanie the Human said:

Hawk used it to make Jimmy Garvin submit in the War Games match at Great American Bash 1989.

Up underneath the ropes like that? I am not sure I’ve seen that War Games in a decade or two, but having two rings could lead to one doing that.

Just now, Matt D said:

Up underneath the ropes like that? I am not sure I’ve seen that War Games in a decade or two, but having two rings could lead to one doing that.

Not under the ropes like that, but everything up to the ropes part, definitely.

Just now, Matt D said:

Got it. It’s the under the ropes part that I popped for since that’s the bit I’d never seen.

Gotcha! That part is unique for sure, can't say I've seen that before.

The pre-rope part has been, I believe, referred to as a "hangman/hangman submission/hangman choke", often done as a  (sorta) back-to-back cravat over one shoulder, with the hands around the victim's jaw and chin to avoid being considered a choke. "It's the same but different" - Tommy Chong. I do dig the use of the ropes.

Hey, me use interWeb goodly now! This is what I was thinking of...

WWWF MSG 10/20/80, Rick McGraw (RIP, who was always over for a generic enhancement baby, and the first face of excessive steroid use for me and my pals) vs. The Hangman (Neil Guay)

Edited by thee Reverend Axl Future
so many facts, facts in tubes, runnin' wild daddy
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Ryan said:

New Japan approaching some surprising new genres of entertainment to broaden their appeal.

crs_338554_8.jpg

Seems that BDSM aesthetic stuff is all the rage this week:

FMFXofQWQAAHEx0?format=jpg&name=900x900

This was how they responded to the Saudi request that they not show much skin, is it?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2