DVDVR Message Board

2021-22 NFL PLAYOFFS: CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS

Dolfan in NYC

58 minutes ago, Dewar said:

Andy Reid went full Andy Reid today. Whatever that play call was right before halftime was terrible, and then the second and third down plays at the end of regulation were even worse.

Bengals played very well in the second half, but Reid pissed away this game.

Someone here once called Reid "either the best bad coach ever or the worst good coach ever". I always loved that assessment.

There's been a lot of talk this week about whether Andy should be considered an all-time great coach, what with him being the first coach to make four straight conference finals with two different teams.

Of course the problem is that his record in those eight conference finals is now 3-5. Throw in the one non-consecutive appearance and it's 3-6. Nine conference finals appearances and he's got one Super Bowl win to show for it. He's like the 90's/early 00's Atlanta Braves of football coaches.

Bottom line, he's a tier 2 guy. You can't put him up there with Lombardi or Noll or Walsh or Bellichick. They had killer instincts. Reid basically has the opposite of that. Shoot-myself-in-the-foot instinct I guess.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, The Comedian said:

Someone here once called Reid "either the best bad coach ever or the worst good coach ever". I always loved that assessment.

I can't swear to it, but that sounds like something I would've said. It's the description I use for Sid all the time (except wrestler instead of coach obviously)

• Like 2

Sigh, it would be nice to have a Super Bowl where I don't mind either team winning.

The title-less 31-year playoff win drought conquering Bengals are easy to root for.

Matt Stafford finally escaping football hell is easy to root for.

The 49ers? Maybe the younger kids can get into it, but for those of us old enough to remember that they were the Patriots of the 80's? Fuck 'em, 30 years without a Super Bowl, they can go 30 more for all I care...

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

McVay doesn't care about those timeouts that he is blowing with these challenges.  Although the last one wasn't as awful as the 1st one

By the way is there anything more terrifying that Trent Williams running in motion for blocking 

Jesus how do you miss that INT

They really should've went for it on that 4th.

And San Fran better pray to any and all deities that Trey Lance is ready to be great next year, because they can't handicap this roster with Handsome Jimmy G again

I'll admit I was hoping the 49ers would make it because of Kittle and his wrestling fandom.  But with KC out I'm very cool with it being Cincy vs LA.  I do find it interesting for two years in a row there's a home team playing in a Super Bowl.

I understand that Andy Reid screwed up before halftime but I just don’t see it so that that blew that game like everybody else does. Mahomes was legit shook the whole 4th QTR. Then in OT he kind of threw 3 INTs in 2 plays lol! The first was dropped, the next was deflected by the WR who was at that point playing DB to prevent an INT, and the next was finally INTed on the deflection lol! And he had 1 other play in OT, the pass before that God had a better chance of catching than the person he was throwing it to. My main man Brett Favre has threw some picks in OT, but not 3 lol! 

Stafford deserves it. I don’t like some of the punks on his team, especially the few that are glorified children on the playground who throw a fit in the middle until they get to play for the team that’s winning. That’s basically how it went lol!

The Bengals also deserve it. And I liked how the old man congratulated the other teams just for playing the dang game instead of some other fabricated thing. I just hope we don’t get to much Cris Collinsworth for the next 2 weeks now. 

• Like 1