DVDVR Message Board

UFC 270: Ngannou vs. Gané (01/22/2022) - Anaheim, CA (Honda Center)

Elsalvajeloco

262064124_10159811844171276_273734078109

UFC 270: Ngannou vs. Gané 
January 22, 2022 
Anaheim, CA (Honda Center)

UFC Heavyweight Championship: Francis Ngannou © (257) vs. Cyril Gané (247) (first defense) - Ngannou, DEC (unanimous)
UFC Flyweight Championship: Brandon Moreno © (124) vs. Deiveson Alcântara (124) (first defense) - Alcântara, DEC (unanimous)
Michel Pereira (170) vs. André Fialho (169.5)- Pereira, DEC (unanimous)
Cody Stamann (135.5) vs. Said Nurmagomedov (136) - Nurmagomedov, SUB (guillotine choke), R1 (0:47)
Trevin Giles (170) vs. Michael Morales (170) - Morales, TKO (strikes), R1 (4:06)

ESPN2 / ESPN+ Preliminary Card:
Raoni Barcelos (135) vs. Victor Henry (135.5) - Henry, DEC (unanimous)
Jack Della Maddalena (170.5) vs. Pete Rodriguez (170.5) - Maddalena, TKO (punches), R1 (2:59)
Tony Gravely (135.5) vs. Saimon Oliveira (136) - Gravely, DEC (unanimous)
Matt Frevola (154.5) vs. Genaro Valdez (155.5) - Frevola, TKO (punches), R1 (3:15)

ESPN+ / Fight Pass Preliminary Card:
Silvana Gomez Juarez (115.5) vs. Vanessa Demopoulos (115.5) - Demopoulos, SUB (armbar), R1 (2:25)
Kay Hansen (125)vs. Jasmine Jasudavicius (125) - Jasudavicius, DEC (unanimous)

Event Bonuses ($50,000)
Performance of the Night: Vanessa Demopoulos
Performance of the Night: Said Nurmagomedov
Fight of the Night: Brandon Moreno vs. Deiveson Alcântara

Attendance: 17,387
Gate: $5.3 million
Buyrate

talk about a top heavy card. outside of the two title fights, only TWO fighters are ranked in their respective divisions. #15 BW Cody Stamann (5-3-1 ufc, coming off 2 straight losses) and #13 FW Ilia Topuria (3-0 ufc).  in the third fight down, Andre Fialho is making his UFC debut after going 4-1 in Bellator and 0-1-1 in PFL. Is he a short notice replacement? 

i'm excited for both title fights, especially the HW one, but i barely know any names past that. Anybody i should look forward to watching?

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, twiztor said:

Is he a short notice replacement? 

Yep, and this was a fight that was suppose to be on last week's show. However, because it was so short notice, it got moved to this card.

• Thanks 1

And as far as people to watch, I would say Rodolfo Vieira is a name I would certainly pick. If he could figure out a way to get his conditioning in order, he could be a problem at 185. However, that's a big IF. Plus, after the Anthony Hernandez fight, people would know how to gameplan against him. That said, Wellington Turman isn't someone who should be able to exploit that. He should look impressive against Turman. Once he starts facing real bodies, the question is can he fight outside his comfort zone? In his last fight, he could pace himself and not worry about gassing out. I expect the same thing in this fight if he doesn't get a first or early second round submission. Not everyone is going to allow that to happen. 

Victor Henry is a name I've been seeing on Southern California and random Japanese MMA cards for years. Happy to see him finally get to the UFC. Also, that's not a cheap win at at all because Raoni Barcelos is pretty solid.