DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 2/10/22

*Dark Match: Jack Tolos def. VSK

*Taped for Before the Impact: Lady Frost def. Alisha Edwards (6:05) after a top rope moonsault. After the match, "The Quintessential Diva" Gisele Shaw debuted and came to the ring to circle Frost and then left.

Impact Wrestling - Airing February 10, 2022 from Fort Lauderdale, FL

*Josh Alexander came to the ring for a promo. Josh said at No Surrender, he will stand alongside Impact's finest against Honor No More but after that, the world title is in his sights. Josh announced he's invoking his rematch clause against the winner of Moose/Morrissey. Josh then issued an open challenge..

*Josh Alexander def. Big Kon (formerly Konnor of the Ascension) (0:41) via Ankle Lock submission in a squash. After the match, Josh refused to break the hold so security came down to force him off, so Josh beat up security.  Scott D'Amore comes to the ring and Josh shoves him down. D'Amore gets the mic and talks about being part of many big moments for Josh including signing him to his Impact contract three years ago. Scott asks what more does Josh want. Josh says doesn't need the corporate guy, he needs his coach. Josh says he worked too hard to be the only guy to never have time put the title around his waist. Josh declares he wants to be Impact Worlds Champion and the face of the company so if he doesn't get his rematch, we could be looking at the hottest free agent in wrestling. D'Amore then announces he's pulling Josh from the Impact vs. Honor No More tag at No Surrender and sending him home. Josh says he is home, Impact is his home, so he'll have to be dragged out of the ring.

*Deonna Purrazzo(c) def. Santana Garrett (10:22) to retain the ROH Women's Championship.

*Chelsea Green def. Mickie James (3:57) via DQ when Tasha Steelz & Savannah Evans interfered.

*In-ring promo with Bullet Club and Violent by Design sets up a six man tag next week as well as The Good Brothers defending the Impact World Tag Team Championships against The Guerillas of Destiny at No Surrender.

*Matt Taven & Mike Bennett (w/ Maria Kanellis, PCO, Vincent, & Kenny King) def. Rhino & Rich Swann (w/ Chris Sabin & Eddie Edwards) (9:42) when Taven pinned Rhino with the Climax after Maria threw powder in his face. After the match, Taven & Bennett went after Cary Silkin at ringside until Steve Maclin ran out for the save, sending Bennett back in to a Gore from Rhino.

*W. Morrissey def. Brian Myers (w/ VSK & Zicky Dice) (15:38) in a No DQ match after two powerbombs on thumbtacks. After the match, Moose attacks Morrissey and lays him out with a steel chair.

Edited by DreamBroken
  • Like 2

Solid opening seg with Alexander. Big Kon was an interesting arrival but didn't put up much of a fight. Deonna/Santana was good stuff while it lasted, though the finish was rather abrupt and then immediately went to break. Tasha Steelz looked great and always kills it on commentary. Poor Lady Frost completely whiffed on her finish, couldn't believe they not only showed that but replayed it later on. Looking forward to seeing how Gisele Shaw does here. Really liked Maclin making the save for Team Impact and being the replacement partner, makes sense and I could get behind him as a babyface if that stuck. Similarly, suddenly babyface W. Morrissey seems to be working well also, fun main event. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

Solid opening seg with Alexander. Big Kon was an interesting arrival but didn't put up much of a fight. Deonna/Santana was good stuff while it lasted, though the finish was rather abrupt and then immediately went to break. Tasha Steelz looked great and always kills it on commentary. Poor Lady Frost completely whiffed on her finish, couldn't believe they not only showed that but replayed it later on. Looking forward to seeing how Gisele Shaw does here. Really liked Maclin making the save for Team Impact and being the replacement partner, makes sense and I could get behind him as a babyface if that stuck. Similarly, suddenly babyface W. Morrissey seems to be working well also, fun main event. 

Well, Maclin OBVIOUSLY took out Gresham so this is waaaay fun.   Santana Garrett looked great.  I was wondering what she was up to since her two weeks in AEW.  Deonna Purrazzo is fucking awesome.  The Lady Frost/Alisha match was really good in a cold Worldwide sense, even with the hilarious finish.  Alisha is so good for total unnatural in the ring.  It is amazing how much more big league the Bullet Club look compared to everyone else in IMPACT!  The table spots made the Morrissey match watchable.  I don't understand why they would not have Josh Alexander on the screen every second you can get him on.

