DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 1/27/22 - Fort Lauderdale, FL

*Matthew Rehwoldt did commentary with Tom Hannifan.

*Taped for Before the Impact: Laredo Kid def. Blake Christian (7:30) after the Spanish Fly.

Impact Wrestling - Airing January 27, 2022 from Fort Lauderdale, FL

*Jake Something def. Chris Bey (9:19) after the black hole slam. After the match, The Guerrilas of Destiny (Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa) attacked Jake. Speedball Mike Bailey came out for the save until Jay White arrived for a 4 on 2 attack with Bullet Club standing tall.

*Honor No More (Matt Taven, Mike Bennett, Maria Kanellis, Vincent, & PCO) came out through the crowd. Chris Sabin, Rhino, Rich Swann, Eddie Edwards, & Josh Alexander hit the ring to block them from entering. Scott D'Amore came out and went back and forth with Maria on the mic, eventually setting up an 8 man tag team match for No Surrender next month. Sabin said he did not want to wait until February so they announced Sabin vs. PCO tonight. D'Amore said these 5 do not represent Ring of Honor and don't work there, men like Cary Silkin and Jonathan Gresham represent ROH. D'Amore announced that if Honor No More win the 8 man tag at No Surrender, then they can remain in Impact Wrestling. 

*The IInspiration (Cassie Lee & Jessie McKay) def. Madison Rayne & Kaleb with a K (replacement for Tenille) (11:46) when Cassie pinned Kaleb with a sunset flip.

*Gail Kim came to the ring with all the knockouts to introduce knockouts champion Mickie James for her State of the Knockouts address. Mickie put over the knockouts division. Deonna Purrazzo got a mic, called this a waste of time and walked out. Mickie said in two days she will continue to make "Herstory" and go on to represent at another company as champion, then win the Royal Rumble and go Title vs. Title at WrestleMania. Chelsea Green got in and encouraged Mickie. Tasha Steelz interrupted, pointing out that she's beaten Chelsea twice. Tasha & Savannah Evans got in to a brawl with Mickie & Chelsea.

*W. Morrissey def. VSK, Zicky Dice, and 6 other local wrestlers (2:30) in an 8 on 1 handicap squash. Brian Myers did commentary. Afterwards, Myers confronts Morrissey, allowing Moose to attack from behind.

*Jonah def. Johnny Swinger (0:56) with the Tsunami top rope splash in a squash. Dan Lambert was shown watching in the crowd. After the match, Jonah tossed Swinger from the ring while Decay came down to face off with Jonah.

*PCO (w/ Matt Taven, Mike Bennett, Maria Kanellis, & Vincent) def. Chris Sabin (w/ Josh Alexander, Rich Swann, Rhino, & Eddie Edwards) (16:21) with a full nelson bomb after Mike Bennett shoved Sabin off the top rope while Maria distracted the ref.  After the match, the two sides brawled with Impact sending Honor No More from the ring.

Edited by DreamBroken
  • Like 1

This Blake Christian guy seems pretty good.  Laredo Kid is awesome and he hits his cool ass Spanish Fly variation.  BTI!  ONLY ON THE INTERNET!

• Like 2

Good matches early on with BTI and then Jake/Bey. The IInspiration are awesome, they make a for a fantastic babyface team suddenly. Tasha Steelz continues to come off like a total star, fun segment there.  PCO/Sabin ruled, with PCO nailing multiple crazy flip dives. Rehwoldt and Tom were a solid commentary duo for the night.  Excited for Gisele Shaw's debut, she was excellent on the last WOW Women of Wrestling season so I look forward to seeing her join this stacked knockouts division. 

Edited by DreamBroken
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

Good matches early on with BTI and then Jake/Bey. The IInspiration are awesome, they make a for a fantastic babyface team suddenly. Tasha Steelz continues to come off like a total star, fun segment there.  PCO/Sabin ruled, with PCO nailing multiple crazy flip dives. Rehwoldt and Tom were a solid commentary duo for the night.  Excited for Gisele Shaw's debut, she was excellent on the last WOW Women of Wrestling season so I look forward to seeing her join this stacked knockouts division. 

