DVDVR Message Board

February 2022 Discussion of Wrestling.

2 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

Wonder how that happened?!

Some sort of conspiracy I’d imagine.

Look, he said some grossly offensive stuff on camera which is on the internet forever.  TK is 100% right to remove him, it’s his show.

TK isn’t booking Hogan or Flair either, because they too have said and did dumb and gross shit.

TK also took Sammy & Caster of off TV for saying and posting dumb shit.

Its the world we live in, you live and die by your words.

Who knows what might happen, if he goes to sensitivity training and apologises, he might get a shot. We don’t know yet.

Unless you are either Kendrick, or his biggest fan I don’t see what the loss is anyway. He hasn’t been on TV in forever.  I was pretty, meh, about it in the first place. Give someone already on the roster a shot.

• Like 9

not his biggest fan. But Was looking forward to the match and the potential match with Danielson.  Now we likely won't get them.  See Ultimo's post. He didn't bring shit up about Brit Baker are talk down as if he were a god. He made a perfectly rational post and stated his views. I agree with him on most of this.  Castor and Sammy came back. I am hoping Brian gets the same chance. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

lmao go off. Really?   I said I do not agree with his comments but you read what you wanted to read. You saw what you wanted to see.  He has his opinion and he said it. Do we have to like it?  Fuck no.  But let's just cancel everyone. Isn't that the goal John?  What will you do when something bad comes out about Cody?  Will you cancel him too?  Curious. 

Yes, if Cody denies the holocaust he gets to go to free speech jail. Not sure what you think you're proving. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

What I am proving is I bet that every single person on this site has said something horrible that someone else wouldn't agree with. They would find offensive.  But would you cancel them all?  Cancel culture has become a joke. But hey we have a new season of South Park. Maybe they can do an episode on it.

I won't name names since a lot of you don't seem to like when I do but I can tell you at least 4 people on tonight's show have made homophobic comments on a live mic while on the indy's.  Some of you probably can name them right off. Comments worse or just as bad as what Kendrick said. Remember CZW and IWA-MS?   

You'd think if the WWE was doing a Mariel Boatlift of trying to drop shitty dudes on AEW, they wouldn't have dropped the bomb so early on the first guy

It feels like "Kendrick was a mole for the WWE" is a more viable conspiracy theory than trying to say that internet people (some who are very anti-WWE) were astroturfed by the WWE

1 minute ago, Spontaneous said:

Oh no, not Leonardo Spanky!

the sad part is it was all out there. Everyone knew he was like this. Hell even London had told people he dissociates from Kendrick because of things like this. Tony would have swept this under the rug if someone didn't make a huge fuss online. I'd bet this crowd would have popped for Kendrick had he worked the match. 

1 minute ago, Sammo~! said:

Look man, all I'm saying is holocaust deniers shouldn't have jobs. 

I am not a denier at all. It's a horrible, horrible take. But everyone deserves the chance to make money. I honestly agree with you Sammo it's a bad take.  But the sad truth is there are so many people with the same beliefs as Kendrick. Could be a co-worker, could be a neighbor, could be a teacher at your kids school. It sucks but it's true.   I am not defending the guy I am simply saying for Tony to keep him off tv but keep other guys who have said and done worse is absolute shit.  For Tony Khan to act like he didn't know about Kendrick is just as insane. The guy things half of the country are aliens for fucks sake.  

so it's cool then for all the time's AJ Styles has called someone a "Faggot' because he did it many, many times.  Prejudice is prejudice right?  I'm just going off of some of the comments here.

Would you employ someone who casually called people "faggot" on a show with children in audience?

AJ never apologized as those were his beliefs.  Kendrick is out there in his own world and I don't see him apologizing either. 

22 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

I am of a school where I don't believe people should suffer because of their personal opinions. 

"Pineapple doesn't belong on pizza" is an opinion. "JEWS STEAL EYEBALLS" IS NOT

I honestly agree with you Sammo it's a bad take.

It's not a bad take, it's fucking false. I was joking around, but you actually don't understand the difference between fact and opinion.

Edited by Dog
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I didn't hear about the "eyeballs" comment?   Is there something in full published of what all was said?

If there was more I honestly didn't see it and I will apologize to you guys.   All I heard was of him saying something to the lines of "history is written by the winners of wars and sometimes those opinions aren't the right ones"   

5 minutes ago, Dog said:

"Pineapple doesn't belong on pizza" is an opinion. "JEWS STEAL EYEBALLS" IS NOT

Yeah, holy shit guys. I DID NOT know he said all of this. I honest to god apologize to all of you. I was in the wrong on this one and yeah he shouldn't be in a ring. He needs help. Jesus guys I had no clue there was this much said.  Again I apologize.