DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 1/19/2022

Dolfan in NYC

6 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Punk got massacred by Wardlow last week and will probably still be selling it. Not sure "humiliating squash" is what the story needs. Would likely enjoy Spears bragging about taking Punk to the limit while the big guy has to stand there and say nothing.

Idiot. Knew I was in trouble once they announced Archer vs Kaz. 

Jon Moxley is not afraid to drop the F-Bomb, is he?  Welcome back, dude.

I have no problems with Adam Cole avenging his woman by smashing Orange Cassidy in the nads and then booting him in the back of the head.

21 hours ago, J.T. said:

I'm praying for a humiliating squash

HOLY FUCK~!!!  THAT WAS AWESOME~!  

Cody Rhodes bares his soul and cuts the promo that may have won back hearts and minds.  I am suddenly looking forward to this title unification match.  Eight years and counting until the debut of Brody Lee Jr.

No, Anna Jay will not beat Jade Cargill but I am looking forward to the contest.

I hate the Kings of the Black Throne's opening theme.  They protected the Blondes by teasing dissention in the ranks and mental lapses.  No heel turn from Julia yet.  I was bummed.  PAC cut an amazing promo.  I am looking forward to him and Black kicking the shit out of each other or maybe PAC and Penta going against the Black Throne.

Dan Lambert is the best.  I like how he so wants to humiliate AEW that he is willing to back Lance Archer, but he is obviously scared shitless of the guy because he remembers Lance beating the monkey piss out of him.  Kaz took as bad of an ass whoopin as I have seen him take in a long time.  The little black girl giving Lance the business is the best person on earth.  Crowd chants Piece of Shit.  The censor in the production truck is obviously playing Candy Crush or something.  Archer is decent opponent for Adam Page, but I have no illusions that Hangman Page won't clothesline the fuck out of Archer in a title match.

Are we going to get Dante Martin, Lee Moriarty, and Matt Sydal vs. Ricky Starks, Powerhouse Hobbs, and Hook?  God, I hope so.

LEYLA HIRSCH SPEAKS AND THEN TURN HEEL~! FUCK YEAH~!!

Serena Deeb is from Oakton.  It will literally take her only fifteen minutes to get back home.  Serena Deeb is also a machine.  RIP Skye Blue's ACL.

Ethan Page has just signed his death warrant.  Mox cut a promo talking about drinking blood, fellas.  

Holy shit, dudes.   AEW went there and pulled out the NJPW history footage between Roppongi Vice and the Young Bucks!  I have gone from not giving a shit about the Bucks wrestling ever again to being stoked about a renewal of hostilities between old enemies.

I don't know what I am most looking forward to:  the emancipation of Wardlow or the emancipation of Santana and Ortiz.

Holy shit, this main event.  Darby Allin is fucking crazy.  I am glad it wasn't a handicap match.  Sting can still go, but I worry about him taking bumps.  It's awesome that Sting went in for the save and protected The Acclaimed's finisher.  Sting & Darby just beat the #1 Contenders so are they going to get a title shot at JE after the Ass Boys get their shit pushed in by Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus? 

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 6

I loved the bookends on this show. Both the opener and the main event had that sense of warm joy in them that I just love about this company. If you can't smile at OC and Statlander's nonsense, Sting flying around like a maniac or Anthony Bowens's amazing 1980's action move villain act, then I can't help you. So good.

Crowd was great. Love the smaller venue in DC as opposed to running Capital One again.

• Like 5

Good show but definitely a bummer that the FTR match got cut.

JR being especially complimentary towards Brody King's appearance was cute. 

Cody delivered just as we expected and I really hope the match next week rules.

Mox opening the show was phenomenal. 

The Acclaimed have a tremendous future out of them.

• Like 2

Things I liked:

They moved away from their tried and true formula like we asked. More than one match had women too. Lots of short matches. Almost all the angles hit. Cody is so unique right now. Mox telling the heckler to fuck right off and the rest of it. 

Things I didn't like:

Now, I know they aren't angling to put Hangmin vs. Archer on ppv. They wouldn't do that to us. I'll pass if that's the title match or watch at a friend's. 

Andrade saddled with Hardy office, who I like, when he should be moving up. 

No Julia turn yet. 

Where the fuck is Lio, Tony? Where the fuck is Lio?! 

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 3

I thought last week was a really good episode of 1984 territorial TV and everybody else hated it. I feel the same about this episode - the wrestling was there to provide context to the storylines and not the other way around, but it all made sense so I'm cool with it.

On some level, Serena Deeb is living the legacy Sara Del Ray should have had. Maybe when it's all said and done the opposite holds true as well.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 7

Lio being absent from that segment was very strange, I was expecting him to show up at least the very end but nope. Very strange.

Also from now on when anybody brings up the signing of Tony Nese I'm going to name drop Brian Pillman Jr because dude just doesn't fucking get it. I hope that one day he does, but for the time being, dude absolutely sucks.

Edited by christopher.annino
  • Like 2

A much better show than last week. Enjoyed everything except the weirdly long Archer/Kazarian match. I don’t think it would’ve been a good idea under ideal circumstances, but especially not with Archer looking like he’s way out of shape, coming back from his health stuff.

• Like 1

The roster is just too bloated right now to me.  There's so much top tier talent with very little direction or they start a story and then you don't see a follow up for a couple weeks. 

I'm not advocating for even more TV time. I just think some things should be left on the cutting room floor. 

Cody doesn't need 15 minutes for smarky bullshit. 

Cole and Britt don't need to be together on TV just because they are a real life couple, they are better doing their own thing.

Shawn Spears doesn't need anything more than a producer role.

There should be follow up on Team Tazz vs. Lethal. 

There should be something on Bryan, where is he, how's he doing after the loss.

Why hasn't Jade defended the TBS title or had more than a minute of TV time since winning. 

Why are Santana and Ortiz always disappearing 

• Like 2

Just now, EVA said:

A much better show than last week. Enjoyed everything except the weirdly long Archer/Kazarian match. I don’t think it would’ve been a good idea under ideal circumstances, but especially not with Archer looking like he’s way out of shape, coming back from his health stuff.

Yeah he was fighting for his life near the end. Jesus. 

What happened to the FTR match? Somebody get flagged for covid? 

Boy, that crowd sucked hard. Mox heckler, Cody hecklers (it wasn't going to catch on, this isn't about you, stfu yourself), dead for everything but sting and the opener in terms of matches. 

1 minute ago, Jiji said:

Yeah he was fighting for his life near the end. Jesus. 

What happened to the FTR match? Somebody get flagged for covid? 

Boy, that crowd sucked hard. Mox heckler, Cody hecklers (it wasn't going to catch on, this isn't about you, stfu yourself), dead for everything but sting and the opener in terms of matches. 

Yeah but that Moxley heckler led to one of the best lines on live TV lately, and I think Cody did a fucking damn fine job of bringing people back around.

• Like 6