• Like 3

So was there an actual reason established D'Amore is blocking Alexander from his rematch like this beyond "Keep your emotions in check," it feels like there's something missing from this story. I get maybe holding off on it until Bound for Glory or one of the major events but that's a long way off and that talking point feels exhausted from a narrative standpoint. Like why wouldn't D'Amore want Josh representing the company?

That aside, Iinspiration and Kaleb have such great chemistry together

What's gotten in Morrisey who called him and FKA Curt Hawkins having a banger of a main event like that

Christ I love how obvious this Maclin thing is like even Sting could see this one coming

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nineteen said:

What's gotten in Morrisey who called him and FKA Curt Hawkins having a banger of a main event like that

Well, Bryan Myers is fucking awesome.

• Like 2

I have never actually seen WWE's Curt Hawkins, but Brian Myers is indeed great.  Yeah, that main event started with the scent of TNA
overbooking, but found a way with the plunder.  But goddamn can we call a moratorium on flimsy trashcans?  

Deonna Purrazzo is just so fantastic!  Purrazzo and Alexander are my main reasons for checking in on this promotion.  That said, the 'feed Spike Dudley a big guy' routine doesn't work for Alexander.  Had Josh worked with 'Big Kon' for 5 minutes it would have surely made a bigger impact than whatever that nonsense accomplished.  The post match was just awful.  Scott D'Amore inserting himself in segment after segment is Russo level annoying.  Scott D'Amore seems like a solid hardworking guy, but his on screen role is amongst the worst in pro wrestling 2022.  I can't help but think this company would benefit so greatly from deleting this constant and annoying character.  

I can understand airing Lady Frost's match, but replaying an embarrassing whiff like that finish seems shortsighted to say the least.  I wonder who it was that looked at that tape and said 'yeah, let's air it twice'.

Jay White is a tremendous in ring talent.  These promo reps, under the radar in Impact, are sure to help him bring his mic game to the same level as his in ring.  The Guerrillas could certainly use a few reps too.  Karl Anderson kept that whole thing together out there.  I might be the only person on the DVDVR that actually digs the Good Brothers.  Tho, I'm sure I'm not the only one that thinks Eric Young kinda rules.        

Steve Maclin is also fantastic.  That said, Impact's attempts at scripting high stakes drama always leaves a little or lot to be desired.  This angle with Honor No More has sadly and quickly lost steam for my interests.  They would have been wise to have these guys enter from the crowd or somewhere other than the stage.  They also ought to have stolen the promo style of early nWo and had paid advertisements.  Or just something that would allow them to more easily be viewed as evil outliers.  On a side note, I'm kind of astonished that a small group of this audience both knew Matt Taven's catchphrase and were prepared to freely chant along to said Matt Taven catchphrase.      

Looking forward to the inevitable Chelsea Green heel turn.  She's a big bright shining star!  Also, solid promo from Cardona, but no interest in seeing more intergender action.  

Listen to that audience go for the Moose!  This guy should be protected at every turn and pushed like he has Vincent Kennedy's love eyes on him.  That said, damn(!), that ringpost chair on head thing looked pretty shitty.     

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

I might be the only person on the DVDVR that actually digs the Good Brothers.  Tho, I'm sure I'm not the only one that thinks Eric Young kinda rules.        

Oh, I like the Good Brothers and I dig Eric Young.  UNITED WE STAND AGAINST THE HATERS!

• Thanks 1

Did not have Brian Meyers hitting a coast to coast on my wrestling bingo card. That match was a banger too.

I'm an Eric Young fan I just think he's one of those guys that needs some kind of hair on his head or face.

Babyface Bullet Club is hilarious though.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

So I watched the first hour of this on Pluto in the middle of the night last night.

I really hope this Josh Alexander angle isn’t a way to write him out of the company. He should come back in a few months and be the one to finally defeat Honor No More. The dude is so good he deserves a real run with the World Title.

Deonna vs Santana was really good. Both women are awesome. It’s a shame the crowd seemed quit during the match maybe they didn’t know what to make of the match being mat based or maybe the crowd was just quit.

• Like 1