DVDVR Message Board

Elimination Chamber XII - 2/19/2022

Dolfan in NYC

16 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

Lesnar doesn't need the title. His story with Roman works just fine without it.

Honestly, I'd rather Lesnar just not be around at this point. He is entertaining, but they drop all common sense and leave everyone screwed over whenever he is around. 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Honestly, I'd rather Lesnar just not be around at this point. He is entertaining, but they drop all common sense and leave everyone screwed over whenever he is around. 

Like Mox said: there's no point being there (WWE) if Vince is just gonna let Brock come in and ruin his company. 

I truly hope guys like AJ Styles, Owens, Zayn and Orton are enjoying the fruits of their labor. I mean that sincerely. If you're at your place of employment purely for the paycheck, I hope the paycheck is big enough to buy you and your family all the things you want...

• Like 1

Again (and I know this has been said before) but it actually really isn't about Brock (this time) - it is building Brock up for Reigns to beat him.

They have decided that they want Reigns vs Brock to be the "biggest" match it can possibly be for Mania which for them was Champion vs Champion

Notice they have now started talking about Reigns in the same breathe as the lengthy title runs of Hogan and Backlund and Pedro and Bruno. The one thing they are already focused on is Mania next year and Reigns vs. Rock... which is really amusing considering the Rock's schedule could totally blow that out of the water.

If say they had gotten Batista for a short run (to randomly pick another big name) - they could/would easily run the same exact story line with him in the Brock role.

HOWEVER - where it does become about Brock is if Mania isn't Title vs Title - because if Brock is still (whatever Title is on RAW) Champ after Mania and he fucks off till facing Lashley at Summerslam - then we are back to the usual Brock bullshit we have sat through were everyone else on the roster is just twiddling their thumbs.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

There had to be a better way of getting to Title v Title that didn't include Big E being pinned & never getting a rematch followed by Lashley eating a visual pin and then not actually defending the title.

How did they plan on getting to Title v Title if Roman was healthy at Day 1?

Just for evidence for the "Roman's COVID was a work" line of thinking.

This is some dying days of WCW, 2002 text E-Fed, BS booking.

Vince had the good sense to build his golden parachute before turning into dogshit. The next owners are gonna have a real problem on their hands…

• Like 1

One of the weakest SaudiManias overall. And no Mansoor!! Both Chambers were pretty short. Thought Lita looked great, probably fav match. Knew she wasn't winning but the Litasault was a great near fall even if it was quickly blown off for the finish. Lita had said she didn't have any more bookings after this but I'd like to see her do more. 

Both the WWE Championship and WWE Universal Championship will be on the line in Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns at WrestleMania XXXVIII:

WWE Champion Brock Lesnar vs. Universal Champion Roman Reigns (Winner Take All)

The table has been set. 2022 Royal Rumble winner and WWE Champion Brock Lesnar has chosen to battle Roman Reigns in a Title vs. Title Match. It's WINNER TAKE ALL in a highly anticipated rematch at WrestleMania.

https://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/wrestlemania-38/roman-reigns-vs-brock-lesnar

"Highly anticipated." Hah. I still don't care as Lesnar/Reigns has been done too many times and the same applies to Suplex City.

Edited by The Natural

I have no idea who Madcap Moss is but he should have watched Forever Hardcore and learned from Pitbull Anthony not deciding to go "pancake flat" on Shane Douglas' DDT to the ECW title. 

EDIT: Oops, that would be Pitbull Gary not Pitbull Anthony. Who is apparently still working and is a head trainer at CZW's academy. 

Edited by Curt McGirt

I watched everything from the Women's chamber match on. It was nice to see them allowing the women to have some style and flair in their body suits this time around. Ronda in her judo gi was a nice touch for her match.

I thought the dumbest part of the show was having The Uso's attack The Viking Raiders. 18 hours of flying for all that. 

The mens chamber match was interesting. I loved when Brock said fuck it and just kicked his way out of the cell. I thought it was lame that they did Bobby in like that, but if he's gonna be out with shoulder surgery I guess it's the best way to keep him strong since no one pinned him.

8 minutes ago, Gonzo said:

They had plans for Elias, too, but it appears he died on the way back to his home planet.

Sad. How do they fuck up an Elias? He must be a real weirdo backstage or something...there must be reason to this madness...

• Like 2

If you're to believe Meltzer, Title vs. Title at WrestleMania 38 was not the original plan. It was borne out of the apparent course correction caused by Day 1. Not sure if that's the case.

Considering the million other times they've run Reigns vs. Lesnar into the ground, the match needed something to add some actual heat and intrigue to it. I'm not saying this is ideal, but considering the main event scene is a barren wasteland, and no one is getting over other than Roman and Brock, you might as well do this. Plus having two world champions is a stupid idea in the first place. 

• Like 1

I don't have a problem with Roman vs Brock at all because it's fresh because the reverse of the heel/face roles, I still don't see why they insist on Title for Title though. I don't think having both guys as the top men's Champ going in makes this more of a spectacle. They would have been better of keeping it on E or Lashley and allowing them to be strong as the top guy on RAW. Lashley atleast was allowed to be seen as the dominant Champ even though most of us knew he was just a transition for Brock. Big E wasn't booked at all to come across as someone important other than his actual title win which is unfortunate.

Didn't watch the show even though it was a decent time for those in the UK/Europeans for once. Just read the Elimination Chamber match times for the first time and can't believe how short those went, 15:45 for the Women and 14:55 for the Men going by cagematch. The two quickest EC matches in history. Usually EC go 30 minutes or over, some 20-25.

I wouldn't be shocked if WWE holds a premium event titled "house money"  how many times did the commentators say "he's playing with house money"  or "she's playing with house money"  Christ  even the commentary is stale.

Brock coming in and dominating every match he is in is just poor booking. If you can come in and dominate each and every member of the roster does it really make you good? Big fish in a pond full of minnows.   Did anyone in the world think Theory had a shot to win? Why not make AJ or Riddle the final guy? Give some chance that an upset could possibly happen.  At this point why would anyone want to work WWE? It's the Brock and Roman show for the men and the Charlotte-Becky show for the girls.

Don't even get me started on Bianca.  Is Liv going to be the Charley Brown of the WWE? Will she ever win the big match?  Why bring Alexa back only to job in her first match on return?  Charlotte was the one who she had storyline heat with  why not have her first match be with her?   

Hulk Hogan himself wasn't even booked as dominant as Brock.  Hell with Hogan at least you thought he had a shot of losing.

I don't want to make this AEW vs WWE but AEW would never put out a shit show like this.  Lashley is legit hurt. They knew this going in. Why not bring in a replacement once he was taken out? An element of surprise for the fans.  Mansoor would have gotten a huge pop.  How about Veer? Amos  or Orton even.    This is just lazy, lazy booking.

• Like 4