DVDVR Message Board

Rampage - 1/21/2022

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Wasn't the Trent?/Nick Jackson match supposed to be Roppongi Vice against the Young Bucks?

Yes. Romero has COVID.

Main event was fine at a glance but when you bring into their combined experience being under 100 matches, that was impressive.

• Like 4

Yeah, Rocky got pulled for I believe Covid (should be above or in the main thread). 

Great show. A bunch of really good finishes, I'd go: 

1. Mox/Page. Vicious

2. Jade/Anna. Clever

3. Trent/Jackson. Sudden and final

and then the Hook match was just perfect in all ways. Plus Nick Jackson splatting on his face and Serpentico looking like "Serdentico" on the screen which I'm sure will be on Botchamania. 

With all that a fellow poster did something interesting at the show too, though...

• Like 6

Trent with a huge win! That was a good match.

Anna Jay had that one opportunity to take Jade out with that choke and she almost made it count.

Jungle Boy is a damn good promo for someone who's supposedly a bad promo!

Ok, so Marshall will be getting suplexed each time Hook is out there, right?

Rosa-Martinez should kick a decent amount of ass!

Moxley looked good. Danielson and Mox have a history. This shoud be interesting.

Ok, did some of you flash "The Natural" sign on camera during the opening match?

Edited by Shartnado
That sign said The Natural
  • Like 8

Well, that was certainly a very entertaining hour of the professional wrestling. 

I was kinda worried about them putting two inexperienced wrestlers into a 10-minute-plus main event match... but that was really good! In particular, that counter from the Jaded into the Queenslayer was SWANK. And I agree that Hungee makes a fine valet. He was very entertaining in his role.

Mox looks totally different now. Really striking.

MOX VS AMDRAG?!?!?! YES PLEASE!!!!!

Got a kick out of the Dinosaur Man growling "Apples!"

Hey! You like apples?

271693719_4619346058178412_5023187664352

How do you like Apple Miyuki?

Kind of selfish of Nick to put Trent over like that. What about all of the people whose hobby is moaning and bitching about the Young Bucks? What are they supposed to type about today, huh?

"Yeah. From Venice. I've heard about those." ?

"Knox is always in the way" ?

That senton onto the ramp sounded SICK.

I loved the Billy Robinson shout-out during the Hook match. 

And we get another sick ramp bump.

This is ramp-age baby!

I missed our boy @NikoBaltimore' sign. Hopefully someone can screen-cap it. Looking forward, as I said, to his Road Report. Looks like you made the right decision, buddy!

Edited by Gordlow
"minute" is not spelled "minte"
  • Like 8

WaitWAITwait.  Trent Berretta is the best wrestler in AEW?  Huh.  Who knew?  That match almost overdelivered as much as the Anna J/Jade Cargill MIRACLE MATCH.  The key to Trent being awesome is how good his elbowing Nick in the head looked.  Such a NOAH match.  I await the Trnet/Bobby Fish match.  Jon Moxley as the new Stone Cold is pretty great.  Ethan Page was awesome as usual.  HOOK!  YAY! AEW RULES!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Oh absolutely, Trent somehow now has super loud and brutal elbows. The three he gave in the corners at the start were thunderous. Don't know if we needed ANOTHER strike exchange after Moxley and Page but hey. Speaking of strikes, Page popping Mox in the face with those punches in the ropes in full closeup was fantastic. 

The Johnny Hungee setup for the Anna attack will be a great gif here in 3, 2, 1...

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Gordlow said:

Well, that was certainly a very entertaining hour of the professional wrestling. 

I was kinda worried about them putting two inexperienced wrestlers into a 10-minte-plus main event match... but that was really good! In particular, that counter from the Jaded into the Queenslayer was SWANK. And I agree that Hungee makes a fine valet. He was very entertaining in his role.

Mox looks totally different now. Really striking.

MOX VS AMDRAG?!?!?! YES PLEASE!!!!!

Got a kick out of the Dinosaur Man growling "Apples!"

Hey! You like apples?

271693719_4619346058178412_5023187664352

How do you like Apple Miyuki?

Kind of selfish of Nick to put Trent over like that. What about all of the people whose hobby is moaning and bitching about the Young Bucks? What are they supposed to type about today, huh?

"Yeah. From Venice. I've heard about those." ?

"Knox is always in the way" ?

That senton onto the ramp sounded SICK.

I loved the Billy Robinson shout-out during the Hook match. 

And we get another sick ramp bump.

This is ramp-age baby!

Good god man, I’d totally forgotten about Apple. Hang my head in shame

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Speaking of strikes, Page popping Mox in the face with those punches in the ropes in full closeup was fantastic. 

Here you go.

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, DEAN said:

WaitWAITwait.  Trent Berretta is the best wrestler in AEW?  Huh.  Who knew?  That match almost overdelivered as much as the Anna J/Jade Cargill MIRACLE MATCH.  The key to Trent being awesome is how good his elbowing Nick in the head looked.  Such a NOAH match.  I await the Trnet/Bobby Fish match.  Jon Moxley as the new Stone Cold is pretty great.  Ethan Page was awesome as usual.  HOOK!  YAY! AEW RULES!

Trent's super underrated.  Been saying that ever since his IWGP US match vs Juice which was the 2nd best match I've ever seen in person.

• Like 5

I'll have more to say later one but even at 2am I'm watching back the show.

I honestly thought I was a tad bit too far back for any signs to be visible.  But not only were they but my ugly ass in the Godzilla face mask and glasses is in the middle and clearly visible when the hard cam is on.

I feel self conscious yet at the same time really glad.  The signs I hastily made while waiting at 7pm were thankfully pretty visible so that's cool.  Hope that the intended people see it and know it's for them.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Wonder what Mox told him. I can see him saying after the not-so-good looking stuff while he was on the table "tighten up dude" and then got... that. 

Mox is all like: Ok, that's better...holy shit, man!

• Like 4