(Jake Something, Chris Bey, Chris Sabin) <circle one>  is the best wrestler in IMPACT!   It might actually be Jake Something.  But Chris Bey was just as awesome as Something in that match.  But Chris Sabin was soooo spunky as an overmatched babyface and he had so much fire in his comeback.  I dunno.  That was two really good matches.  Everything else was mildly amusing squashes- especially the hilarious Bryan Myers commentating on his 7 new recruits.  If the Jonah squash leads to fuckin Jonah vs Black Taurus, I BACK YOUR PLAY ONE HUNDRED PERCENT. OH! And the return of fucking Jay White!  I fast forwarded through a lot of the rest.  I totally agree with you Rehwoldt on color.  They should keep him.  But yeah, tonight seemed like a set up for a more wrestling based episode next week.  SO MANY INVASIONS!  Oh!  And why was Dan Lambert there?

• Like 3

Thanks gents, good promo work.  I’m seeking this one out today.  I’ve been unsure whether Jake Something with that awful name was worth them hoisting up a little, but am game to see what he does with future national tv star Bey.  I too am impressed always by the inspiration.  I’d never seen anything from their wwe run, but they’ve got something special.  I feel the same about Chelsea Green, but more so from her gcw heel persona.  When I see each of these three I wonder if aew wanted each to hone their in ring craft a little before bringing them in.  Tenille also.

• Like 3

Enjoyed the state of the Knockouts address. I'm ready for Tasha/Mickie. They've done a good job of building Tasha up and I know the two of them will have a good little match. Feels like they are going to allow the aborted angle that Chelsea and Mickie pitched to WWE play out. 

Hopefully Tenille is not out long so we can see this Influence/IInspiration feud play out. 

• Like 2

I know Bullet Club is mostly there to go after Gallows and Anderson but feels weird having two invader groups at the same time. GoD/Switchblad/Bey vs VBD/Gallows/Anderson could be hella fun though.

I know Zicky's whole schtick is being, well... gross. Commentary calling him "The human embodiment of Florida" really nailed him down for me.

Really loved Iinspiration/Influence. I thought the offense was balanced enough where Kaleb came off like a dick the few times he did manage to land a move but was still able to be outclassed by the two of them. I have high hopes for when Jessie/Cassie vs. Tenille/Madison proper goes down.

Liked the little moment with Cary too letting Taven know that he never really represented "Honor," nice for continuity there. I know here it's a low bar but sometimes I feel so wounded by how many times WWE screwed up a simple thing for so many years.

PCO carrying over his RoH thing of secretly being the best wrestler ever

• Like 3

Jake Something-Chris Bey was indeed a solid piece of business. That's the best I've seen from Somebody. Chris Bey's just getting better and better.  And Tom Hannifan is easily the best play by play man in wrestling.  Rehwoldt's no slouch either.

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...

Watched PCO vs Maclin which lead me to PCO vs Chris Sabin. The match is really good. How could it not be? There’s some good shit in this not only is it a badass match with PCO doing crazy shit but there’s also good storytelling, for example this is early on in the Impact vs Honor No More storyline and Eddie Edwards hasn’t turned yet, there’s some nice foreshadowing with Eddie pulling PCO’s legs out for under him leading to the Impact Squad being ejected from ring side as a result. On the surface it seems like a misguided attempt at helping Sabin but later on in the match Sabin gets PCO up for the Cradle Shock but Honor No More is still at ringside so Sabin has to fend them off which he does but Marie proves to be his ultimate foil. Really good match.

For anyone who doesn’t know PCO had a brief run in TNA in the winter of 03 as the masked X. Chris Sabin and X had a match in TNA on a Weekly PPV the day after Christmas, Boxing Day to some of 03. Just barely over 19 years later the two Main Event an Impact against each other. The commentators never bring it up so maybe PCO and X are two separate people in TNA/Impact Canon. 

• Like 1