DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 1/19/2022

Dolfan in NYC

I really felt like OC/Stat should've won. OC is supposed to be the non-jobber in Best Friends and even he's getting dominated in this feud. The finish with Adam raging over Britt going through the table was ripe for an overzealous mistake leading to a flash pin. I guess the other option is maybe OC goes over in the unsanctioned match so Cole can take a loss and not have his title push derailed much like Britt with Rosa.

I liked the way Hangman was booked in the post-match with Archer. Lance is obviously a filler program, so don't have him beat up Page every week to pretend he has a chance. Book it as a big man taking his shot, but the champ is the champ for a reason.

AEW needs women's tag titles, because a Serena/Leyla team would rule.

Caster's line about Starrcade 97 was great. Sting/Darby team continues to deliver.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Been thinking about him last night soliciting credit for doing what Punk threatened to do and how that promo works in concert with that time he wanted credit as the man who built this bank. I offer this up for you to sample as a newcomer to Codyworld. Trollololol

The haters may not like it, but craft is occurring and it's hitting the way it's meant to. The best right now.

If he ended it before he said he will not turn I think that would have been one of his best promos.  But on the whole looking back I really liked this.  It shows he's self-aware of the negativity but is doing the best he can.  I still maintain though if he cut his promo time in half his promos would be outstanding.  I felt that way since the Ogogo feud and still do now after this week's promo.

• Like 2

When did Bully Ray become the spokesperson for all of pro wrestling? 

First, he should shut the fuck up. 

Second, these bullshit news sites should stop giving him a platform. 

Who gives a fuck what that has-been thinks about anything?  

• Thanks 5

7 minutes ago, Brandon Bones said:

I would like to shout out Jakes “Clint Eastwood is allergic to horses” line.  

fatality.

Chefs kiss!

What did he mean by that? I know he was really a California boy, but it’s not like Eastwood used a stunt guy for horses. Him, and all those western mainstays literally learned the ropes. 

Eastwood even owned a ranch I believe.

Edit: https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/cry-macho-star-clint-eastwood-admits-being-nervous-about-riding-horses-new-movie.html/

I see… Guess Jake read this article.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

53 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

What did he mean by that? I know he was really a California boy, but it’s not like Eastwood used a stunt guy for horses. Him, and all those western mainstays literally learned the ropes. 

Eastwood even owned a ranch I believe.

Edit: https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/cry-macho-star-clint-eastwood-admits-being-nervous-about-riding-horses-new-movie.html/

I see… Guess Jake read this article.

I admit to having no knowledge of an actual reference.  I just thought a famous guy with a cowboy image being allergic to horses was a quality diss.  Akin to the “all actors are phony” meme.  Like John Wayne’s real name or “action hero” Tom Cruise being 5 foot nothing inches tall.

1 hour ago, AxB said:

He's a co-presenter of Busted Open radio, isn't he? Bully Ray?

I've always avoided that show since Bully Ray is one of the hosts and the other is Mark Henry, who also has questionable opinionz 4 u regarding how "soft" locker rooms have gotten.  Henry was also always the guy WWE trotted out to attack any black wrestler who dared suggest there may be some bullshit going on.  Neither guy has anything to say that's worth more than they oxygen they're stealing to do it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Log said:

When did Bully Ray become the spokesperson for all of pro wrestling? 

First, he should shut the fuck up. 

Second, these bullshit news sites should stop giving him a plattform. 

Who gives a fuck what that has-been thinks about anything?  

Most of the top tier promotions won't touch him because everyone knows he will just try to get himself over regardless of the product.   So now he is just trying to be like people like russo and Disco who just say dumb shit they don't believe for Twitter buzz.   I mean seriously the same guy who spent 10 minutes on every ECW house show AND AN ECW PPV insulting women and gays is going to clutch pearls over "fuck".    

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Stefanie the Human said:

I would love it if this trend of "omg I can't believe this person kicked out" closeups would stop. It was beyond ridiculous with Ruby Soho's googily-eyed selling, and last night's multi-cut back and forth between Adam Cole and Britt Baker went from comical to sad right around camera cut #3.

Presentation-wise, it just looks silly. Especially when people are over-emoting in a way that no rational human does.

Now if the next time they go to a closeup after a close kickout and the person on offense proceeds to shake their head and beat the living heck out of their opponent for daring to kick out? I could get into that.

A full on Jim Breaks-style tantrum would also be awesome.

Mox and Eddie are showing what it's like to be the men I'd want to be around in my life, not the shitty ones I had to deal with for most of mine.

Edited by alstein
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Henry was also always the guy WWE trotted out to attack any black wrestler who dared suggest there may be some bullshit going on.

I remember seeing Bradshaw interviewing Simmons 5 or 6 years ago and basically used Ron as a Black shield against racism in WWE. It was vile. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Stefanie the Human said:

I would love it if this trend of "omg I can't believe this person kicked out" closeups would stop. It was beyond ridiculous with Ruby Soho's googily-eyed selling, and last night's multi-cut back and forth between Adam Cole and Britt Baker went from comical to sad right around camera cut #3.

Presentation-wise, it just looks silly. Especially when people are over-emoting in a way that no rational human does.

Now if the next time they go to a closeup after a close kickout and the person on offense proceeds to shake their head and beat the living heck out of their opponent for daring to kick out? I could get into that.

I agree with that last sentence so much. You're a pro. Get to work. The match is still going.

The only time I think the "oicbtpko" face is appropriate is when it's a super-protected finish. Like, Omega if someone kicks out of the One-Wing (Winged?) Angel. That's always a win and would make sense. What I really hate is people doing it when it's a move that they've NEVER won a match with. Why are you shocked? You've never been successful with that move. Why would you expect it to suddenly work now?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

Most of the top tier promotions won't touch him because everyone knows he will just try to get himself over regardless of the product.   So now he is just trying to be like people like russo and Disco who just say dumb shit they don't believe for Twitter buzz.   I mean seriously the same guy who spent 10 minutes on every ECW house show AND AN ECW PPV insulting women and gays is going to clutch pearls over "fuck".    

I thought Bully said Moxley should apologize for having to go to rehab. 

2 hours ago, Technico Support said:

I've always avoided that show since Bully Ray is one of the hosts and the other is Mark Henry, who also has questionable opinionz 4 u regarding how "soft" locker rooms have gotten.  Henry was also always the guy WWE trotted out to attack any black wrestler who dared suggest there may be some bullshit going on.  Neither guy has anything to say that's worth more than they oxygen they're stealing to do it.

I agree entirely with your assessment of the grossness, but FWIW Henry was quoted as saying he 100% disagrees with Bubba on this, so at least there's that

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, AxB said:

Close. He said Moxley should apologise to fans for missing shows (because he was in rehab).

Yeah, I don't know, Bully. Maybe he can just, you know, stay alive and be able to keep wrestling (and living his family life) and MAYBE make up for those missed shows by making the shows at the end of his active career, that likely has been extended somewhat now, by his decision to enter rehab?

Honestly, one would hope that this is some stupid attempt at setting up an angle, as many have suggested, since if he really meant what he said, I don't know what to tell ya! Holy crap!

• Like 3