DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 1/31 - 2/6/2022

Dolfan in NYC

25 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Wait so they had a fucking spelling bee?

Yes it was based around Gable recently getting degree and saying he was smarter than everyone else

39 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Bring back the musical chairs. 

Don't tempt them. But I can just see Riddle being too goofy and he mistimes sitting/Gable shoves him out of the way.

Speaking of Gable, Otis is really starting to shine with him. The match with Riddle last night was pretty good. I still find it hard to boo Otis. He should be this loveable guy. Not a big brute. 

Waller's Restraining Order is already getting 50-50 booking. Knight punched him right in the face with no consequences.

Who the hell was Wilde diving at when he went through the table? Breakker was in the ring and Ciampa was behind him. That was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen. lol

Imperium vs Diamond Mine was fucking great.  GUNTHER!  I like that everybody had their names on their butts since I don't know anybody's name who isn't Gunther or Roderick Strong.

EDIT: Wendy Choo has the exact same offense as Taz.

• Like 2

The Mandy/KLR stuff was the first time the whole KLR is crazy push ever had anything backing it. Kidnaping people and then chasing someone with a bat all night works a bit better than destroying a photoshoot set with no one around.

Imperium vs. Diamond Mine was so so good, and I'm going to be so damn disappointed when they don't give the Creed Brothers the Dusty Classic so we can have them vs. Imperium for the titles.

Sarray outside a bit of her entrance didn't really feel like any sort of magical school girl deal. Sarray looked good though her opponent was kind of wooden.

Wendy/Amari was fun. Amari has some solid potential if she can figure out a personality to work with. 

Raquel/Cora was nice. I like how they have built them up for the Dusty Classic though I still want Kacy/Kayden to win. 

Why is Brock in the EC ? are they still going back and forth creatively as to doing title for title?

I'd rather Lashley go into WrestleMania as Champ but as always always feels like their Champ is just a transition for someone else 

Coming in early, and maybe it was said before, but Charlotta and Ronda has big Orton/Batista energy. I think they're gonna have to put in someone to make it a three-way otherwise there's a real chance the crowd turns sour on it in the buildup. 

Is Karen Q going to be the female Mike Shaw who ends up with like 8 different weird gimmicks that don't really work?  I kind of like what she's doing in ring but the gimmick and look is very clunky.  It's wwe version of orange cassidy but feels like she should be doing things where she is drunken master avoid stuff because she's half asleep or dead weight countering stuff

On 2/2/2022 at 5:34 PM, Niners Fan in CT said:

NXT 2.0 has been lots of fun lately...   Sue me.

Honestly, I think after the first 4-7 weeks of 2.0 where they were throwing everything at people the show returned to something generally solid.

No matches announced for Smackdown tonight, just that Ronda Rousey will name her WM opponent and Paul Heyman will explain his actions at the Rumble.

There are several reports saying Goldberg will be returning to announce he's going to have a match at the EC.