DVDVR Message Board

Elimination Chamber XII - 2/19/2022

Dolfan in NYC

I will say something nice - Rousey rocking a judo gi (same one she wore when she Bronze'd?), during an Olympics, in a country that won its only solo Olympic medal in the last 20 years in a gi-based sport, is a savvy way to get around the clothing restriction. 

Plus it makes the inevitable Gender Oppression Costume MEGAPAK DLC more appealing.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Oh and hey @Blue Dragon. Don't post mid show.  

The sad thing is that I assume the rule is intended to prevent a bunch of posts/Twitterfication of the board that would needlessly increase the cost of running the board or cause it to crash but at this point it's probably not even necessary because so few people even seem to care about WWE "Premium Events" to post about them at all.

Edit: Please don't interpret this as an argument to remove said rule.

Edited by sabremike
  • Like 1

If you were on the Raw roster, why would you even show up to work at this point? And would anyone even notice if you didn’t? There’s nothing for any of those guys to do until after Mania at the earliest.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

36 minutes ago, just drew said:

If you were on the Raw roster, why would you even show up to work at this point? And would anyone even notice if you didn’t? There’s nothing for any of those guys to do until after Mania at the earliest.

What about Veer? They had plans for him.

6 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I feel like that is a distinction most don't make and kind of comes across as cheap in this case.

It's not wrong though. I also don't think it's just who he's beating, but how.

The Lesnar/Kofi thing was a fucking disaster. A one move squash followed by Lesnar moving to RAW and Kofi being left in the dirt.

Beating Big E and taking the title from Lashley here just feels... off.

Lesnar doesn't need the title. His story with Roman works just fine without it.

If they want to unify the belts there are much better ways to go about it but, as we know, only Charlotte, Becky, Roman & Lesnar get any kind of protection with how they are booked.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

Lesnar doesn't need the title. His story with Roman works just fine without it.

Honestly, I'd rather Lesnar just not be around at this point. He is entertaining, but they drop all common sense and leave everyone screwed over whenever he is around. 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Honestly, I'd rather Lesnar just not be around at this point. He is entertaining, but they drop all common sense and leave everyone screwed over whenever he is around. 

Like Mox said: there's no point being there (WWE) if Vince is just gonna let Brock come in and ruin his company. 

I truly hope guys like AJ Styles, Owens, Zayn and Orton are enjoying the fruits of their labor. I mean that sincerely. If you're at your place of employment purely for the paycheck, I hope the paycheck is big enough to buy you and your family all the things you want...

• Like 1

Again (and I know this has been said before) but it actually really isn't about Brock (this time) - it is building Brock up for Reigns to beat him.

They have decided that they want Reigns vs Brock to be the "biggest" match it can possibly be for Mania which for them was Champion vs Champion

Notice they have now started talking about Reigns in the same breathe as the lengthy title runs of Hogan and Backlund and Pedro and Bruno. The one thing they are already focused on is Mania next year and Reigns vs. Rock... which is really amusing considering the Rock's schedule could totally blow that out of the water.

If say they had gotten Batista for a short run (to randomly pick another big name) - they could/would easily run the same exact story line with him in the Brock role.

HOWEVER - where it does become about Brock is if Mania isn't Title vs Title - because if Brock is still (whatever Title is on RAW) Champ after Mania and he fucks off till facing Lashley at Summerslam - then we are back to the usual Brock bullshit we have sat through were everyone else on the roster is just twiddling their thumbs.

• Like 3

There had to be a better way of getting to Title v Title that didn't include Big E being pinned & never getting a rematch followed by Lashley eating a visual pin and then not actually defending the title.

How did they plan on getting to Title v Title if Roman was healthy at Day 1?

Just for evidence for the "Roman's COVID was a work" line of thinking.

This is some dying days of WCW, 2002 text E-Fed, BS booking.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

There had to be a better way of getting to Title v Title that didn't include Big E being pinned & never getting a rematch followed by Lashley eating a visual pin and then not actually defending the title.

How did they plan on getting to Title v Title if Roman was healthy at Day 1?

Just for evidence for the "Roman's COVID was a work" line of thinking.

This is some dying days of WCW, 2002 text E-Fed, BS booking.

Vince had the good sense to build his golden parachute before turning into dogshit. The next owners are gonna have a real problem on their hands…

• Like 1

One of the weakest SaudiManias overall. And no Mansoor!! Both Chambers were pretty short. Thought Lita looked great, probably fav match. Knew she wasn't winning but the Litasault was a great near fall even if it was quickly blown off for the finish. Lita had said she didn't have any more bookings after this but I'd like to see her do more. 

Both the WWE Championship and WWE Universal Championship will be on the line in Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns at WrestleMania XXXVIII:

WWE Champion Brock Lesnar vs. Universal Champion Roman Reigns (Winner Take All)

The table has been set. 2022 Royal Rumble winner and WWE Champion Brock Lesnar has chosen to battle Roman Reigns in a Title vs. Title Match. It's WINNER TAKE ALL in a highly anticipated rematch at WrestleMania.

https://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/wrestlemania-38/roman-reigns-vs-brock-lesnar

"Highly anticipated." Hah. I still don't care as Lesnar/Reigns has been done too many times and the same applies to Suplex City.

Edited by The Natural

I have no idea who Madcap Moss is but he should have watched Forever Hardcore and learned from Pitbull Anthony not deciding to go "pancake flat" on Shane Douglas' DDT to the ECW title. 

EDIT: Oops, that would be Pitbull Gary not Pitbull Anthony. Who is apparently still working and is a head trainer at CZW's academy. 

Edited by Curt McGirt

I watched everything from the Women's chamber match on. It was nice to see them allowing the women to have some style and flair in their body suits this time around. Ronda in her judo gi was a nice touch for her match.

I thought the dumbest part of the show was having The Uso's attack The Viking Raiders. 18 hours of flying for all that. 

The mens chamber match was interesting. I loved when Brock said fuck it and just kicked his way out of the cell. I thought it was lame that they did Bobby in like that, but if he's gonna be out with shoulder surgery I guess it's the best way to keep him strong since no one pinned him.