DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 1/24 - 1/30/2022

Dolfan in NYC

That was a lotta wrestling- the best being that really good Randy Orton/Chad Gable match.  That's how you build to a finish.  That AJ Styles/Austin Theory was also really good.  And the Kevin Owen/Davien Priest match was good even if the finish was complete shit.  Bianca Belair and Zelina was good.  Rhea Ripley looked good as they tried to re-establish her finisher.  Nikki ASH is more pesky than evil.  The Misterios/Street Profits match was sloppy but waaay fun.  Montez Ford's dive was awesome.  I'm glad I was able to fast forward all the bullshit between matches. HERE HERE!   GOOD SHOW, WWE! 

• Like 5

Bianca/Zelina was more fun than expected.

Priest/Owens was nice.

Orton/Gable was good stuff

What I caught of AJ/Theory looked solid

The Becky/Doudrop segment was decent. Kind of interesting that neither has been pushed towards face during this. Its kind of nice to get a heel/heel feud.

Skipped around the ending with the birthday celebration. It was mostly about what I would have expected.

Edited by Eivion

In the latest round of NXT "vets" working dark matches on the main shows -  Io Shirai, Dakota Kai, Roderick Strong, and LA Knight are all scheduled to work the Smackdown tapings this week

This will be the 2nd straight week for Roddy and Knight

On tap for NXT tonight-

No Disqualification Falls Count Anywhere Match

Boa vs. Solo Sikoa

Indi Hartwell, Kay Lee Ray & Persia Pirotta vs. Toxic Attraction (Gigi Dolin, Jacy Jayne & Mandy Rose)

WWE NXT North American Title #1 Contendership Match

Cameron Grimes vs. Tony D'Angelo

Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic 2022 First Round Match

MSK (Nash Carter & Wes Lee) vs. Jacket Time (Ikemen Jiro & Kushida)

Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic 2022 First Round Match

Andre Chase & Bodhi Hayward vs. The Grizzled Young Veterans (James Drake & Zack Gibson)

The MSK/Jacket Time match was really good.  It looked like MSK doesn't really hit anything clean but they cut away at the point of contact so you can't tell- which is why the WWE is so annoying to watch.  Why the shitty ending to the really good Cameron Grimes/Tony D'Angelo match? Hey, let's book the fuck out of everything!  Io Shirai carried Tiffany Stratton to a minor miracle match.  YAY!  IO!  Gigi Dolan is your secret superworker who carried the six man.  I SAID IT.  I'll prolly stand by it,  GIGI!  I kind zoned out during the death match because death matches should have blood or they are nor death matches- but the table spot was cool.  Good show, WWE!

MSK vs. Jacket Time was pretty damn good.

GYV vs. Chase U was solid.

Io/Stratton was a better showcase for Stratton than her debut match.

The six woman tag was decent.

Boa/Solo was alright. Honestly felt like the brawl they had building to this a couple of weeks back was better.

Grimes/Tony D was decent.

Dug the Diamond Mine promo though its kind of sad that the Creed Brothers already seem to speak better than Strong.

The explanation of the name change for Walter was about what I expected. I still would have preferred no change, but at least they didn't just leave people hanging with no reason. Its also seemingly still all caps with GUNTHER. I kind of feel sorry for HBK and co. having to quickly adjust to fix stupid Vince and others have likely forced on them.

I like the general building they are doing for the Dusty Classics. 

2 hours ago, DEAN said:

I kind zoned out during the death match because death matches should have blood or they are nor death matches- but the table spot was cool. 

It was a street fight. I don't think WWE has had a death match in 3 or 4 decades. Closest thing to death matches were some of Foley's last matches in WWE. 

Edited by Eivion

9 hours ago, Eivion said:

It was a street fight. I don't think WWE has had a death match in 3 or 4 decades. Closest thing to death matches were some of Foley's last matches in WWE. 

Street fight, death match- same thing,  No blood is no good.

• Like 3