DVDVR Message Board

Rampage - 1/21/2022

All Ego Ethan Page vs. All I Drink Now is Blood Jon Moxley

Wonder if any jackholes in the crowd are going to yell offensive bullshit at Mox on Rampage. 

Definitely glad to see him back in the ring, and excited for this match-up.

Curious to see if Mox fights any differently than before. 

Hook vs. Serpentico

Holy cow! This has the potential to be really good! Hook is gonna throw Serpentico all over the ring.

I wonder if Luther will be at ringside for this one. I'd like to see ole Lenny take a Hook-o-plex as well.

How long until the Hook backlash starts up? It's inevitable, right?

Ahhhh. Who cares? Let's enjoy this fully while we can.

TBS Championship: Jade Cargill (champ) vs. Anna Jay

Will Tay and Negative One be out there in Anna's corner?

I think this'll be Jade's first defense of the title.

I think differently about Anna Jay now then I did before that bloody, violent tag match. Hopefully she gets to shine a little before getting Jaded. 

Roppongi Vice (Rocky Romero & Trent Beretta) vs. Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson)

Who's feeling nostalgic for 2015-2017 New Japan? 

Me, too!

So, apparently, is Tony Khan!

I'm unreasonably hyped up for this match. 

Edited by Gordlow
apparently
  • Like 6

Ah, fuck it I'll go to the show.  I am concerned at how many available seats are still showing up and this is the day of the show.  But for $65 it's hard to pass on floor seats in camera view.  The idea of seeing Hook in person plus a healthier Mox sold me on this though the rest of the show will be fun.  Plus I love Dark so I hope they have some interesting people on there.

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Ah, fuck it I'll go to the show.  I am concerned at how many available seats are still showing up and this is the day of the show.  But for $65 it's hard to pass on floor seats in camera view.  The idea of seeing Hook in person plus a healthier Mox sold me on this though the rest of the show will be fun.  Plus I love Dark so I hope they have some interesting people on there.

Mask up and take care, my man!

I am superduper looking forward to reading your Road Report on the show. Have a f'n GREAT time!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Have a great time, my friend. You deserve it!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, guys.  I think I'll have better chances at merch than the Queens show so despite today being payday will try not to go too crazy.  I am ready though to shout down anybody that dares be an asshat like the one that did that to Mox, especially if I end up having a frosty beverage or two.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Ah, fuck it I'll go to the show.  I am concerned at how many available seats are still showing up and this is the day of the show.  But for $65 it's hard to pass on floor seats in camera view.  

That's definitely a selling point.  The floor seats at all the AEW shows I have been to in NC have been in the $100+ range

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Floor seats in camera view, eh? Are you taking any signs? It's been a good while since there was a DVDVR sign on TV.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Log said:

The Jade/Anna match is interesting.  Has there ever been a title match on national television for a major promotion between two wrestlers with so little experience combined?

Tori vs Sable at Mania 15. Tori had some experience, but she was nowhere near ready to be wrestling on national television, let alone carry a non-wrestler. The WWF Women’s title picture from that period is dire, but usually there’d be a good hand (Jacqueline, Ivory, Victoria, Jazz, Molly, etc.) to keep it together against the green wrestlers. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Log said:

The Jade/Anna match is interesting.  Has there ever been a title match on national television for a major promotion between two wrestlers with so little experience combined?

You may be right. I was looking to see if Giant faced Renegade for the WCW or TV titles in 95 (nope) and if Rousey faced any rookies (nope). But hey, David Arquette pinned Eric Bischoff when he won the WCW title

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Log said:

It's interesting that they chose a live show instead of a taped one for this too.

As for Tori, she had worked a bunch of AJW in 93, so not entirely the same but a different world than Anna vs Jade.

Edited by Matt D
  • Like 4

46 minutes ago, Casey said:

Rocky Romero has COVID so that match has turned into Nick Jackson vs Trent Beretta.

Ok, so I haven't been able to establish any nostalgia for 2015-17 NJPW, but I saw the footage for the match and got all excited. This sucks!

2 hours ago, Log said:

I am fascinated by this booking and kinda excited.  Jay looked to have a lot of potential early on, but she seems to be struggling with tightening things up, and putting it all together since her return.  That said, she has, what, 25 matches to her name?  I still suspect her to one day be truly a 'great one'.  Seeing as there are 4 bouts seems likely that Jade murders her fast.  

@(BP)Tori was 8 years in by the point of that Wrestlemania match with Sable, but you're not wrong about her being nowhere near ready to carry a non-wrestler.  

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

@(BP)Tori was 8 years in by the point of that Wrestlemania match with Sable, but you're not wrong about her being nowhere near ready to carry a non-wrestler.  

She had about the same amount of matches under her belt as Anna Jay because she worked  for a couple of years in the early 90s and then took a six year hiatus until her WWF run. I'm actually kind of curious how she ended up getting signed, but maybe I’m underestimating her rep from Japan. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Ah, fuck it I'll go to the show. 

We'll miss you on the Discord bud! Have fun and stay safe.

I am hyped for Ethan the Jerk vs. Mox. Hopefully Ethan gets a fair amount of offense in because he deserves to stand toe-to-toe with one of the... old pillars, I guess you can say? 

Sucks about Rocky. It would be interesting if they just made it Trent vs. both Bucks in a handicap match, might build interest in a make-up tag and Trent can continue his ornery ways post-return. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, AxB said:

Floor seats in camera view, eh? Are you taking any signs? It's been a good while since there was a DVDVR sign on TV.

I'm tired at the moment and drawing a blank on references but I'm up for ideas.  I've been mainly thinking of a good video game sign but may defer to my wife on that one.  EDIT:  Only thing I can come up with at the moment is something like "We ❤️ you Coach Tony K" but I'm sure there's better ideas.

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

We'll miss you on the Discord bud! Have fun and stay safe.

Thanks although it's not often I watch it live as I wait to watch it during the weekend.  If anything it's practically guaranteed I'll put photos up on there.  The fun part will be trying to not get the tarped off camera side because I don't want to post stuff like that.

And I just thought about it but isn't this Hook's first match on live TV?  I could have misremembered the first time but I think this is which shows how much trust they have in him already.  I'm still on the bandwagon for sure but hope he gets some higher quality opponents soon.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 1

So on Dynamite, the guy who had the "DC hearts Nyla", "Hello Fite Chat" and "RWL*" signs was one of the few Americans who is in the Dynamite chat discord**. He was posting pictures all night on that Discord all night, because he downloaded Discord on his phone. Like, at one point I posted that he might as well put up the Hello Fite Chat because it was in picture in picture, and he said OK, and the next time it went to hard cam, Hello Fite Chat was right there on camera.

* The RWL is a very small Britwres promotion in Blackburn, Lancashire. The owner/ booker runs that Discord channel.

** Everyone on there used to use the Fite chatroom during the show. But one night, it got too toxic with the shitposters and the transphobes, and the max character copypasters, so we jumped to Discord and left Fite chat in ruins. Then they signed CM Punk and Bryan Danielson, lots of new people started watching live, and they all wondered why there were no cool people in the chatrrom.

• Like 2