DVDVR Message Board

February 2022 Wrestling GIFS and Pics.

22 minutes ago, cwoy2j said:

If Orton never made it to the WWF, he definitely would've been one of those seemingly 800 early-mid 00s Indie wrestlers who used Headstrong by Trapt as his entrance music.

Add a frayed visor baseball cap it’s all Dave Mathew’s Band fan.  

Damn, he looks like he’d just bogart all the joints.  Every time.

Somehow I doubt me and Orton could be pals.  Me with all my good taste.  Him with all that him.  It just can’t be.

• Like 2

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
1 hour ago, cwoy2j said:

If Orton never made it to the WWF, he definitely would've been one of those seemingly 800 early-mid 00s Indie wrestlers who used Headstrong by Trapt as his entrance music.

Thanks. I really needed that flashback this morning. If anyone needs me I'll be involuntarily shaking under my desk.

3 hours ago, Brandon Bones said:

Damn, he looks like he’d just bogart all the joints.  Every time.

Somehow I doubt me and Orton could be pals.  Me with all my good taste.  Him with all that him.  It just can’t be.

Randy Rohypnol. Not a baseball cap, an upside down visor. Huge fan of Crazy Town. Has to take off his hoops to wrestle.

• Haha 4

Wait, is that why Vince would always do the "One, two, three, he got got him! Wait, no he didn't!"? Or was that already a thing before then.

Anyway, new time travel concept. Put Ruthless Agression era Vince in the back with the headset mic, and Hogan era Vince on commentary. See how long he puts up with himself and his bizarre rules.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

All he needs is frosted tips, shiny tights and some kind of overly-complicated pumphandle facebuster finisher that he fucks up like 70% of the time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, JLowe said:

Randy Rohypnol. Not a baseball cap, an upside down visor. Huge fan of Crazy Town. Has to take off his hoops to wrestle.

Except he's never heard of Crazy Town, he just LOVES that song "Butterfly"...

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

29 minutes ago, Horatio said:

Except he's never heard of Crazy Town, he just LOVES that song "Butterfly"...

6 hours ago, Brandon Bones said:

2 hours ago, JLowe said:

This is all akin to "he who smelt it, dealt it".  So thanks for sharing your musical tastes with us. 

29 minutes ago, Peck said:

This is all akin to "he who smelt it, dealt it".  So thanks for sharing your musical tastes with us. 

You got me there, I don't even know what album "Butterfly" is from. And I'll spare y'all my thesis as to why "Butterfly" is a great song, but it is. It just is...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

I’ve heard this was also the night that one of my cousins was really unhappy that Hulk lost in this fashion.

This was fucking HUGE for me.  I came in on the MTV wave.  Between that and Hulks guest spot on The A Team.  I found my way in to wrestling.  Hogan at the point was a god level character.  Invincible.

When Andre won… for me anyway.   The world became a completely different place.  Hogan had been champion the entirety of my fandom at that point.  I don’t recall if I had predicted a winner prior to February 5th 1988.  But I had no clue what was coming.  The image of the two near identical yet familiar referees (Dave Hebner was a name and face I knew among WWFs refs) gave me what was probably my first hallucinogenic experience.  I would have more legitimate ones in the years to come.  

Plus that Hebner bump up the aisle was Hell in a Cell worthy in the pantheon of moves where I was sure somebody died.  

What do you want?  I was 12.  ?

When Hogan cried about plastic surgery?  I considered this a plausible explanation.  

I was pretty mad that I didn’t get to see the Hart Foundation match as the show went off the air too.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Peck said:

That’s why I didn’t say Sugar Ray as I actually like them.