DVDVR Message Board

2021-22 NFL PLAYOFFS: CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS

Dolfan in NYC

WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M CRYING MY GODDAMNED EYES OUT RIGHT NOW. 31 YEARS OF PAIN. 31 YEARS OF BEING A LAUGHING STOCK. IT'S OUR TIME, WHO DEY!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 16

Just now, elizium said:

Maybe now they'll stop sucking Steve Spagnuolo's cock. Five game hot streak, but a terrible D the other 15 games

that being said, the Chiefs OC situation is amazing since really, we don't know who calls the plays, so when the QB plausibly loses confidence in the playcalling, we don't know who to blame

Bieniemy would likely fail quickly as an NFL HC but it would be better for the Chiefs if he got that chance somewhere else.

I can't stop laughing to myself that Reid spotted a Bengals illegal formation and called a time out so (1) the Bengals don't have to run the play and get a penalty and (2) he can't even challenge that anyway.

I mean, very low % chance it would have mattered, but goddamn my dude.

• Like 2

well you know if they hadn't spent years being so lax about letting tackles play a yard back to get a head start on falling back to pass block, 3rd TE's legally and properly playing one step back off the line like that wouldn't appear to be on the line.

Maybe Reid should get in touch with the competition committee this offseason and tell them to start enforcing the rule about linemen playing on the line again.

they won't directly say it, but the offense falling apart after the first half and Chiefs receivers arguing with each other on the sidelines seems like an indicator that some people lost a lot of confidence in how things were going in the second half

there's a lot of worse OCs who get NFL HC jobs, but Bieniemy getting hired as an HC after his worst OC season would be sorta hilarious.

Edited by Cobra Commander
  • Like 1

Andy Reid went full Andy Reid today. Whatever that play call was right before halftime was terrible, and then the second and third down plays at the end of regulation were even worse.

Bengals played very well in the second half, but Reid pissed away this game.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Dewar said:

Andy Reid went full Andy Reid today. Whatever that play call was right before halftime was terrible, and then the second and third down plays at the end of regulation were even worse.

Yeah that was an Andy Reid special. 

Also, I hate seeing such a failson like Mike Brown get rewarded.

7 minutes ago, Dewar said:

between the whole "nobody believes Bieniemy calls the plays" thing and "Pederson/Nagy getting fired pretty quickly" thing.. there are reasons why Bieniemy doesn't get hired while Josh McDaniel gets two AFC West stints

but there was a clear problem with things getting off kilter in the face of adversity and they lost multiple games as a result of letting turnovers get into their heads.

57 minutes ago, Dewar said:

He's such a good coach in so many ways, but he's also Andy Reid.