DVDVR Message Board

Elimination Chamber XII - 2/19/2022

Dolfan in NYC

The 10 year old picture of Bill is fine. It still looks very close to current day Bill. But god damn why do they keep slathering the paint tool on his beard? 10 years ago we knew it was grey. Now he's in his 50s and it's full on white. No fucking need to make his picture look like a god damn AI robot wearing his skin. Getting close to that uncanny valley.

For the record - they are going with the "The WrestleMania match that was promised..." as the storyline for Reigns/Goldberg

It’s the WrestleMania match that was promised, only now a showdown worthy of The Grandest Stage of Them All will take place at Elimination Chamber

That line is in the story on wwe.com and was all over their socials

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

20220207_ElimChamber_womensECM_FC_Date--

Women's Elimination Chamber match, the winner receives a title shot for the Raw womens title at Wrestlemania.

The only women currently on the RAW roster not in that match are Alexa Bliss, Tamina and Dana Brooke (I didn't count Zelina and Carmella since they are tag teams and are technically listed for both brands)

So I am guessing the mystery person is either Becky (after having lost her title to Lita earlier) or a returning Asuka or Bayley

2 hours ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

The wrestlemania match that was promised......and no one wanted int he first place!

Hey, Don’t look a gift-berg in the mouth!

This years Road to Wrestlemania is certainly taking some wild detours.  I think WWE’s Sat Nav is broken.  

“Well we know we want to get to Lesnar-Reigns, so if we take this turning here… oh my god, we’re on the wrong side of the Highway, and there’s a Goldberg coming right at us!!!! Abort! Abort!”

Edited by Ultimo Necro
  • Haha 3

Is there any world where Vince panics and puts Goldberg over?

Is the Heyman thing a double reverse screwjob leasing to the revelation that he's still aligned with Brock to get him the Universal Title again?

But then, why would he help screw him out of the WWE title?

Part of me can't help but shake the feeling that "Reigns over Goldberg" followed by "Reigns over Lesnar @ Mania" is just too obvious for Vince.

Honestly, when Goldberg and Saudi are put together, no booking decision is out of the question.  It wouldn't shock me if they fed Reigns to Goldberg the same way they did Bray a few years back (I'm admittedly STILL pissed off about that, not only as a huge Wyatt fan, but it strikes me as one of the stupidest booking decisions of all time)

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, L_W_P said:

Is the Heyman thing a double reverse screwjob leasing to the revelation that he's still aligned with Brock to get him the Universal Title again?

But then, why would he help screw him out of the WWE title?

Part of me can't help but shake the feeling that "Reigns over Goldberg" followed by "Reigns over Lesnar @ Mania" is just too obvious for Vince.

Brock is going over at Mania dude.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, scatterheart said:

Brock is going over at Mania dude.

Wait, what?

No fucking way this whole "Tribal Chief/Head of the Table" run has been building to ANOTHER Lesnar run... Surely not.

The whole point of a huge heel run is to make the plucky underdog face all the more impressive for winning.

Given the history between New Day and The Bloodline, it would make all the sense in the world for Kofi or Big E to get another run.

The real power move though would be for Roman/Heyman to talk shit about Woods as the "weak link" and start a slow build to him becoming #1 contender and finally breaking through for a world title run.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, L_W_P said:

Bully Ray's world

I figured there's no way Brock isn't going over at WM considering how long they've drawn this out and already having had Brock get screwed multiple times, especially since Roman went over last SaudiMania.

• Sad 1

Damn! Bully Ray is right, just put the belt on Goldberg.

In all seriousness though, they probably will have Riddle take the belt later somehow. Or more likely Brock wins it.

Edited by Blue Dragon

12 female performers working a saudi show, one of which is gay. WWE has certainly earned a lot of leeway with the saudi government. Too bad the average citizen doesn't get that same leeway.

Brandon Thurston from Wrestlenomics put out a series of tweets really highlighting the false bottom of this who deal. It's propaganda and false hope. Nothing about the saudi government has changed. Nothing about the culture or laws have changed. But for someone not willing to look for the actual facts it sure *looks* like change.

• Like 2

After the incident a few years ago and they got stuck over there,  Did their paydays go up for taking these Shots. With all the rumors of how unhappy guys were and guys saying they weren't going back. I know it's a lot of new guys but I Imagine that is not a trip people are happy to make